Sign in to follow this  
blandishment

'Friends' can fuck off

Ross is clearly hilarious and Friends itself blatantly better than a lot of things which are of course, shit.

;)

Are you truly being serious?

Seinfeld and the Larry Sanders shows are excellent US comedy programmes. Friends I will re-iterate is bland pap. Fucking bland pap at that as well!

The last episode of Seinfeld was absolute shit. So was the last episode of Roseanne and, yes, so was the last episode of Friends. Seinfeld kind of lost it the last couple of seasons but it used to be great. Shame the BBc had to tuck it away at such a stupid timeslot.

The last episode of Seinfeld was absolute shit.

Most people completely missed the point and failed to notice that it returned in a complete circle to the first episode. It's excellent.

Most people completely missed the point and failed to notice that it returned in a complete circle to the first episode. It's excellent.

Nope. Just because the last line was the same as the very first doesn't mean it 'returned in a complete circle'. It was a farcicle attempt to shoe horn as many guest stars into 20 minutes as they could possibly manage and, really for no good reason except to remind people how good it used to be and how poor the last episode really was.

Seinfeld final episode > Friends final episode

seinfeldfinale.jpg

TRUFAX!

I can't for the life of me see how a series could end in a better way.

I really doubt the man that turned down a million dollars per episode would cheapen his last script by using it as an excuse to bring in a few celebrities.

It was witty, unpredictable and stayed true to the pessimism of every other episode.

I can't for the life of me see how a series could end in a better way.

Lalalala... The Office....

I really doubt the man that turned down a million dollars per episode would cheapen his last script by using it as an excuse to bring in a few celebrities.

They weren't really 'celebrities' just a load of pointless unfunny cameos of characters from previous episodes. The whole court thing was just an unimaginative means to an end.

As much as I loved Seinfeld, the final episode was absolutely hopeless.

This is correct. Or 'Trufax' if you're the type of person who continually likes to post it, regardless of how unfunny it is.

The last episode of The Office was as predictable as the last episode of Friends. You didn't even need to watch it to know what happened.

I guess since you know the sun will rise tommorow, there's no point in waking up.

Nice metaphor..shame about my point. ;)

The last episode of The Office was as predictable as the last episode of Friends. You didn't even need to watch it to know what happened.

Yes you did. I for one was genuinely surprised when Dawn came back for Tim. And when Brent got a woman and when he told Finch to fuck off. OK, when I started watching the last episode of Seinfeld I didn't think they'd end up in prison. But as soon as they went to court I did. And I don't think I laughed once through the whole episode. It was worth seeing all the cameos if you're a fan but it wasn't funny.

Like when Rachel and Ross have their first date, and they're lying in the planetarium under the stars, and suddenly this massive fucking booming voice goes "BILLIONS OF YEARS AGO!" It's FUNNY, okay.

I don't get it.

Yeah. Telly isn't meant to be super serious intelligent fest all the time.

...which is why we all love Bottom and The Young Ones.

One bad thing about the early episodes of friends, is the picture quality, it's shocking.

Chandler: "Hey, I can handle it, in fact, handle is my middle name....well actually it's the middle of my first name"

C'mon, that's funny!

One bad thing about the early episodes of friends, is the picture quality, it's shocking.

Chandler: "Hey, I can handle it, in fact, handle is my middle name....well actually it's the middle of my first name"

C'mon, that's funny!

Thats a witty comment, but these have been lacking in the last few series.

Ross getting the fake tan was a low point in all the series of friends. Nobody is that dense, maybe Phoebe but not Ross

Yeah that quote is pretty early on, same series Ross and Rachel split up after the 'break'.

I agree about the later ones, I think I stopped watching at about series 6-ish.