rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
blandishment

'Friends' can fuck off

Good riddance to gag-factory-I-wouldn't-know-pathos-if-it-rammed-me-up-the-anus rubbish. Shallow characters, contrived relationships, smug self-satisfied acting and the dissemination of the American dellusion that hanging out in coffee shops and aspiring to become a cog in an unthinking, unsympathetic capitalist machine is something to be proud of. No wonder Americans are incapable of seeing beyond their own borders.

yeah, you guys suck. if it's not for you, fair enough, but to call such a long running and popular tv show bland is just ignorant.

Long running and popular shows can still be utterly bland.

As Friends show :(

you may be right but i can't think of a show with such long running, worldwide popularity as friends that has been bland. it's subjective to a certain degree of course but right off the top of my head cheers (and frasier), mash, seinfeld and the simpsons have all been superb. if you want examples of genuinely bland tv shows that have enjoyed just as much hype as friends (and most of which would probably never been made if it weren't for friends) but never made it simply because of their lack of quality, take a look at the cable tv guide.

personally, i find the idea that friends could stand alone in this regard and be so succesfull over its contmporarys for absolutely no reason what so ever a little absurd.

you may be right but i can't think of a show with such long running, worldwide popularity as friends that has been bland. it's subjective to a certain degree of course but right off the top of my head cheers (and frasier), mash, seinfeld and the simpsons have all been superb. if you want examples of genuinely bland tv shows that have enjoyed just as much hype as friends (and most of which would probably never been made if it weren't for friends) but never made it simply because of their lack of quality, take a look at the cable tv guide.

personally, i find the idea that friends could stand alone in this regard and be so succesfull over its contmporarys for absolutely no reason what so ever a little absurd.

The writers' inability to take any risks whatsoever was its worst feature. You can't say that for any of the other shows you mentioned.

The way the Ross - Rachel thing worked out was a HUGE cop out and i was gutted. The rest was ok, but Friends is still good

Who are these people?, why have I not watched this in ten years?, why is it put on channel 4 24 hours a day seven days a week especially at weekends?

It's fucking crap. :(

Rachel should have died in childbirth and Joey and Chandler should have been caught buggering eachother by Monica.

Well, that would have made things slightly more interesting.

Rachel should have died in childbirth and Joey and Chandler should have been caught buggering eachother by Monica.

I think that says more about you than Friends.

God. You miserable, hate-filled cunts. It's alright. It's enjoyed popularity for ten years because it's so cheerful and optimistic.

At one point, it was even funny. See for examples: the one with Ross's monkey and the zoo conspiracy.

At one point, it was even funny. See for examples: the one with Ross's monkey and the zoo conspiracy.

Ross is very very funny.

This is a Stone Cold Steve Austin fact.

I didn't understand why they stopped writing jokes for the last 4 seasons.

I watched last nights episode, not a joke in sight, seriously.

It started off well in my opinion (the show, not last nights)

I actually like being called a hate filled cunt, if friends is happy go lucky lifes a bundle of joy then I'll have one large kick in the nads instead.

I actually like being called a hate filled cunt

evil.jpg

someone not watching friends, last night

It's truly a show for people who have friends who aren't really friends, and dream about the kind of life where everyone lives in an incestuous, "lets have a group hug" kind of way. I feel sorry for fans of Friends, I really do. And GUYS like it? I thought it was mainly sad single women in their thirties?

oprah.jpg

"I like it!"

R.

Good riddance to gag-factory-I-wouldn't-know-pathos-if-it-rammed-me-up-the-anus rubbish. Shallow characters, contrived relationships, smug self-satisfied acting and the dissemination of the American dellusion that hanging out in coffee shops and aspiring to become a cog in an unthinking, unsympathetic capitalist machine is something to be proud of. No wonder Americans are incapable of seeing beyond their own borders.

Not a fan then?

Try posting in the right forum next time.