IGNORED

Good PC RPGS?

alan cummings

Planescape is stunning.

But you couldn't call it under-rated - it's in the top two* PC RPG list of just about everyone who's ever played it.

* There are some idiots who like console style "RPG"s.

Not if he likes a decent storyline, Ed.

NOT IF HE LIKES A DECENT STORYLINE!!!!

R.

But... but... how can you say that?

Xenogears has the most stunning storyline in the history of gaming.

(It also has the most cack-handed translation and handling of said story, but... you can look past that...)

Anyway, come Xenosaga Episode 5 it'll all be redone, and Namco's Episode 1 translation is nothing short of stunning...

Treasures of the savage frontier: I played loads of these old d&d adventures, back in the old days. i was really looking for something up to date. or is this a new one? i remember gateway to the savage frontier.

Na it's the old one, but it rocks seriously ^_^

What about that Divine Divinity? Isn't that meant to be ok?

Sacrifice is good too in a Diablo2 / Baldurs Gate kind of way.

I really like Vampire: The Masquerade too

Oh and adding to my MMOG comments above, if it's your first time or you have limited playtime / patience then City of Heros is ideal.

Sacrifice is good too in a Diablo2 / Baldurs Gate kind of way.

I really like Vampire: The Masquerade too

Sacrifice? Surely you must mean Sacred. As far a I remember, Sacrifice was a strategy game with RPG elements, maybe like Spellforce light...

morrowind- played for about 20 hours, got pissed off with the "sameyness" of the graphics and locations- does it get any more diverse?

Try adding on a kerzillion mods to it to increase the visuals up a bit. It's weirdo modular design is one of its more interesting points.

Otherwise, since you haven't played it, get Planescape Torment. It's Fantasy, but in the mad Gormenghast/China De Mielle sort of way rather than fucking orcs and fucking elves. The hyperbole from elsewhere in this thread is entirely accurate.

KG

Can't believe I forgot to mention the best PC RPG ever!!! German developed Gothic, and recently Gothic 2 are the best RPGs ever run on the PC ever. Huge gamingworld, great graphics, involving story, memorable NPCs, lots of things to do, atmospheric and in every sense just plain great! Unmissable and unforgettable!

Look at screenshots over at http://www.piranha-bytes.com/gothic2/conte...screenshots.php for screenshots!

Xenogears has the most stunning storyline in the history of gaming.

(It also has the most cack-handed translation and handling of said story, but... you can look past that...)

But... you can't look past that. The original may have been a masterpiece of storytelling, but the western translation is a confusing mess - and that's what counts. Also, the mech-ah combat is crap.

And anyway, Vagrant Story is loads better (and has possibly the finest translation evar), so nyer nyer :huh:

Jamie - get epsxe and play Vagrant Story!

Baldur's Gate 2 is about 20 zillion billion times better than never winter nights

But thats just the original campaign youre talking about there right ? theres about 20 zillion billion ones to download, not to mention the community packs etc.

But thats just the original campaign youre talking about there right ? theres about 20 zillion billion ones to download, not to mention the community packs etc.

what i mean is that baldur's gate gives you direct control over each party member, NVN you have one side that you semi control. It lacks the strategy of fighting in BG2 i think. Plus I think BG2 looks alot more "charming" the backgrounds are lovely but nvn is very "pc 3d sterile". Also you have to deal with a camera in NVN.