IGNORED

Tonight's coronation street

No Control

But you get nowhere swinging your fists at Gail, because she's made of rubber. Eileen might have a chance if she can somehow lure Gail into a car and then drive it into the canal, but there might be a 'fool me twice, shame on me' element at play there.

I think the way to deal with Gail would be to whack her in the face with a shovel, which probably wouldn't harm her but would hopefully buy you enough time to douse her in oil (from Kevin's garage) and set her alight. Keep her at bay with sticks until she falls over, and then - crucially - decapitate her. But be ready for the rest of the Sea Devils to invade when they hear about it.

So yeah, it could be a good episode, you never know.

But you get nowhere swinging your fists at Gail, because she's made of rubber. Eileen might have a chance if she can somehow lure Gail into a car and then drive it into the canal, but there might be a 'fool me twice, shame on me' element at play there.

I think the way to deal with Gail would be to whack her in the face with a shovel, which probably wouldn't harm her but would hopefully buy you enough time to douse her in oil (from Kevin's garage) and set her alight. Keep her at bay with sticks until she falls over, and then - crucially - decapitate her. But be ready for the rest of the Sea Devils to invade when they hear about it.

So yeah, it could be a good episode, you never know.

You missed the ritual disembowelling during which you have to promise your soul to Satan so that he doesn't get too angry at the removal of his most faithful servant.

Actually, I was completely off target there. The way to deal with Gail is to stock up on blue orbs well in advance (the quickest way is to fight Rita Sullivan a few times, as she always drops one or two when her shield breaks - just be sure to flee the battle before she dies) and make sure you have some kind of fire-based weapon. Then knock on her door and run into the middle of the street, drawing her out into the open. The first thing she'll do is cast haste on herself, and then she'll try to cast silence on you. Don't waste your time trying to avoid this, as Gail can easily be beaten without using magic. Let her cast the silence and you should be able to get in a good physical attack while she recovers. Then it's just a matter of circle strafing to avoid her tentacle attacks, blocking when she runs in with a claw swipe, and then counter-attacking as soon as her attack is blocked. You can knock her down easily enough, but don't be tempted to run in for a follow-up attack as she will ALWAYS grab you for at least 33% damage. Use the time she's down to heal yourself if necessary and perhaps throw a grenade if there's nothing else to do.

Eventually she'll resort to her true form and lash out with a VERY powerful tongue attack. Sidestep this, switch to first person and aim whatever projectile weapon you have (crossbow is best) at her eye (she'll just have the one in this form). Repeat as necessary and watch out for claw swipes and DON'T let her blood touch you - always jump it. Eventually she'll become a skeleton with exploding bones. Hit her with Ken Barlow's Hammer (you must have discovered that to get out of the cellar in the Rover's Return) and it's all over! Norris will run out of the Kabin and give you Percy's Key. You should save at this point.

Sarah Lou called Todd 'bent'. Classy. And the best line of the night ?

Todd: Don't walk out on me.

Sarah: What are you gonna do ? Hit me with your handbag ?

Not quite "Norman Bates with a briefcase", but fucking close.