IGNORED

Started but never finished...

Rushy

With the life consuming game which is FFXI, I've been thinking just how little I play other games, which also got me thinking of how many games I'v got sat on the shelf which haven't been played through or even started for that matter.

So what games did you start playing through but either never had the motivation to finish, or something better came along. Here is my list:

FFIX

FFX

Vagrant story

T.H.U.G

MGS: Twin Snakes

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (start this 3 times now :blink:)

Resident Evil 0

Otogi

Xenogears

Einhander

R-type Final

Contra:SS

GTA: Vice City

Ratchet and Clank 1

Daytona (DC)

Space Channel 5: 2

Psyvariar 2

Flipnic

Far Cry

UT2004

Steel Battalion

Mad Maestro

Mario & Luigi

SOS: The final escape

Project Zero

Boktai

Super Mario advance 4

Viewtiful Joe

Mario Golf

Top Spin

Amped 1/2

Robot on wheels

Eternal Darkness

Hitman 2

Black & White

Headhunter

Golden Sun

And here are the games which I haven't even touched yet:

Jak2

Ratchet and Clank 2

Manhunt

Magical Pengal

FF:CC

Castlevania LOI

Ridge Racer V

FFX-2

Phantom Crash

Mark of Kri

Deus Ex 2

Pain killer

Hitman Contracts

Battlefield: Vietnam

Battle engine aquila

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Hidden & Dangerous 2

FF Tactics

FF Tactics Advance

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 3

Onimusha 2

Shenmue 2

Skies of Arcadia

Dropship

Soul Reaver 2

Suikoden

Suikoden 2

Suikoden 3

Disgaea

Pokemon ruby/saphire

Phantasy Star collection

Paper Mario

Alien Resurrection

GTA2

Colony Wars: Vengance

Tenchu 1/2

Chrono Cross

Messiah

Sacrifice

Gregory Horror show

Kingdom Hearts

Transformers

Klonoa 2

Socom

I'm sure there are many many more, but these are the only one I can remember off the top of my head. I'll update it when I get home and look at my shelves. I should hate myself I know.....I need more time!!!!!!

Whoa, that's bigger than mine!

Ok - unfinished, only going back as far as the PSOne.

Jet Set Radio Future

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Super Mario Sunshine

Colin McRae Rally 2.0

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

Resident Evil

Wip3out: SE

Alien Resurrection

Ape Escape

G-Police

Colony Wars - Vengeance

Lemmings

GTA2

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Mario and Luigi

Wario Ware

Halo

Operation Flashpoint

X-Com: Apocalypse

Not yet started...

Ghost Recon

Thief 2

Rayman 2

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

Metroid Prime

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Zelda: Wind Waker

Splinter Cell

Eternal Darkness

oooh, I've a lot of work ahead.

crikey!

er, Grandia 2

erm..

Evil Dead, which I took back straight away it was so shit.

uh...

I think that's it (apart from some older emulated games)

You need to stop buying games boyo.

EDIT- Thief 2

and never touched Kingdom O Magic, cause I haven't got a crap enough PC.

I don't understand how you never touch games once you've bought them. Do you not want to play a new game as soon as possible?

I used to be crap but Squirtle's "Finish those games" initiative got me on the straight and narrow. I must have finished about ten games so far this year and acknowledged that about another 5 were rubbish and have put them on eBay. At the moment I probably have about 7 games across all formats that are unfinished and only two (Splinter Cell: PT and The Twin Snakes) that are still in their shrink-wrap. There aren't that many games coming up in the short term that excite me so I should be able to get into good shape before the October to December rush.

The only potential problem is that XBOX live has meant I have been playing a lot of games like Top Spin and EIS.

But when 3 or 4 new games come at the same time, some just get left by the wayside :blink:

You don't have to buy them.Since FFXI arrived i haven't bought any new games (Apart from Ninja gaiden which i had on order for ages), And i don't intend to buy any more for quite a while.

Of all the games I have that I would like to finish, Gregory Horror Show is one I really want to get done. However, I just don't seem to get it for some reason. Whenever I put it in the console and start playing, I just sit there wondering what to do. It isn't really obvious what to do next. I need to get me head in to the Gregory Horror Show way of thinking I think. ho hum. It'd be a nice, easy, one to tick off the list too.

Your right I don't HAVE to, but I do :blink:

Don't worry I will get round to them, but with only 5hrs of sleep a night at the moment due to the amount of gaming hours i'm playing I can't really commit any more time (FFXI, RC2, RE0, FC etc... I am playing too many games atm)

The worrying thing is evertime someone posts a game they haven't finished I think shiiiit, I haven't done that either ;)

Your right I don't HAVE to, but I do :blink:

Don't worry I will get round to them, but with only 5hrs of sleep a night at the moment due to the amount of gaming hours i'm playing I can't really commit any more time (FFXI, RC2, RE0, FC etc... I am playing too many games atm)

The worrying thing is evertime someone posts a game they haven't finished I think shiiiit, I haven't done that either ;)

Don't kid yourself mate, you'll never finish the vast majority of those games. I've been saying the same thing as you about Code Veronica and a bunch of other games for years, but the chances of me touching them again, let alone finishing them, are zilch.

Ahh, but I was in a similar situation with my PS1 games. I had almost 100 PS1 games which I had to complete, and within 4 months I had completed 75 of them, and now I've done about 90. I ALWAYS get them done, but it just a case of catching up (well maybe not all those dam huge RPG's though :blink: )

Problem is though atm I'm working 50+ hrs a week which is really hurting my play time ;)

Metroid Prime

BG&E

Billy Hatcher

Freedom Fighters

Kingdom Hearts

ICO

Jak and Daxter

Headhunter (how do you perform a stealth kill on the PS2 version?)

Broken Sword 3

That is my PS2 and GC list. So what I am doing at the minute? Replaying Super Mario Sunshine.

I really can't think of one. Though I haven't completed every game the way I want to. Viewtiful Joe in Adults Mode for example. I'm trying this at the moment but The Magnificent Five are giving me hell. Ikaruga in Hard Mode is another one.

Games i've started but not finished:

Zelda: Wind Waker

Resident Evil (GC)

Ico

Splinter Cell (Xbox)

Ikaruga

Metroid Prime

Colin McCrae 4

Warcraft 3

Golden Sun 2

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Billy Hatcher

Breath of Fire (GBA)

& Loads of Ps1 games

Games I haven't touched yet:

Harvest Moon (GC)

Pikmin

Skies of Arcadia (DC)

Grandia 2 (PS2)

Zelda: Majoras Mask (N64)

Ghost Recon (Xbox)

Shenmue

Vagrant Story

Breath of Fire 4

Alundra

Jet Force Gemini

Final Fantasy 6 (PS1)

Lords of the Rings: Two Towers (X-Box)

Worms 3D

Resident Evil: Code V (DC)

& More that i can't remember.

God, thats appalling.

To be honest, the sheer amount of money wasted there is rather shocking. Not really impressed I'm afraid.

Well everyone is welcome to come round to my house and play freely on them. That way they aren't being wasted right?

Can't be more than a grand worth of games there, that could be a two week holiday in the sun which turned out to be a holiday from hell. I could think of other worse ways of wasting money like gambling :rolleyes:

Can't be more than a grand worth of games there, that could be a two week holiday in the sun which turned out to be a holiday from hell. I could think of other worse ways of wasting money like gambling :rolleyes:

On the other hand, if you gambled successfully you could have eight times as many unplayed games to look forward to.

A lot of the games i've bought have been second hand/bargain bin material. So financially its been affordable. Its still a waste though.

Maybe i should just cut and paste my list into the trading folder... I can't see myself completing all those in the next 6 months.

I've got lots of games that I've never completed and never will. It's the nature of certain genres (RPG and adventure games mainly) - there are loads of people telling you how much they enjoyed game x and how everyone should play it so you of course get it. But people only enjoy these games because they put so much time into them at a point when they usually haven't played many other games like it, so of course I (having played a load of RPGs in my time) am going to get bored 3 hours in.