IGNORED

The Sopranos

Laine

Its easily the best show ever, I'm rewatching the first three seasons with Mrs. Sideshow at the moment. Shes never seen it before either. Every episode is so well constructed, scripted and acted, pure genius. I like that I can relate a little to Tony and his relationships and frustrations. I love that I both like him, and I hate him for being such an evil bastard at the same time.

I hope they have the balls to either kill him or reduce him to nothing in the final episodes, because it is what he deserves.

The first three dvd boxsets are half price at Amazon.co.uk

Where you been hiding??

Nice avatar! B)

being self-employed no one pays me to browse the forum anymore :D

Pine Barrens is up there as one of the best. And Buscemi is in the final series as a cousin of Tonys.

Too many quality plot strands to mention though. So i won't, and it would ruin it for Soprano virgins. Quality of the writing & acting though is just stunning.

I have to say that for me the Sopranos suffers from HBO syndrome, where the first episode or two is awesome, but then quickly falls off into tiresome repetitive angsty dawson's creek esque but with drugs!! violence!!! swearing!!!! so it must be extra cool.

See also Six Feet Under. Initially great. Quickly becoming utter utter tat.

if you want more in-depth discussion or info on any sopranos stuff you could try looking here:

http://p196.ezboard.com/bsopranolandforum

I just found it today and spent like 2 hours reading loads of stuff. especially about what people think will happen at the end of the series (5x13 is the last episode, to be shown in 2 weeks time).

Warning - lots of spoilers obviously as its a US site.

So, just watched the very first episode of The Sopranos (Thanks to Alan Stock for lending it to me, and thanks Wintermute for making me watch it).

Never seen any of it, it never really appealed to me, but I really liked it.

Obviously I don't see why it's supposed to be the best thing ever yet, but I'm definately looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

It does have one major flaw, I cannot bear Italian American accents. :D

Like nails down a blackboard to me.

What do you guys think?

Thats not Italian American, thats New Jersey. Everyone sounds like that.

roadkill is wrong.

The seasons are scattered with stunning stand out episodes and scenes (eg. S5E9 - Unidentified Black Males, for a case in point).

---

I *think* there's meant to be a series six. And then that's it.

yeah I didn't mean series 5 is the last ever ever.

5x13 is the last episode of series 5, but there will be a series 6, which will be the last series.

But they won't start filming for another year apparently, and it won't be shown here for another year after that.... :rolleyes:

yeah I didn't mean series 5 is the last ever ever.

5x13 is the last episode of series 5, but there will be a series 6, which will be the last series.

But they won't start filming for another year apparently, and it won't be shown here for another year after that.... :P

wtf? originally there was suposed to be 4 series, and then that got extended to 5, and now their doing a sixth?

Yay <_< more sopranos goodness in the future then.

wtf? originally there was suposed to be 4 series, and then that got extended to 5, and now their doing a sixth?

Yay :( more sopranos goodness in the future then.

Apparently season 6 will only be 10 episodes, 1-5 have been 13.

I'm still watching S3 (I bought both 3 and 4 on DVD t'other day). It's great!

"You tell me to take a crap on the deck of the Queen Mary, an hour later they're hosing it down with disinfectant."