Muse

elmo

Agreed. Have you got any of their b-sides and rarities? They show you the band's full range and how good Matt Bellamy is on the guitar and piano.

nope! the reson for this post is that i have JUST got into them... thats if you can really call it a post!

i bought absolution last wekk and today bought origin of symmetry and am loving it, how did this band slip past me?

I have no idea ;) they're pretty high profile but only ever appear on M2, in NME & Q and on Mac adverts :o but seriously, their first album Showbiz has the least prog rock keyboards and most riffage so that's essential too, standout tracks are Sunburn (everybody's heard that) Muscle Museum, Unintended and Uno.. oh and Cave and Hate This and I'll Love You. Pretty much the whole album then.

His extremely loud inhaling is rather offputting.

One of their singles ("Time Is Running Out"?) sounded like a bad remix on the radio due to the annoying noise at the end of every line.

Make sure you try not to notice it though - once you do, you're fucked.

Agreed. Have you got any of their b-sides and rarities? They show you the band's full range and how good Matt Bellamy is on the guitar and piano.

I saw an interview with Matt once, and he said that he doesn't know how to play the piano, he just plays it by memory and that everytime he plays it, it's slightly different,

His extremely loud inhaling is rather offputting.

One of their singles ("Time Is Running Out"?) sounded like a bad remix on the radio due to the annoying noise at the end of every line.

Make sure you try not to notice it though - once you do, you're fucked.

because people like you bring it to their attention? ;) I think that it's become a part of the instrument that is his voice now, somehow he makes that work.

Absolution is the right idea and some of the tracks are stunning. I enjoy the full blown ott muse but ultimately i just enjoy the other 2 albums more track for track. I want to see them take a new direction in ott, absoultion seems like origin of symmetry pushed to its limits.

Saw these guys live, unintentionally. If I hadn't paid £15 to see one band, and got Muse as a 'bonus' [;)] I may have complained hard.

Bellamy guitar wanked for 15 minutes straight. The queue for the bog wasn't as long all night.

The band themselves have some tops tunage, but it all falls apart when they enter the OTT-egotistical-lets-try-to-be-Radiohead-territory. Showbiz just pure comedy.

Thanks to the tides of hype for the last album, where my comments would have once been read and taken into consideration, they will be mocked and spat on by the hypeproofed 'fans' :o

but it all falls apart when they enter the OTT-egotistical-lets-try-to-be-Radiohead-territory.

Not one song is anything like Radiohead at all.

Actually, the nearest I got was there's a point in the song Showbiz where Matt's pitch is IDENTICAL of that to Thom Yorke's in Creep.

But I don't really want to talk about it.

My friend loves them and took me to one of their shows at Wembley. It was a pretty incredible atmosphere, but their gigs feel a bit pre-packaged; they apparently finish with the same crowd pleasing three singles, played in the same order, every time, complete with lots of black balloons. It was good, though, even though I don't like them!

Y'know, I never saw it myself either untill yesterday when I thought for about a second that we were listening to radiohead in a mates car then realised it was muse.  There is a similarity.

high.gif

fyve.gif

Neb/Rin is in denial it seems.

I don't really listen to Muse and I used to be a big Radiohead fan. I could never see the similarity and assumed it was just mass subscription to the NME's lazy journalism. They tend to brand any English rock band Radiohead imitators.

They tend to brand any English rock band Radiohead imitators.

Yeah, no English bands have ever heard of Radiohead, nevermind source them as inspiration! You're right!

Muse's worse tracks sound like really bad Radiohead though, that's my jibe. And I still have nightmares abour that guitar wanking. Oh, and the whole Neb-u-Rin breaking out of prison and taking me to his secret lab for experiments thing. But mostly the guitar wanking.

Yeah, no English bands have ever heard of Radiohead, nevermind source them as inspiration! You're right!

What the fuck are you talking about? Every director in the world has heard of Martin Scorsese. That doesn't make them all Martin Scorsese imitators.

What the fuck are you talking about? Every director in the world has heard of Martin Scorsese. That doesn't make them all Martin Scorsese imitators.

Films and music are the exact same thing now? Maybe film critics aren't as lazy! It's far easier to see and point out a sound-a-like in 3 minutes of fleeting audio than across the broader landscape of a film.

These 'lazy' journomolists clearly belong to the 'lets piss off Radiohead fan boys by saying this band sound like them' secret journo club though, and they do fine work by the looks of things!

Oh, and big Radiohead fan to this? :lol:

I like some of their tracks (Plug In Baby, Hysteria, New Born, mainly the singles) but the wailing Radiohead style vocals get on my nerves after a while.

The live show they repeatedly show on MTV2 is fantastic though.

I can't listen to muse and not hear the fact they want to be radiohead badly. But that isn't really a bad thing though.

If they want to be Radiohead badly then why are they doing monster riffs, long piano lines, moshing choruses and sometimes operatic vocal lines? That's not really trying to be Radiohead is it? If anything, the vocals are more like Buckley than Yorke.

All Matt does is whinge. Whinge, whinge, fucking whinge. I'd actually like the band with a different vocalist, one who didn't sound like he was breathing all over the mike.

There's no lightness about them, they're too serious.