IGNORED

No Way

connerfitzgerald

Shamelessly stolen from Slashdot Games:

Nintendo's Iwata Talks European Neglect, DS Origins

Thanks to Kikizo for its transcript of an interview with Nintendo's president Satoru Iwata, When asked, Iwata "apologise to the fans of Nintendo products in Europe" over repeated delays, presumably including games such as Animal Crossing, finally out this September in Europe, mentioning "we are now putting our energies so that the European version of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes will be launched in Europe by the end of this year, at the sacrifice of the Japanese launch by the end of this year." He also discusses the origin of the Nintendo DS, "Talking specifically about the DS, [legendary 76-year old Nintendo president Hiroshi] Yamauchi specifically hit upon the idea, and proposed, 'Why not have the two screens?'"

Amazing, I'm truly amazed. Perhaps Ninty have realised they are gonna need all the customers they can get.

Makes sense really seeing as Metroid Prime sold precisely fuck all in Japan. LOL at the Yamuchi story, I bet he went to the lab one day and told them to create a gameboy with 2 screens. "Do it" he said before taking off for the weekend...

Didn't realise that AC was going to eventually come out here. The irony being that it's probably going to sell the square root of fuck all now. Everyone who knows about it and wants it has already imported it, played it and probably got tired of it and put it away.

So the more casual players aren't going to see the more dedicated ones playing it, so they probably won't pick it up either. What a terrible shame. I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

I've not even played AC and I'm not completely sure I'll get it on PAL. What's the point when all the trading etc. has died down?

To be honest I say wait for the DS incarnation if you haven't played it yet.

Much as I love it it'll be miles better on a handheld.

yeah ill definatly buy a portable version of animal crossing. I have always thought it should have been a GBA game and not a GC game, its one of those games you really only play for a bit a day - plus if your out then you miss all the events etc.

Shamelessly stolen from Slashdot Games:

Amazing, I'm truly amazed. Perhaps Ninty have realised they are gonna need all the customers they can get.

Fuck.

That only gives me 7 months to get past the bloody rock bloke in the original!

I've had the game since launch...

;)

Right, excellent. Nintendo release a game here first that is likely to sell poorly in Japan. It obviously loves us.

Not exactly releasing the DS first here, though, are they?

It's a start though. I for one, welcome the decision.

Fuck.

That only gives me 7 months to get past the bloody rock bloke in the original!

I've had the game since launch...

:)

That the pile of rocks in a snowy area that you have to use the heat visor on?

Becasue that's pretty early on is it not ;) I'm still stuck on the mines :wub:

I'm now close to the Omega Pirate thing I think. All in all I guess I'll have this game finished within the next 7 months, I reckon I'm at 80/90% now.

Uhh, how long have you had the game? I managed to complete to 80% level in 4 days.

Uhh, how long have you had the game? I managed to complete to 80% level in 4 days.

Since launch ;)

I play it in bursts though. Sometimes I get really into it and clear a big part, then I won't touch it for weeks or months. Brilliant game though, but it doesn't hold my attention like shorter, fasterpaced titles like Ico and Prince of Persia (which I completed for the second time in the last few days). Whenever something new comes up, Metroid Prime is pushed aside. Now that I've got less time to play and more games to play, I prefer shorter, sweeter experiences which I can clear in 10-15 hours.

Since launch :lol:

I play it in bursts though. Sometimes I get really into it and clear a big part, then I won't touch it for weeks or months. Brilliant game though, but it doesn't hold my attention like shorter, fasterpaced titles like Ico and Prince of Persia (which I completed for the second time in the last few days). Whenever something new comes up, Metroid Prime is pushed aside. Now that I've got less time to play and more games to play, I prefer shorter, sweeter experiences which I can clear in 10-15 hours.

.::: But you can complete Prime in 10-15 hours... :)