IGNORED

I Just Got XBox Live

biglime

Finally got Live and spent last night getting my arse handed to me by American 10 year olds who knew the Splinter Cell:PT maps back to front.

It was friendly, easy to use, and fucking brilliant.

I've got more games to try on it, PGR2, NHL, MechAssault and such. Can't wait.

Why is anybody down on this? It's quality.

R.

Is your Gamertag Legend?

Xbox Live is cracking though. I hardly ever played on my Xbox until I got Live, since then I always spend a couple of hours a week on it at least. Best gaming investment ever. Nintendo better get their arse in gear and come up with something of this standard.

No, my gamertag's Crimson King 19.

It's just so easy to find your mates in it. Me and a mate were taking on the Americans, and we just spent the whole game giggling at their accents and high-pitched voices.

R.

I play CounterStrike, PGR2, Steel Battalion:LOC and MotoGp on live and they're the best multiplayer experiences i've even known.

Live is great becuase I can relax on my sofa, have a few informal games with casual gamers, and talk to people on my computer at the same time (assuming i'm not on sb:loc)

Best thing to happen to gaming in a hell of a long time.

Yeah, it is great isn't it? I've been off it for nearly three months now due to travel and my subscription running out, but I can't wait to get SP:PT going. Roll on Burnout 3 and Halo 2 and I can't see myself having that much of a life anymore... :)

I can't wait for the release of Halo 2. It's going to be fucking heaving. Everyones going to be on it. I'd assume we'll be setting up a decent meet, like the Splinter Cell: PT Boot Camp. I love the early days of a new Live game, everybody learning the levels and techniques etc. It was sort of like that on PGR2 last night with the new Paris Tracks. Just people having a laugh and getting used to the tracks.

You mind if I add you Biglime? My tags Bojangle.

I'm tempted to start now that I'm finally finished in uni and need to get a 'career' (or something, apparently) so I should finally have some cash. Splinter Cell 2 was the main game to convince me of this, as the multiplayer does sound really cool.

I'm just a bit narked at having to pay extra for the subscription when I already pay 24.99 for my broadband.. and when I have rent/phone/food/bills/girlfriend to consider it all gets a bit expensive.

There arent really that many games on it that I'm interested in, though thinking about it, I only use my 600k for downloading m weekly anime and playing CS really..

Hmm what games are fun on Live (for you guys, that you maybe play together even, etc)? i've heard midtown madness is cool - but thats about it.

Oh and I'm not really fussed on 'downloadable' content (though obviously it can be useful), i'm mainly interested in mulitplayer

Had LisaSimpson45 already gone?!

Nope.

It was available. But I thought it would be a bit sad. And considering only five people have seen CV, I would have just looked like a SImpson fan or a paedophile.

Don't you like Crimson King 19?

R.

Nope.

It was available. But I thought it would be a bit sad. And considering only five people have seen CV, I would have just looked like a SImpson fan or a paedophile.

<g> fair comment.

Don't you like Crimson King 19?

Personally I tend to steer clear of names (for me) with numbered suffixes, but there you go. Is it a King Crimson reference? I didn't have you down as the prog-rock type, I have to say ;)

Congrats on getting yourself connected.

I can really recommend `Crimson Skies`. I've spent hours online playing that game.

The nice thing about it is that games can only last around 5 - 10 minutes, so if you're after a bit of twitch gaming to fill in a dull moment, then you won't go far wrong with this.

Most of the time I spend a good few hours in a row on this.

Rob

Personally I tend to steer clear of names (for me) with numbered suffixes, but there you go. Is it a King Crimson reference? I didn't have you down as the prog-rock type, I have to say ;)

.::: I assume it's an Otogi reference. :)

The Crimson King's the name of the uber-villain in Stephen King's Dark Tower books.

"All Hail The Crimson King!"

And in those books, 19 is a powerful, mystical number.

So it's a Stephen King thing. I love the fucker.

R.