IGNORED

Worst actor ever

kerraig UK

Keanu was very good in Rivers Edge.

I don't get the Tarantino=crap thing. Is he REALLY a bad actor is it just an easy, lazy criticism levelled at a director vain enough to cast himself? I've always enjoyed Tarantino's appearances. I even managed to watch part of an episode of Alias with him in it.

My Dad always moans about Richard Griffiths (the Dursleys Dad in Harry Potter) being the worst actor ever. And apparently he runs an acting school.

I get more annoyed by 'great' actors who are really terrible like Meryl Streep and ESPECIALLY Judi Dench. Dench is awful in everything you can just see her 'acting'.

I don't get the Tarantino=crap thing. Is he REALLY a bad actor is it just an easy, lazy criticism levelled at a director vain enough to cast himself? I've always enjoyed Tarantino's appearances.

I think you're right there, John. He's not the geatest actor in the world but he's certainly not unwatchable.

I'm going with the huge chunk of wood that is Orlando Bloom. He is useless personified.

I like Keanu but his acting isn't that great in certain movies.

Don Swayze and the other Estevez are really, really bad.

The Baldwin borther in the Usual suspects is the shitest actor I've ever seen.

Kate Winslett is on my list, though that is sporadic. It might be easier to pick worst performances as oppossed to worst performer.

As for Hugh Grant, you may not like his films (I hate most of them) but he certainly has good comic timing and delivery. I enjoyed his (slightly different) performance in "about a boy".

Hugh has to be one of the shittiest and most overrated actors to come out of the UK in living memory.

The only character he can play is the gibbering English twat, and that's only because he is like that in real life.

I will actually avoid seeing a film if it has him in it, such is my loathing for him.

Truly, truly awful!

Rob

The Baldwin borther in the Usual suspects is the shitest actor I've ever seen.

Kate Winslett is on my list, though that is sporadic. It might be easier to pick worst performances as oppossed to worst performer.

:rolleyes:

Kate Winslet is a fantastic actress. I also strongly disagree about Stephen Baldwin in the Usual Suspects. Not Academy Awards material but I've seen far worse. That girl in Godzilla for instance.

:rolleyes:

Kate Winslet is a fantastic actress. I also strongly disagree about Stephen Baldwin in the Usual Suspects. Not Academy Awards material but I've seen far worse. That girl in Godzilla for instance.

I was not suggesting he was shit in the Usual suspects - though to be fair, he wasn't the best of the bunch.

Kate Winslett in The LIfe of David Gale (which was my particular point) he so bad and over acting it almost makes we cry.

My Dad always moans about Richard Griffiths (the Dursleys Dad in Harry Potter) being the worst actor ever.  And apparently he runs an acting school.

Cobblers. Withnail and I? Sleepy Hollow? He's excellent.

Charlie Sheen's another choice from me. Simply awful. Starting to ruin Wall Street for me. Should get George Lucas to do the special edition so Hayden Christian can play his part instead.

Any rappers which are shoe horned into action films with either Jet Li or Steve Seagal. Ja Rule's performance in "Half Passed Dead" was easily the worst performance I have ever seen anyone give ever, made Steve look like Robert De Niro :rolleyes:

Oh and strike up another vote for fans of Keanu. He played Neo with enough heart to rival anything else I've ever seen. I hear he's a top bloke too.

Keanu Reeves, his being in a film is almost enough to stop me watching the movie.

As for the big name actors I really feel it's been an age since either De Niro or Pacino put in a decent performance. All Pacino does now is shout, while De Niro is an appauling comic actor.

I'm also not a fan of Tom Cruise, I'm not sure if it's his acting or not, but I find him to be highly annoying in almost every role he's played.

A waste of great talent from those two.

Oh, nearly forgot. Bloody Vin Diesel, my god how bad an actor is that guy?

I'm also not a fan of Tom Cruise, I'm not sure if it's his acting or not, but I find him to be highly annoying in almost every role he's played.

he's a great actor but you're not the first to dislike him purely for being himself.

His image as the all american boy is however used to great effect in Born on the Forth of July.

Accents are just stupid. Either speak normal English or don't speak at all. What's the point of having American actors play German soldiers who speak English with a German accent for example?

I don't agree with that myself.

I recently watch a war movie that was about Germans and the Russians in WW2 (can't remember the name), and the fact they all spoke with English/American accents went some way to ruining the setting of it all. I know the fact it was in English should be a spoiler to the setting, but it isn't for me, while watching a German and Soviet soldier talk in broad Yankee accents just sounded absurd.

he's a great actor but you're not the first to dislike him purely for being himself.

His image as the all american boy is however used to great effect in Born on the Forth of July.

As I say I don't think it's his acting, probably more that he gets cast in roles that don't seem right for him but as he is a bankable star he gets the lead role. I find it hard to believe the role he's playing in many films, due to poor casting as much as anything else.

TOM HANKS!

He's Tom Hanks in every film, has tried his best to get in "Safe" films (to win oscars), and needs to be slapped for the "Sleepless in Seattle" type gunf he does.

I only ever liked him in Big.

In addition Keanu was ace in Bill and Ted and the follow up, so he's above reproach. Also isn't he an action hero of sorts (Speed).

I don't agree with that myself.

I recently watch a war movie that was about Germans and the Russians in WW2 (can't remember the name), and the fact they all spoke with English/American accents went some way to ruining the setting of it all. I know the fact it was in English should be a spoiler to the setting, but it isn't for me, while watching a German and Soviet soldier talk in broad Yankee accents just sounded absurd.

He may be suggesting German actor's

As I say I don't think it's his acting, probably more that he gets cast in roles that don't seem right for him but as he is a bankable star he gets the lead role. I find it hard to believe the role he's playing in many films, due to poor casting as much as anything else.

I'm having trouble finding a role he was badly cast for?

It's challenging casting in some cases, but it tends to work. I haven't seen all his films though.

I think Cruise is actually very good, although it's unfortunate he didn't get rewarded for some of the braver roles he took earlier in his career, like in Rain Man and Born On The 4th. He seems to have settled for action hero stuff now.

I think Cruise is actually very good, although it's unfortunate he didn't get rewarded for some of the braver roles he took earlier in his career, like in Rain Man and Born On The 4th. He seems to have settled for action hero stuff now.

Vanilla Sky?

Magnolia?

Agreed - he is superb.

In interview with the vampire he is excellent, as he is in Jerry Maquire, and also in Minority Report, Magnolia and vanilla sky

Its when he does shite like MI:2 that he appears very very poor - but thats the script more than anything.

Tom Cruise

Edit: Ah I see he's already been mentioned:

Every role I've seen him in, he plays a complete twat, who cocks about doing whatever he likes, with fuck all regard to anyone else. Yet - you're supposed to like him.

Examples:

Cocktail

Rainman

Jerry Maguire

Vanilla Skys (I haven't actually seen this, but the character he plays from Open Your Eyes is a very standard Cruise character).

So, maybe he just always lands these roles - seems a bit of a coincidence though.