IGNORED

PGR2 Paris meetup thread

Unlighty

You know, the attitude of some players on PGR2 is really starting to piss me off. I'll use optimatch to find a game, and generally it'll be fine. But from time to time I'll get some real hostile players.

Tonight, I searched for a game in Paris, since it's one of my favs. 6 players, everyone picked the TVR 12 Speed Live except "AUTOSPORTS" who took an Enzo. Game starts, usual retarded pile up happens due to lack of TVR control. I avoid the carnage and slip thru. I think I do alright with the TVR, especially on Paris.

So racing on ahead some American girl/11 year old boy says "okay Firsty, next time I get near you expect to be rammed into the wall. Just because you bought a TVR doesn't mean you can drive it!!11!" The fucking cheek of it! Turns out this was "AUTOSPORTS." I was going to reply with a retort, except I thought a silent victory was more satisfying. And it was, and the dick left the game. Left some bad feedback for 'em and all ;).

What is it with these people? This person had a live rank of 26, so had obviously been playing a fair while. Are they REALLY that threatened that now people have access to cars that can keep up? What was more annoying was that everyone else in the room was low rank. Why was someone of such a high rank bothering to join a game hosted by a rank 3?

I find a lot of the US players are obsessed with proving how good they are. They like to think they're the best, and if anyone shows otherwise they ain't gonna be happy. Like it's a status symbol. Everyone else I race just wants a bit of fun, especially the Germans! Them crazy fuckers even make sound effects for cornering!

Amusingly, one yank got upset when I started speaking ill about the xbox controllers and ended up leaving the game, rofl.

Anywho, who's up for some more tomorrow night?

Anywho, who's up for some more tomorrow night?

I'll add you to my friends list, I got pissed off playing the yanks last night - I got booted for winning on Rallisport and PGR a few times, this was against people with a far higher Kudos ranking than me.

I get really bored of waiting for the losing players to finish when they perform endless 360's just before the finish line. The Kudos rank means fuck all and if you don't win at least have the grace to limp over the finish line and collect the points that you rightfully won. Waiting for the losers to rack up a few extra points really holds up the game, I wish you could boot people that take too long to finish that last section of the track after a certain time. Idiots.

The Kudos rank means fuck all and if you don't win at least have the grace to limp over the finish line and collect the points that you rightfully won. Waiting for the losers to rack up a few extra points really holds up the game, I wish you could boot people that take too long to finish that last section of the track after a certain time. Idiots.

I know what you mean. It isn't a perfect system and seems to reward those who've been playing a long time..having said that though, it's a better system than Toca 2's which gives you + and - minus points depending on your position.

Also, PGR2 does record how many podium finishes you've registered. You can usually tell the good players from this, rather than those who've just being playing a long time.

Someone in game was saying that a lot of the high kudos rank but can't drive for shit brigade just sit playing the short Sydney races all day, pulling duffnuts with their mates to rack up the Kudos.

I'm getting pissed off with players that are good in a room full of crap but then take the huff when you have a decent race against them. I ended up on some spanish game and was doing ok against the host, then just when i get in front the guy (host) uses me as a crashmatt on the barrier. Twice this happens, i get in front, he takes me out. So next time i flip him on a bend and i am labled "asshole". Buncha tinks!

Sligh xbox live dig: i wish you could stick your buddies in wee folders so that you could have a Rllmuk bunch, regular mates, work mates etc....

Someone in game was saying that a lot of the high kudos rank but can't drive for shit brigade just sit playing the short Sydney races all day, pulling duffnuts with their mates to rack up the Kudos.

Sligh xbox live dig: i wish you could stick your buddies in wee folders so that you could have a Rllmuk bunch, regular mates, work mates etc....

I can believe that, I was playing against people with stupidly high Kudos rankings last night who were pretty shit at driving - the same people that booted me for winning.

Does the XSN sports thing work like the system you suggested with folders? I haven't looked at it yet, maybe worth investigating for Rallisport?

Stories like these have put me off Live but my starter kit has just shipped from Amazon, so hopefully i'll be joining you lot very soon for soom FUN games online.

Although you hear negative accounts of games i do hear a lot of great tales of races etc. I hope i'm involved in more of latter. ;)

boybrown, don't be put off. Live is the bollocks. Hardly ever goes tits up (for me anyway) makes games last a hell of a lot longer (being playing PGR2 as SP and MP game for months now and still not sick of it).

As long as you get in with the right kinda people then its a great laugh. I have about 30 guys on my friends list at the moment and more or less 3 of them are on every night at some point.

Yeah had some great races and had some great nights just taking the piss out of each other. Just every so often you get some wanky wanky kid pissing you off or some right racist twats on. But 9/10 times its a good laugh.

Stories like these have put me off Live but my starter kit has just shipped from Amazon, so hopefully i'll be joining you lot very soon for soom FUN games online.

Although you hear negative accounts of games i do hear a lot of great tales of races etc. I hope i'm involved in more of latter. :o

Just add a few from this forum to your friends and you'll be fine.

It wont put me off. As i said my kit is whinging it's way to me as i type. I better get practicing on PGR 2 as i've only just started playing and i think i'll be trailling the pack for a long time. The bank holiday's coming up and i intend to utilise it. :huh:

I think I'll be on later tonight, but I also just bought Toca 2 which I'll take for a spin. So if anybody wants to show me the ropes on that one, I'd be most grateful.

I'm glad you people liked my Bukkake link :huh: I actually thought that everyone on the internet knew what it was. Oh, and cheers for the tubgirl hints. I had seen the pic in the past, but couldn't find it anymore. It's great to gross out my girlfriend :D

racing with youse guys has made me appreciate how shitty the AI is. I get wound up in single player but online i don't care where i come.

I'm actually starting to get really pissed off with single player due to the AI. Unfortunately if I want to unlock everything I have to play a lot more single player. Either that or play an insane amount of online just to get the kudos.

I'm actually starting to get really pissed off with single player due to the AI. Unfortunately if I want to unlock everything I have to play a lot more single player. Either that or play an insane amount of online just to get the kudos.

or hackshun replay :rolleyes:

well i've almost finished it with all golds and it's the combination of shockingly bad AI and the fact that their cars have the properties of a house. They are unmovable objects on the road who can spin you out and carry on in a second while you can't do it to them.

well i've almost finished it with all golds and it's the combination of shockingly bad AI and the fact that their cars have the properties of a house. They are unmovable objects on the road who can spin you out and carry on in a second while you can't do it to them.

I first ran through on all steels just for the hell of it. I'm now going through doing a minimum of silver on each track (with a fair few golds and the odd platinum) and that has to be the most annoying thing for me as well. I am fed up of being lightly touched at the back and then spinning wildly out of control.

it's always been the same thou... every racing sim ive played has been like this. The orginal TOCA game was a constant offender.

I'm doing the gold runs (bob) at the mo... it pisses me off that i break for courners and take racing lines yet these AI bastards just ram the back of me.... the only way i can beat it is to drive like a total cnut and take them out the first chance i get.

GT was bad for spinning you out on slow turns. The amount of times a racing Supra would just wig out and do a 180 skid on a slow turn used to really get on my tits.

...or maybe i was just uber shite then :)

I never really found it a problem until yesterday when I got onto American Muscle. It's a combination of REALLY awful cars and terribly dirty AI. It's like the American Muscle series events have had their AI reprogrammed to try and make you spin out as much as possible! I had to restart one race 9 times! Just because I kept getting fucked over on the first corner.

I never really found it a problem until yesterday when I got onto American Muscle. It's a combination of REALLY awful cars and terribly dirty AI. It's like the American Muscle series events have had their AI reprogrammed to try and make you spin out as much as possible! I had to restart one race 9 times! Just because I kept getting fucked over on the first corner.

Chicago chicago, my kinda town

Can we burn the fucker please? <_<

Wait till you try those 5 lap night races on Gold. Fucking hell..