Latest gamesTM scores

Swainy

Cacky - at least on NTSC you might get an audience who cares about how you're demonstrating your burn-all-bridges unprofessional attitude.

Since when did voicing concerns in the hope of improving standards equate to an "burn-all-bridges unprofessional attitude". I am doing this because I genuinely care.

Since when did voicing concerns in the hope of improving standards equate to an "burn-all-bridges unprofessional attitude". I am doing this because I genuinely care.

Oh, I don't know if you are really.

It kinda stinks of someone being told off, then running around saying it's unfair.

Whilst secretly aware that it's not a professional thing to do....

Hey, you go for it though. I'm enjoying the discussion thoroughly. I am under no illusions about what should or (more importantly) should not be said in a public forum such as this.

Especially if money was involved.

And you honestly think this is the best place and way to do it?

There really are no words...

Oh, I don't know if you are really.

It kinda stinks of someone being told off, then running around saying it's unfair.

Whilst secretly aware that it's not a professional thing to do....

Hey, you go for it though. I'm enjoying the discussion thoroughly. I am under no illusions about what should or (more importantly) should not be said in a public forum such as this.

Especially if money was involved.

Surely if money is involved you care more on the quality of your work, and that your employers value your input?

You also making pretty baseless assumptions on my character here.

It isn't. Voicing those concens is public IS.

Don't forget attempting to undermine your employer's professional integrity with no hard evidence* to back it up.

* Or even the faintest possibility of obtaining such hard evidence - as Strider said, you'd almost expect Cacky to score Armored Core:Nexus as a 9 - and so you'd almost certainly joke about it beforehand.

Was all this standing-up-for-whats-right-giving-it-to-the-man-warts-and-all-expose supposed to endear us to cacky? :rolleyes:

It might if any of his causes were worthwhile. Knocking a score down from 9 to 8 is not a big deal. Nor is mech vs mecha.

If they'd turned a good score into a bad score then PERHAPS he'd have something to crow about.

As it stands the game probably still got a higher score than it would have if a non-mecher had reviewed it.

Yes.

He assumed you could tell the difference between "professional" and "unprofessional" behaviour.

I can, professional behaviour is defending the integrity of whatever you work towards. Score capping, for any reason, undermines the integrity of a review.

Don't forget attempting to undermine your employer's professional integrity with no hard evidence* to back it up.

* Or even the faintest possibility of obtaining such hard evidence - as Strider said, you'd almost expect Cacky to score Armored Core:Nexus as a 9 - and so you'd almost certainly joke about it beforehand.

By that same logic I would have awarded Virtual On Marz a 9. I didn't. I also reviewed Katamri Damashii, and that is a completely different type of game than Armored Core Nexus. Your assumption that I am biased towards mecha games is pretty flawed really.

If you REALLY did care and you REALLY were told the score was capped, then why did you go ahead with the review and then wait till the mag was published to complain on here?

Sounds more like wounded pride than some sort of altruistic campaign.

It wasn't originally intended as a "complaint", more a calrification that I originally awarded Armored Core Nexus a 9. A thought the gamers/readers on rllmuk would be interested. Now that I have been accused of lying I feel more than obliged to defend myself accordingly.

Surely if money is involved you care more on the quality of your work, and that your employers value your input?

You also making pretty baseless assumptions on my character here.

Hey, I'm sure your character is fine and all, but if I had concerns over how my employer was treating me, or if I had a beef with them, I'd make damn certain I brought it up with them and just them.

Whether it's intended or not, talking about it on a forum makes it all come across as sour grapes.

As I said, it's all interesting stuff, but I'm not sure that this is the place to air the grievance.

Quote: Cacky:

(despite my detailed and thoroughly analytical responses).

This was a comedy moment wasn't it? You missed the smiley at the end of it...

And also: I don't think you listen. I've not once seen you moderate or reevaluate a position you've held or argument you uphold. (Look at Alex W for example as someone who... ahem, does on occasion). Armored Core nexus may be the next best thing and all that, but no game is worth the amount of crap thats been thrown all ways round over the past few days on the forum.

And me I second the motion that expresses our upset that MartTM and others don't feel able to come into the thread and join in the chat. It's their babyTM for a startTM. Someone go and drag them back in, by their toenails if neccesary, so we can all give them a TMhug or something.

In addition I'd like to propose a motion that the next possible issue of Edge that can should go out with two sets of content, one TM(not tm) editorial, one Cac editorial. I mean THAT would sell multiple copies. I'd buy both for a start. Then he'd get his hope to write for Edge, they'd sell double the copies and this forum would have potentially the longest slanging match thread in its entire history. EVERYONES happy.

It's thoughts like these that keep me warm at night. I should have been a UN negotiator. Blessed are the peacekeepers indeed :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm sure your character is fine and all, but if I had concerns over how my employer was treating me, or if I had a beef with them, I'd make damn certain I brought it up with them and just them.

Whether it's intended or not, talking about it on a forum makes it all come across as sour grapes.

As I said, it's all interesting stuff, but I'm not sure that this is the place to air the grievance.

I already tried talking to both Martin and Simon about this, but they dismissed it over the phone. Like I said, I didn't initially intend my original post as a "complaint", more a correction. However, I am beginning to form a grievance on the basis of their recent responses.

I've actually decided to miss Frank Skinner's Shane and carry on viewing this thread instead.

To be honest, that Iraqi beheading video is funnier than Shane, so don't feel bad about it.