IGNORED

Singstar.

PopeSmokesDope

.::: I'm still in doubt. With EyeToy I got it as soon as it was in the shops. But somehow singing as a loon sounds much more embarassing than moving about like a loon. ;)

Decisions, decisions...

First time I sang in front of people (our singer had to go home, and the bassist wanted us to play Mustang Sally, the utter sadist) was a nightmare. But after two or three times of no-one laughing, I realised it's pretty much the same as talking, laughing, or dancing. You're just letting people in a little bit, and it's really not that bad.

And you can be shit and still have fun. If you can vaguely sing along to a tune then on easy its quite forgiving and you'll have fun and it will say something complimentary about you. Unless you play it back without music, when the honking or squeaking noise you made may scare you a little and make small children cry. I imagine.

Unfortunately not... hopefully sony will do something about this in the next version or the addon disks... whatever they have planned I'd be surprised if they don't release something!

Cheers

Quexex

That's when I might buy it because [burt reynolds] ain't no waaaaaaaaaaaaay [/burt] i'm singing any of that shit. Mind you I might if I could rope Juria, Super_Quincy, DJ Mike and a few others into it too but it's never going to happen.

I'm already hoping for a CLASSIC ROCK™ \m/® edition.

The following songs (allowing for the fact that they're going to have to pick the most commercial songs), please...

Guns 'n' Roses – Welcome to the Jungle

The Ramones – Sheena Is A Punk Rocker

Mötley Crüe – Too Young To Fall In Love

Van Halen – Jump

Europe – Final Countdown

Iron Maiden – Run To The Hills

Slayer – Raining Blood

Metallica – Enter Sandman

What would you like to see (remember to allow for the commercial side...)?

They'd never let Welcome to the Jungle on it, surely? there's a big 'motherfucker' in the middle of it! Still, Sweet Child o' Mine could make and appearance. Anyway, in no order whatsoever...

Meatloaf (and Cher) - 'Dead Ringer for Love' would rock like HELL.

Bon Jovi - 'Living On A Prayer' would also be ACES.

Undertones - 'Teenage Kicks' would be BLISS.

for sheer fabulousness - 'Jet Boy Jet Girl' by The Damned. if you haven't heard it, get it now.

On the Pop front - just some Britters would be nice, I suppose...

The PS2 would blow up trying to figure out if you're in 'tune' on Pixies tracks though. It's extremely subjective. If SingStar is chromatic then surely they should have programmed a mode where you can pop in one of your own cds and it should be able to work out the pitch and the notes*

*a total technical lie

I think there should be a Parappa version!

Zat would be great. Did you know there's a fair amount of great Rodney Greenblat music (legally) available on his site right about here:

http://www.whimsyload.com/audio.html

?

Well worth a visit, especially the collaborations with a Powerpuff Girls writer. And also especially the complete Baby Sea Robot CD. So in fact, the whole lot.

I should be trying SingStar tonight. I would certainly buy it if they released some kind of Current 93 expansion disk, that would be the most fun imaginable. That or Shatner - trying to get the timing right on Rocket Man would be the equivalent of Nightmare difficulty.

,May 21 2004, 05:11 PM] I'm already hoping for a CLASSIC ROCK™ \m/® edition.

The following songs (allowing for the fact that they're going to have to pick the most commercial songs), please...

Van Halen – Jump

Europe – Final Countdown

Slayer – Raining Blood

Crazy Crazy Nights should be in there, surely? ;)

You're right about that Crazy Nights.

One question: HOW DO I GET IN THE FUCKING SHITE PACKAGING WITHOUT

A) cutting my hand open

B) Destroying the pack

C) Keeping the pack in a reusable state so I can put it away

What fucking retard thought of this?

Wow.

I got SingStar stuff with my purchase: a t-shirt, a wristband, a glow stick(!) and four badges. I am wearing my t-shirt, wristband and one badge as I type. No, really I am!

SingStar is ace. I am not ace at SingStar. I'm off to give my girlfriend her first experience of videogames now. Thank you, SingStar.

:-)

,May 21 2004, 06:11 PM] I'm already hoping for a CLASSIC ROCK™ \m/® edition.

Van Halen – Jump

Europe – Final Countdown

Slayer – Raining Blood

you should have included Highway to hell by ACDC.

play.com still haven't delivered my copy. ;)

' date='May 21 2004, 05:11 PM'] I'm already hoping for a CLASSIC ROCK™ \m/® edition.

Van Halen – Jump

Europe – Final Countdown

Slayer – Raining Blood

Smoke On The Water/Highway Star

War Pigs/Paranoid (given commercial song requirement)

Black Dog/Stairway!!

Peace Sells

Ace of Spades

Spirit of Radio (you know it!)

I love this, I love it! Eff off losers who are too "cool" for it, most fun ever!!!!

Listening to U-1 and Gloomy Andy murdering Daniel Beddingfield wasn't fu n though. Mind you, listening to my rendition of Pretty Woman, Just sang\Thank You, and owned. BUt only because U-1 belched, and just laughed the rest of the song. And, think ing about it, only half the tracks ( a couple mre maybe) or "pop shit"so there, ooops, my turn!!!!!!!!!

Listening to U-1 and Gloomy Andy murdering Daniel Beddingfield wasn't fun though.

I bet it fucking was!

:)

I can see you Wintermute. You should have come you git.

Can't have even battles without ya!

Haha. Gimme a chance to reply, eh?

I had a very important engagement as you know. Like drinking a lot and completely pwning everyone at pool.

I'll make a complete tit out of myself some other time.

I'm still laughing at Andy by the way. HAHA!!!