IGNORED

Singstar.

PopeSmokesDope

My problem with the packaging was opening in it such a way I wont be embarressed taking it back to GAME when my ten pound cheaper copy arrives from amazon :blink:

Could've saved a lot of trouble by buying it from Argos for 29.99 in the first place.

Don't you all find that Easy is just, well, FAR too forgiving of really appalling singing?

But that's the whole point of it. The game is made to not alienate anyone. Even the tone deaf. Easy is just what it says. Easy. I'm moving up to medium for Take on Me when I get home.

But that's the whole point of it. The game is made to not alienate anyone. Even the tone deaf. Easy is just what it says. Easy. I'm moving up to medium for Take on Me when I get home.

Because I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon, tell me how the level thing works. Does Easy just let you sing a little bit off tune, whilst Medium and hard make you sing absolutely bang on ?

Is there some sort of duet mode (apolgs for not reading the entire thread)

Easy lets you sing miles out of key.

Medium lets you sing a bit out of key (a semitone or maybe a tone).

Hard doesn't.

They all let you switch octaves at will.

There's a duet / battle mode in which two of you sing together (but singing the same line - there's no harmony involved) - spreading the embarrassment out a bit more widely.

Managed to get hold of this yesterday. ( after trying 3 stores - Tescos and Argos do not appear to have their stocks yet )

Believe me, this is the future of gaming. My family ( including my 3 year old daughter and 87 year old grandad ) were all having a go. This has never happened before ( forget eye toy ). This game will sell by bucket loads and will do something that a hundred Halos or Doom 3s could never do - get people who don't play games playing games.

If Sony can market this right ( strangely enough I haven't seen any advertising ) then this could be the 2nd biggest seller of the year after GTA San Andreas.

Scandalous is bloody hard to sing - there is no instrumental break at all - just constant singing.

My wife was doing well until she tried - Riki Martin - thats another hard one!

My daughter and I rock at Superstar!

Simply fantastic - can't wait to get home and try and beat my score on Take On Me!

I was quite good at Riki Martin, although I did have to resort to shouting the high bits to hit those notes. ;)

Of course, quite good is all subjective and the pained faces of the others in the room seemed to imply that although I was hitting the notes ok, the tone and volume were quite painful to hear... :rolleyes:

that's shit by the way (the octave thing).

No, it's not. I find it harder to hit the same note in a lower octave than than just trying to hit the right note in the right octave, but for those without my Mariah Carey-like range ( :rolleyes: ) it's a god send I would imagine.

so I screamed the high G-sharps in the middle of GAME for nothing? :rolleyes:

that's shit by the way (the octave thing).

No. You're wrong.

If you've got a reasonably deep voice then it simply isn't feasible to sing even Eternal Flame above middle C. The octave thing is *necessary*.

But hey - *how* you play is up to you. You could just hum everything, but where's the fun in that?

but I do think putting it on hard should get rid of the octave allowance, which I think is a limitation of how the game works. probably.

Yeah, but some people might be pretty good at singing, at least as far as SingStar measures it, but still be physically incapable of of reaching some of the notes, even in falsetto. Seems a bit tough for the difficulty to be compounded by having the vocal equivalent of half your joypad buttons chopped off, or something.

You could always add a hardcore "original pitch only" mode, and make it the player's choice.

Yeah, but some people might be pretty good at singing, at least as far as SingStar measures it, but still be physically incapable of of reaching some of the notes, even in falsetto. Seems a bit tough for the difficulty to be compounded by having the vocal equivalent of half your joypad buttons chopped off, or something.

You could always add a hardcore "original pitch only" mode, and make it the player's choice.

Particularly since the songs are tailored to the teenie girl audience ;) and not the elvis-is-high-pitched male contingent.

After some multiplayer sessions over the weekend with anyone from hardcore to casual gamers I've found this game is good for anyone prepared to sing! which is cool looks like this will be more mass market than EyeToy!

Cheers

Quexex

well, I've got it, and for some reason it thinks that Jamelia is my best song. hmmmm. Personally i thought I was aces at Busted, but never mind. I've done the starmaker mode, but the GF won't even pick up mic.

Roll on the weekend -I'm off to a party, and the PS2s coming along for the ride...

I've only played this a bit, but it seemed to have trouble detecting my voice. When it managed it, it seemed to have the pitch right, but half the time nothing appeared on the screen while I was singing. I wasn't whispering, but then I wasn't screaming it either, got to think of the neighbours. :o

Is it just a volume thing, or something about the way I sing? :P