IGNORED

Singstar.

PopeSmokesDope

What would you want on it?

Beatles, Led Zeppelin, whatever, popular music that everyone knows that's good (subjective) rather than embarassing. I mean of course stick a few cheesy ones in like kung fu fighting and Groove is in the Heart for a laugh, but when they're all terrible it doesn't seem worth getting yet....

They aren't all terrible though, there's the classic 80's stuff, (who can resist Carless Whisper, Take On Me, Like A Virgin, Heart of Glass?) then the real classics like Downtown, Pretty Woman, Elvis.

I'm not a huge pop fan, but the majority of pop tracks are pretty decent examples. It could have been much worse considering the target audience for this.

Try it, you might enjoy singing a silly song.

;)

I just have the feeling that Karaoke Stage is superior to this one. Although the Konami game isn't as slick. It does have more songs and a lot of golden oldies. I mean who has heard of Lemar apart from the Brits and the people watching Fame Academy??? ;)

They aren't all terrible though, there's the classic 80's stuff, (who can resist Carless Whisper, Take On Me, Like A Virgin, Heart of Glass?) then the real classics like Downtown, Pretty Woman, Elvis.

I'm not a huge pop fan, but the majority of pop tracks are pretty decent examples. It could have been much worse considering the target audience for this.

Try it, you might enjoy singing a silly song.

:o

I'll give it a go if someone else buys it but nahhh. when there's only 30 songs and half of them are stuff like Jamelia and Busted, you've got to wonder what sort of longevity its got.. You know, this game is Amplitude and I want Frequency ;)

I admire your spirit though Laine and i'm glad you're having a fantastic time with it :)

I just have the feeling that Karaoke Stage is superior to this one. Although the Konami game isn't as slick. It does have more songs and a lot of golden oldies. I mean who has heard of Lemar apart from the Brits and the people watching Fame Academy??? ;)

.::: Please tell me you got that piece of info out of a PR fact-sheet...

Heehee, thanks!

Anyway, i think the Jamelia track is pretty slick. I love Busted too. But my heart still belongs to Trent Reznor!

Doesn't the Konami one have dodgy versions of the songs though?

I'd prefer the real songs, and a few less. How many tracks does it have?

Don't make me come over and strangle you with the microphone cord and stuff you stupid toy down you throat, you little.............

breath in................

Zen...........

*think happy thoughts think happy thoughts*

Don't make me come over and strangle you with the microphone cord and stuff you stupid toy down you throat, you little.............

breath in................

Zen...........

*think happy thoughts think happy thoughts*

.::: Go on! Admit it! You're caressing your precious Tidal Wave now aren't you? ;)

Back on topic; wasn't Singstar supposed to come out with two discs? Whatever happened to that idea?

After a very long Stella, Baileys and Southern Comfort session on this last night. ;) Im finally in a sober enough state to post my views on it.

Absolutely love it. I was hooked from my first bloody awful attempt at Suspicious Minds.

I definately think two player battle is where its at, you really spur each other on to outperform one another. By the end of the session we were getting "some" fairly respectable scores (although we didnt really venture off easy)

And how good is that intro. Reminded me a bit of EyeToys for some reason. But I think it does a fantastic job of getting you geared up to play it.

...that bloody Daniel Beddingfield track is hateful though, not a bad tune, I just find it impossible to follow

It is actually faulty as it happnes, only one mic is working.

As for taking the amazon copy back, wont they know if they scan the barcode that they didnt sell that copy? Or am I over complicating things?

As I say though, the game copy is faulty anyway.

barcodes are not unique to each retailer.

And... You lot have made me have to go & buy this tomorrow now. I was quite tempted before but you've pushed me over the edge

barcodes are not unique to each retailer.

And... You lot have made me have to go & buy this tomorrow now. I was quite tempted before but you've pushed me over the edge

Muahahahaha. You won't regret it, though. Might even get the wife playing it. And possibly the odd noise from Little Choddo too (and I don't mean your penis).

Muahahahaha. You won't regret it, though. Might even get the wife playing it. And possibly the odd noise from Little Choddo too (and I don't mean your penis).

You aint' wrong, this is one of the main considerations for the purchase.

Considering my utterly flat & apalling singing voice, she's going to finally find a game she can beat me at (that one time on Monkey Flying notwithstanding)

& ickle Chod will try to eat the mike & then switch off the PS2. Grr

Mine too, but then he has issues with Space Channel 5 and Donkey Konga being off as well.

;)

they ARE off. severely. on SC5 you have to be late, later towards the ends of sections; on DK (NTSC/J at least) you have to be early as there seems to be a delay of about 100ms between drum and sound effect/action - an obvious, measurable one.

I know you're just stirring, but you're speaking to someone who just spent the night playing drums for $$$. :o

they ARE off. severely. on SC5 you have to be late, later towards the ends of sections; on DK (NTSC/J at least) you have to be early as there seems to be a delay of about 100ms between drum and sound effect/action - an obvious, measurable one.

He's right, you know. In fact, I've not played a single rhythm game (bar a very few songs on Samba de Amigo) where the timing has been spot-on.

Tim ™

I know you're just stirring, but you're speaking to someone who just spent the night playing drums for $$$. ;)

You're right about SC5, I don't find the notes "late" in Singstar but I do find you have to sustain them for too long.

Incidentally, the US PS2 version of Space Channel 5 doesn't have the delay (I've compared).

Yay, this sounds great, I'm having a rhythm game ordering overload tonight, and loving it, 1 Metal Dance Mat and one strange plastic guitar for playing guitar freaks ordered makes ordering smoething for singing into the ps2 look almost normal.

I also look forward to making everyone who comes over sing, up until now they've only been subjected to forced Eyetoy playing... all new ways to torture friends :lol:

So got this and tried it last night. Great stuff! ;) I'm not great, have a terrible voice but still managed to get some high scores on Easy. Myself and my mate's girlfriend did most the singing. Particular highlight is Livin La Vida Loca. Just fantastic! So, yeah, excellent stuff. Ace of Spades is far too hard, but give me the Darkness and A-ha and I'm your man. Top notes a go-go!

Yay, this sounds great, I'm having a rhythm game ordering overload tonight, and loving it, 1 Metal Dance Mat and one strange plastic guitar for playing guitar freaks ordered makes ordering smoething for singing into the ps2 look almost normal.

I also look forward to making everyone who comes over sing, up until now they've only been subjected to forced Eyetoy playing... all new ways to torture friends ;)

I'm tempted by the metal dance mat.

Despite the fact I know I won't use it much.

None of my so-called-friends seems to understand why you'd want to play Singstar. :)

He's right, you know. In fact, I've not played a single rhythm game (bar a very few songs on Samba de Amigo) where the timing has been spot-on.

Tim

On the other hand, we shouldn't overstate this.

It's nowhere near as bad as the travesty which was that arm waving music "game" on the Eyetoy:Play disc.

Had a fantastic Singstar session with about 10 of us on Saturday night. Fucking side-splittingly funny. Highlight was a mate doing Suspicious Minds, which was so good we saved it. Lowlight for me was hearning myself singing Jamelia's Superstar - "Write it on a piece of PAY-per" I managed to sound camper than a campsite full of VW camper vans.

Is there an easy way to share saved songs? I'd love to share that Suspicious Minds save around - it is that good (bad).

Oh, and the game. I think it's ace. Paid for itself in one night. Could do with more songs but at £30 with 2 mics I think it's great value.

Its funny how some of the songs I thought I'd hate singing are the ones I love singing. Jamelia for example is fucking cracking, and don't get me started on Mystique (of course, the best thing about Scandalous is that you can freestyle some Mystique "rapping"at the start - "Myyyyyyyyyyyystique, widda wonson chip! It's time, my time, lets ride!)

Highlight of the weekend has to be myself and my mate, who only hours before had achieved the lofty title of "Tone Deaf", on Easy with Blue, then went on to smash the high score on "Murder of the Dancefloor".

Doesn't say much for Miss Bextors singing talents does it, the plate faced minx.

Another highlight was discovering that the Liberty X song doesn't go "Oooooh just a little bit, high just a little bit", and then finding yourself unable to say "bit" everytime you do it.

Jamelia is what I'm best at, I love the song too.

I'm just about to record it as my first single. Yay!

Getting pretty good at the Daniel Beddingfield one too, but some I really struggle with.

Groove is in the Heart i'm looking at you.

Just a Little is hard for me too.

I also forgot to mention that I landed myself a fucking cold yesterday rendering my limited talents somewhat redundant.

Didn't stop me playing though.

I normally consider myself a bit of a high score whore. I love beating my scores, getting to the top of the table, that kind of thing. With this game it doesn't seem to matter as much.

I can have really good fun with this game, when I'm losing terribly.

How may games can you say that about?