IGNORED

PSP

Otacon

SEGA have listed some titles:

The popular puzzle game, Puyo Pop Fever and a mystery title known as Project S will make their appearance on the PSP.

No details were given about the games, but Sega General Manager Yuji Naka promised that they would take advantage of the PSP’s high-tech features. He said, “We will propose a new style of gaming and entertainment that maximizes the features unique to PSP, such as network communication battle via wireless LAN and the “face-to-face” system that utilizes the 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD.”

Puyo Pop Fever is a popular puzzle game which could make use of the WiFi connection, while the “S” in Project S might just stand for Sonic. Hopefully we will hear more about these titles, as E3 is just getting started.

Also, GT4 ME has "JAPAN ONLY" written on the disk, so I guess region lockouts are back on.

On the subject of Battery life I felt sure that during the confrence it was said that you would have 20 hrs of MP3 playing or 10 hrs of gaming or 2.5 hrs of movie watching. Now I've been told by some dev sources that Sony have recommended that you spin the disk as little as possible to save battery life, this is also a good reason why they have increased the ram so more data can be loaded up at one time. So 10 hrs of gaming isnt entirly out of the question.

Cheers

Quexex

Thinking about it MP3s or sonys equivalent would be stored on the memory stick no moving parts no screen 20 hrs seems about righ. 10hrs with screen and soem disk access for games (some games may use more disk spinning than others so call it 8-10) seems about right to me 2.5hrs for moives is fine most movies hit the two hr mark with the exceptoin of LotR so thats fine maybe you get a little more if you don't have the volume up to much!

Cheers

Quexex

No one has said (as far as I can remember) about the DS battery life, yet the PSP apparently has 10, 8, and 2.5 hours battery life? Sony can't seem to make up their minds here.

And I don't want to be lugging round a power adapter so I can plug the thing into some power socket. I go on train journeys that are around 3 hours each way, and play when I'm at the destination too (couple of hours, say) with my SP. So the PSP is going to be terrible if it's going to last 4 hours playing MGS.

What a waste. Nothing new is being done either, which, well, sucks. I can play MGS on my GBC. And still love it dearly. Puyo Pop? Oh dear.

No one has said (as far as I can remember) about the DS battery life, yet the PSP apparently has 10, 8, and 2.5 hours battery life? Sony can't seem to make up their minds here.

And I don't want to be lugging round a power adapter so I can plug the thing into some power socket. I go on train journeys that are around 3 hours each way, and play when I'm at the destination too (couple of hours, say) with my SP. So the PSP is going to be terrible if it's going to last 4 hours playing MGS.

What a waste. Nothing new is being done either, which, well, sucks. I can play MGS on my GBC. And still love it dearly. Puyo Pop? Oh dear.

As the new MGS title looks more action based and less story based it's likely that it wont be spinning the disk all that much so you can expect 8hrs out of it surely that's enough.

Cheers

Quexex

Nice looking machine, but I doubt I'll be buying one.

My moneys on the DS, as it does seem to be the more innovative. As developers discover what they can do with the touch screen, then the games should become more and more interesting on this platform.

I don't want touchscreen technology on my handheld, though. It's fucking stupid. Imagine the state of the display after a couple of hours of playtime. It will barely be visible through the fingerprints.

damn, if only they'd included a stylus.........