Halo 2

Fusty Gusset

When I first watched the vids I thought the homing rocket system was actually aftertouch.

As in it fires straight but if you stay zoomed in with the rocket launcher if you move the reticle the rocket will steer towards where you are aiming, so you could fire it around trees and other obstacles, but it would still require accuracy and timing.

More info, SORE LOSER pwned!!!!

Some details about XBL integration and Gamplay bits

1Up

When a host drops out, the game won't stop -- host duties will simply transfer to another player.

:angry:
Other helpful icons will appear on-screen as needed, like a low-ammo symbol or different colored flags. In the game we played, a red flag icon meant the enemy is currently running away with your flag, and a yellow one meant he dropped it and it's free at the moment (but not yet returned to the base). This not only tells you what's going on in areas that you can't see for yourself, but it'll help cut down on unnecessary shouting. Now, a bunch of excitable teammates won't need to scream out "They got the flag! They got the flag!" because this persistent icon (not just a one-time message) will be telling everyone that.

Gamespy

While it's hard to miss exploding Warthogs and Ghosts spiraling through the air, there was a lot more to the interactivity and physics of the level that became apparent over our hour of playtesting. In one area, I tried climbing on an innocent-looking rock to make my way to a staircase, and was surprised when the rock tipped over from under my feet. Inside the base, it was possible to chip away huge portions of the columns surrounding the flag base, until the room looked almost unrecognizable from its original state. Outside, you could rip apart the balconies and even hitch a ride on the slowly rotating fans of the blade if so inclined.

Every publication is going crazy over it. Even Kasvin of Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/...ew_6097695.html

If anything they should make them very hard to destroy, but when they are destroyed, they're gone for good.

That wouldn't work too badly. After all, you're average multiplayer bout lasts 20 - 30 minutes.

And for the record, I've never played Halo multiplayer, nevermind system link. I've only played the PC demo online.

I put ??????? because youve written about how long an average Halo multiplayer games lasts, then in the next line how you've never played Halo multiplayer.

At least it's not a case of one rocket destroying the Warthog and you're pretty vulnerable using it.

It may be a case of the Warthog/Ghost having an energy bar like the Banshees did and blowing them up was very satisfying.

I put ??????? because youve written about how long an average Halo multiplayer games lasts, then in the next line how you've never played Halo multiplayer.

I'm more concerned that he's never played multiplayer. Talk about driving a Porsche to the shops once a week!!

I love it when a developer puts a feature in a game that I've been (silently) crying out for for years.

With Halo 2, it's dual weapons that can be fired independently using the left and right triggers. Why the fuck has no-one done this before? Pressing a single fire button and having both guns go off at once completely negates the need for having a gun in each hand.

A round of applause for Bungie.

I love it when a developer puts a feature in a game that I've been (silently) crying out for for years.

With Halo 2, it's dual weapons that can be fired independently using the left and right triggers. Why the fuck has no-one done this before? Pressing a single fire button and having both guns go off at once completely negates the need for having a gun in each hand.

A round of applause for Bungie.

Red Faction II did this two-trigger thing a few years ago, in a rare burst of originality.

Can someone explain the double weapons thing to me? i.e. how to do it, and if you can carry grenades or not when brandishing the two weapons (carry them but not use them)?

I think you can still carry grenades (i.e they don't spill out of your pockets if you pick up a third gun), but you can't chuck them or melee attack while you're dual wielding.

I assume this means you can carry three guns at once. I also assume there's an easy way to ditch the third gun to get your grenade/meleeing capabilities back.

I think you can still carry grenades (i.e they don't spill out of your pockets if you pick up a third gun), but you can't chuck them or melee attack while you're dual wielding.

I assume this means you can carry three guns at once. I also assume there's an easy way to ditch the third gun to get your grenade/meleeing capabilities back.

i'm sure you can only carry 2 guns at once, one in each hand and you keep your grenades in your pocket until you lose one of the guns.

I assume this means you can carry three guns at once.

I also assume there's an easy way to ditch the third gun to get your grenade/meleeing capabilities back.

You assume WRONG!

You assume RIGHT!

You use the same 2 guns you carry, so it could be 2 assault rifles etc. You hold x to pick up as a seperate weapon and hold y to pick it up as a dual

The aiming is worse and gets worse if you squeeze off a dual magazine in one go (like the assault rifle used to get less accurate if you just held it down)

What I want to know is, will you be able to throw a grenade one way, hurtle the other switching to dual firing guns, chase someone off a ledge pumping them full of bullets, switch to one gun mid air and crack them with a melee as you land.

Wicked

Like a few people on here, I'm quite concerned about the destructable vehicles.

When my friends and I like to play Link-up Halo, we usually end up having massive 1 hour+ battles, and vehicle management is a large part of that. It's often a battle over where the vehicles are, who's got more of them, etc. If they could be destroyed, that would all be gone. Even if they respawned, it still wouldn't be the same.

Red Faction II did this two-trigger thing a few years ago, in a rare burst of originality.

Marathon (a Bungie game, mind) did the same in 1994.

Yes, indeed. You had a primary and secondary fire button. But for magnum pistols, dual shotguns and fists (!), the two fire buttons worked independently.

When my friends and I like to play Link-up Halo, we usually end up having massive 1 hour+ battles, and vehicle management is a large part of that. It's often a battle over where the vehicles are, who's got more of them, etc. If they could be destroyed, that would all be gone. Even if they respawned, it still wouldn't be the same.

It wouldn't be the same, true. Will it be worse? Who knows.

I'm far more concerned about weapon balance to be honest.