Halo 2

Fusty Gusset

Yeah but if you remember it took ages for them to explode and they fired quite slowly, a lot different than what Halo 2 looks like.

That was my point regarding balance. Stick a whole round to an Elite and it's as deadly as a plasma grenade. The speed is the pay off, but they're certainly not useless as the bloke implied. Probably the easiest way to take out an Elite (bar rocket laucher and sniper), especially if they pause to shout 'WORT WORT'. ;)

cheers for the pics there.

that does look utterly stunning, I can't believe how much better it looks. the detail as well! look at that mark on MCs glove!

and using those elite melee weapons should be fun.

jaw dropping, can't wait.

i hope we do hear a lot more about the single player though. There is no possibility of me ever getting live (being a lowly 16 year old who is s not allowed to drill through the walls to get to the modem :o ), so the multiplayer is of limited interest to me.

more single player bungie!

There is no possibility of me ever getting live (being a lowly 16 year old who is s not allowed to drill through the walls to get to the modem  :D  ), so the multiplayer is of limited interest to me.

That's what us parents are for. :D

cheers for the pics there.

that does look utterly stunning, I can't believe how much better it looks. the detail as well! look at that mark on MCs glove!

and using those elite melee weapons should be fun.

Those are high resolution renders though, not the actual game.

What, cos a bunch of people that regularly post on a gaming forum play system-link Halo?

Does that mean everyone does?

Do you know how many copies of Halo have been sold in the UK? A MASSIVE amount. Only a fraction of those are into games enough to actually post on forums, let alone go to a gaming meet.

Nail on.

Sometimes, I can't help but feel that some forumites have no grasp on the reality of some possibilities. Hell, I've never even seen two Xboxes linked up.

What, cos a bunch of people that regularly post on a gaming forum play system-link Halo?

Does that mean everyone does?

Do you know how many copies of Halo have been sold in the UK? A MASSIVE amount. Only a fraction of those are into games enough to actually post on forums, let alone go to a gaming meet.

I know about ten people that don't really play games but bought Xboxs and Halo SPECIFICALLY (sorry I don't ususally shout) for link up play... these guys probably don't know forums exist let allone post on them or go to meets... they just get there mait round get two or more xboxs + TVs and play halo till 5am... as I said before maybe these are just random wierdos I happen to know BTW these are people I know via a friend as opposed to my Halo playing mates! and they are all very cassual gamers.

Cheers

Quexex

That was my point regarding balance. Stick a whole round to an Elite and it's as deadly as a plasma grenade. The speed is the pay off, but they're certainly not useless as the bloke implied. Probably the easiest way to take out an Elite (bar rocket laucher and sniper), especially if they pause to shout 'WORT WORT'. :(

but how often do you pick em up in multiplayer?

Nail on.

Sometimes, I can't help but feel that some forumites have no grasp on the reality of some possibilities. Hell, I've never even seen two Xboxes linked up.

Its odd you say that, no really - because I struggle to think of anyone who hasn't played system link at least once. Even my younger brothers and his friends.

I must say that I don't like the destructable warthogs and ghosts idea very much. I kinda liked the fact that you could blow someone off the fucker in the first game and then nick it over their dead body. In this one it looks like the vehicle blows up and then respawns all pristine where it first started. That idea just seems to take out some of the solidity of the game for me. Does anyone see what I'm getting at?

If anything they should make them very hard to destroy, but when they are destroyed, they're gone for good.

That wouldn't work too badly. After all, you're average multiplayer bout lasts 20 - 30 minutes.

And for the record, I've never played Halo multiplayer, nevermind system link. I've only played the PC demo online.

i've never played system link either. i only know 2 other people with xboxes and they couldn't be arsed with it...

I must say that I don't like the destructable warthogs and ghosts idea very much. I kinda liked the fact that you could blow someone off the fucker in the first game and then nick it over their dead body. In this one it looks like the vehicle blows up and then respawns all pristine where it first started. That idea just seems to take out some of the solidity of the game for me. Does anyone see what I'm getting at?

Yeah, I definitely do. This is my only major concern too. Though I like the idea of destructable vehicles, it could definitely change the way longer games of Capture the Flag are played. Yet re-spawning vehicles would'nt be right either. Hmmm...

but how often do you pick em up in multiplayer?

Well, i'm thinking more about single player. What are it's cons this time? If it shoots speedily in a straight line without homing, how is it significantly different from your assault rifle. I always thought the needler was deliberately quirky so it added something different to the game. I'm just wondering what they're trying to achieve by changing it so much. Oh well, I guess we'll see. ;)

I think I agree. i'm hoping for a 'destructible vehicles on/off' option