Halo 2

Fusty Gusset

Come on, there's just one thing I want to know right now:

Which of you badasses are starting on Legendary from the off and which of you wimps are picking Heroic instead?

I think I'll start on Normal. That way I'll get the most amount of enjoyment from it. First do all the difficulties (apart from Easy - no point in doing it on Easy) in the right order, then constantly play it on Heroic.

Normal is not fun after having done it on higher difficulties, and Legendary just isn't as much fun as Heroic, although you wouldn't appreciate Heroic as much had you not finished Legendary after it.

So that'll be how I do it. Normal, Heroic, Legendary. With a ton of Live play crammed in between singleplayer sessions.

I liked the 3-way battles but to be honest, I much preferred the levels where you and the Marines would fight alongside each other - AOTCR = teh best! Once the infection took hold, the game became a lonelier (though no less exciting) experience.

So they'll be smarter this time? Yikes. They were scary enough with their sheer rampaging numbers...

I remember reading that it was never Bungie's intention that they should play like mindless automatons. Bungie were hoping to impliment a number of routines and behaviours that would distinguish them from the Covenant, yet make them equally challenging, but in the event they simply ran out of time.

It'll be a shame if Bungie choose to keep them artificially disabled simply because it's what people expect; I'd like to see what they're really capable of.

I think it looks a bit boring to be honest, but then I've never been the biggest of Halo fans. I've seen nothing that even comes close to invoking the reaction that some of you seem to be experiencing.

I suppose this makes me DEAD INSIDE?

I think it looks a bit boring to be honest, but then I've never been the biggest of Halo fans.  I've seen nothing that even comes close to invoking the reaction that some of you seem to be experiencing.

I suppose this makes me DEAD INSIDE?

I feel the same way, it looks good but hardly anything I wasn't expecting (and theres nothing wrong with that, but the "OMFG best game ever" type reactions I see here are a little extreme).

It looks to me like a slightly shrunken down UT2004 onslaught type thing to me, complete with homing rocket launcher, but I suppose the fact that it has the name Halo attached and you finally get to play as an elite in multiplayer is enough to have some people frothing at the mouth.

Being able to shoot bits off vehicles and carjack other players looks like an excellent touch though, although I hope they don't overcomplicate things too far. <_<

I fucking loved it when the guy used the targeting rocket on the Warthog and sent it flying.

I thought that was rather cheap, I enjoyed the skill required to blast a watrhog from a distance. The new feature of the rocket launcher - for me was low point. The levels however, look stunning. I like the more scenario based type multiplayer idea. Adn, of course all the extra detail, hubcaps etc.

I'll admit that I've let my enthusiasm for the video feeds carry me away, but truth be told, I've not been this excited by a game in years.

A lot of peeps don't liked FPS. To be honest, I didn't like them much before Halo arrived, so if the first game didn't do much for you, I wouldn't expect hype surrounding the second will do much for you either.

I know it's all a bit boring to watch dumbasses like me wax lyrical about Halo 2, so forgive me in advance :)

I think it looks a bit boring to be honest, but then I've never been the biggest of Halo fans. I've seen nothing that even comes close to invoking the reaction that some of you seem to be experiencing.

I think it's more the expectation in the videos that the actual videos themselves. You're right, they are pretty boring, but to diehard Halo fans they offer all these possiblities that we are wetting ourselves at being able to use in multiplayer.

I'd be amazed if the homing ability of the rocket launcher wasn't toggle-able (!) in the multiplayer options.

Yeah, the homing capabilities do worry me a little. I was kind of hoping that the homing ability only applied to vehicles, or something

But saying that, from the feed we've all seen, there wasn't much to indicate just how "smart" the homing mechanism is - so it's possible that evasion is still as viable as ever.

I'd be amazed if the homing ability of the rocket launcher wasn't toggle-able (!) in the multiplayer options.

It said in the mass of text that the missiles home if you get a lock on by keeping somebody in your sights for a few seconds, I would guess that's the toggle.

Oh, I see what you mean by togglable now. I think it should be hard enough to target people that it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, the homing capabilities do worry me a little. I was kind of hoping that the homing ability only applied to vehicles, or something

But saying that, from the feed we've all seen, there wasn't much to indicate just how "smart" the homing mechanism is - so it's possible that evasion is still as viable as ever.

yeah, i reckon it'll home in like the needler from the original. not great over long distances and giving you the chance to duck behind some cover... it'll be a nightmare if it can follow you everywhere.

Homing missiles have been around in online FPS games for ages. I'm assuming it'll be the same as all the others - Pretty slow moving and easily avoided if you take drastic action.

True though, what percentage of Halo players do you think have played it multiplayer on Xbox? A very small one.

F**kin everyone I know plays Halo over system link regulary... maybe I just know weirdos! I also play split screen VS regulary. To be honest Halo would have been just a good FPS without system link. However with it it has provided me with years of multiplayer entertainment I often lug my spare TV to a mates for link action it's by far the best feature in Halo and should bnever be overlooked as a waste of time...

Cheers

Quexex

Looking amazing with graphics, environment and physics. I suppose those Halo bore we seen in gaming meet will pack up their job and divorce their wife and give up their custody of children to the wife, to play Halo 2 for rest of their life.

With a name like that!

:)

Thing is Soong, I really admire how no one in this thread has been outright rude - which is good of course.

But regarding Halo, your thoughts and that review:

Nothing could be more wrong.

If you had bothered to come to Bath, its just possible that you could have had a glimpse into a world that is beyond your comprehension.

And I don't mean a ton of geeks in the same place.

Eh? The needler was really useful. Pump a round into an elite on Legendary and he's taken care of.

Yeah but if you remember it took ages for them to explode and they fired quite slowly, a lot different than what Halo 2 looks like.

Thing is Soong, I really admire how no one in this thread has been outright rude - which is good of course.

But regarding Halo, your thoughts and that review:

Nothing could be more wrong.

If you had bothered to come to Bath, its just possible that you could have had a glimpse into a world that is beyond your comprehension.

And I don't mean a ton of geeks in the same place.

What, cos a bunch of people that regularly post on a gaming forum play system-link Halo?

Does that mean everyone does?

Do you know how many copies of Halo have been sold in the UK? A MASSIVE amount. Only a fraction of those are into games enough to actually post on forums, let alone go to a gaming meet.