Halo 2

Fusty Gusset

I also fear for my social life upon the release of this game. It was the same when I first got PGR 2 and Live! I couldn't get off it, every waking hour I was constantly on it. I think my friends and family may file a missing persons report on November 16th when they haven't seen or heard from me for a week.

Guest nomenclature

That looks very nice.

I do wish those uncouth Americans would SHUT THE HELL UP though.

Jeez, you wanna see the Half Life 2 video from last year.

"Err, will it run on my 486?"

"aahahrharhahrharhahr"

And you thought the dick would just leave it at that, but nooooo. He went on and on.

Come on, there's just one thing I want to know right now:

Which of you badasses are starting on Legendary from the off and which of you wimps are picking Heroic instead?

The interesting thing about these vids is that they've shown nothing of the single-player game yet so there's every chance of things being fresh once it (finally) arrives, though it does also make one wonder if Bungie have concentrated too much on mulitplayer at the expense of the singleplayer experience.

Oh, do we know for sure if those [i]things[/i] will turn up again? I guess if there's another ringworld in there then logic would dictate they must but I much prefer battling it out with the Covenant...

I remember reading that the things are indeed back. I also remember seeing that this time round they'll be more intelligent and have the ability to ride in vehicles. They better be in it, I loved the 3 way battles, some of the best levels in Halo 1.

As for concentrating on single player mode, as far as I know, thats good as done and dusted and the reason for the delay in the first place was to make multiplayer everything it should be and more.

Which of you badasses are starting on Legendary from the off and which of you wimps are picking Heroic instead?

It's a dilemma. If you do it straight on Legendary then what's the incentive to do it on the lower levels, other than getting all the badges on the level select screen? And what's the point on starting on easy just to get all the badges.

I dunno. Grrr.

Let's hope there's Legendary and Super Legendary.

It's a dilemma. If you do it straight on Legendary then what's the incentive to do it on the lower levels, other than getting all the badges on the level select screen? And what's the point on starting on easy just to get all the badges.

I dunno. Grrr.

Or maybe, you actually unlock stuff for going through single player on different difficulties? Stuff like extra multiplayer characters and maps.

Actually the real dilemma is whether we set up 2 TVs next to each other and play through from beginning to end on linkup co op. I think I want to do it on my own first. But co op is so fucking ace that... I DUNNO. At least I have 6 months to figure all this out.

I dunno. Grrr.

Barry, we're doing Legendary. No wait, Heroic. No Legendary. No, Heroic. Hnnnngh. HNNNGH!

System Link Co-op good buddy. You fucking knows it!

I think I'm gonna buy Halo for Xbox a month or so before this is released.

what, you don't already have it?

you must have played it though... right?

what, you don't already have it?

you must have played it though... right?

Yeah I played it on an Xbox at a mates and got it on PC. My Xbox came with it but they didn't have it in stock so I got something else instead.

[quote name='ai0ai' date='May 11 2004, 02:27 PM'] I remember reading that the [i]things[/i] are indeed back. I also remember seeing that this time round they'll be more intelligent and have the ability to ride in vehicles. They better be in it, I loved the 3 way battles, some of the best levels in Halo 1. [/quote]
I liked the 3-way battles but to be honest, I much preferred the levels where you and the Marines would fight alongside each other - AOTCR = teh best! Once the infection took hold, the game became a lonelier (though no less exciting) experience.

So they'll be smarter this time? Yikes. They were scary enough with their sheer rampaging numbers...

Could be good, but really I think it looks like they've thrown in too much without compensating like someone else said. Remember it is possible that part of the balance in the original came from a tight development schedule and they couldnt just throw a barrel load of unneccesary shit in it. Remember what happened to Lucas, Romero and the Wachowskis when allowed to run around unchecked <_<.

Soong, the PC version is shit. Don't waste your time. Get it on Xbox. Gearbox messed up the port.

I prefer the PC version. I couldn't tell any difference, except the better graphics on PC.

What did Gearbox mess up exactly?

If the demo of Halo is anything to go by on PC, the graphics are worse by some margin. The assault rifle looks awful, the texturing is wrong somehow and it doesn't exactly use DX9 so it doesn't have any PC specific tricks. Also the pacing seems broken, an 8/10 as opposed to 10/10 IMO. Only the demo mind but when it Silent Cartographer it gives youa fair idea <_<.

Our suspicion, however, is that many gamers will be turned off by the splitscreen (which is tough on the eyes and renders most forms of teamplay ineffective), and with the only other option being to drag your TV to an Xbox LAN party, most people will never even touch the game's multiplayer. It's a nice bonus, but not much more

My face has contorted into a look of incredulous horror.