Looking amazing with graphics, environment and physics. I suppose those Halo bore we seen in gaming meet will pack up their job and divorce their wife and give up their custody of children to the wife, to play Halo 2 for rest of their life.

How many seconds were you not playing Winning Eleven on Saturday then? :unsure:

Impressive stuff.

I do have a couple of reservations about them over-complicating it though. That new weapon system, the new abilitites, the boost function of the vehicle. They seem to have just added and added stuff without taking anything away - worrying, to me, as Halo's self-reservation and purity was one of it's greatest strengths. It was what it didn't have that made it so good.

I can't shake the feeling that this is just a by-the-numbers sequel: a few more back-of-the-box features, some more levels, improved graphics, online functions. I'm sure everyone will go crazy about it, and I'll be picking it up of course, but I just don't think it'll be as amazing as everyone assumes it will be.

But then, how exactly do you top Halo?

Looks really good. The tracking rockets are going to make for much dancing about in multiplayer (not that I ever get to play multiplayer...*sniff*).

Looks like there's lots more interaction with the environments, too.

come on, someone help me out. i need to see these movies but my mac isn't playing. is there some way i can view these files? or can anybody be kind enough to convert them to quicktimes please?

come on, someone help me out. i need to see these movies but my mac isn't playing. is there some way i can view these files? or can anybody be kind enough to convert them to quicktimes please?

The latest version of WMP doesn't run them?

Try them, although you'll probably need IGN insider (only costs a few quid to sign up for a month though, and you get a week free). :unsure:

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/482/482228/vids_1.html

Edit:Gamespot is also $5.95 for a month. They have the whole 14 minute Halo2 demo in hi-res Quicktime (240Mb).

3rd one is good...

I was just re-watching and the Warthog now has a horn?!!!....!

I'm sold.

Is it just a normal horn, or can I have a wart hog painted up like the General Lee complete with a Dukes of Hazard style horn?