IGNORED

Two pints of lager...

michael

I *heart* this show. It's funny, pretty well written, and just the right side of downright vulgar. And the episode from last night with everone bursting into song at the drop of a hat was one of the best. From the Destiny's Child pisstake to Jonny's hip-hop bit about biscuits (and the 'I want a blowjob' song, of course).

Oh, and i think Janet is [max from heart to heart] goyjuss [/max from heart to heart] (in a cute scally way).

Anyway, Mondays, 9.30pm. Your thoughts please.

I think it stinks like a dead dog left in the sun to be honest. I guess it's one of those 'marmite' shows, you either love it or loath it. I've tried to give it a chance but I can't watch more than ten minutes before turning it off.

I enjoy it. Its unashamedly British comedy, not shy of using cynicism and sarcasm as the basis of the humour. Too many sitcoms these days try to emulate an American style.

What about Seinfeld and say Larry saunders is not based on sarcasm and cynacism? Frasier has a fair bit of sarcasm from what I saw.

What about Seinfeld and say Larry saunders is not based on sarcasm and cynacism? Frasier has a fair bit of sarcasm from what I saw.

Sienfeld and Frasier have a bit of sarcasm admittedly, I've not watched Larry Saunders.

I was refering to things like Married With Children and Friends, and the way Brit sitcoms like My Family try to copy them. Theres nothing wrong with that of course, just that TPOLAAPOC doesn't try to do that, which I like.

I was refering to things like Married With Children and Friends

So it was a completely unfair comparrison. A little like british comedy being summed up with Terry and June or Coupling as opposed to The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin. Seinfled is based almost entirely on irony and sarcasm, much like Larry Saunders - which if you can get hold of some episodes will amuse you for ages.

I was so replused by this last night, I had to actually turn the television off. It was only on in the background whilst I played on the Gameboy, but still I could not cope with having it anywhere near me.

Like cheese grating my eyes and pouring magma into my ears.

The fact that thew person who writes this probably has the cheek to write "comedian" as his job description on forms makes me realise just how evil and twisted this world really fucking is.

Still, you're entitled to your opinion.

You fucking maniac.

my m8 used to go out with Sheridan Smith.

Trufax.

But seriously, this is appalling. The actors aren't actually that bad, providing you've seen them in other, good stuff, but they aren't so good that they can save a predictable and appalling script.

and I mean a really, really bad script. I hate this show for so many reasons and last night's episode had to be the worst "comedy" I've seen in years. Embarassing, cringeworthy and altogether amateurish.

• 2 years later...

I can't bring myself to hate this show. There's nothing wrong with its inoffensive mix of "normal people" stereotypes and traditional jokes. There's just nothing right about it, either. The comedy equivalent of a white piece of paper.