IGNORED

Return of the Jedi

McFly

Sadly, Richard Marquand, the director died a few years ago so he won't be contributing to the commentary on the DVDs. I seem to remember hearing a few years ago that Lucas wasn't particularly happy with his direction or something

Also, Phantom was much poorer than Clones. Those bastard kids are such wankers and at least Jar Jar has only a couple of lines in Clones. No amount of crappy CGI can be worse than that wanker who played Anakin and his crap acting. The one good thing is when that little green kid does his dance after the pod race.

Agreed with all that.

Regarding Jedi, I like most of it. The Ewoks and the muppets in Jabba's palace can't ruin the fun of the space battle, the Luke/Vader fight, the speeder bike chase, the scenes set around the Sarlac Pit and the celebration scene which I really like.

Well, its not that the transmissions take years to reach these planets, its that the Empire is still firmly in charge. The truce at bakura says that the Empire only let on that the emperor was dead months after the battle of Endor, and according to the rogue squadren books it was another 5 years of war before the rebels took Coruscant. And if you look at Timothy Zahn's second lot of star wars books (visions of the future) the empire is still in fighting shape a good ten years after the battle of Endor.

Hah! Out geeked!

You just made my list! :)

Jedi had a few poor elements, but since I've always watched it I've always thought it deserves as much respect as the other 2. Empire beats them both in my opinion but judging by the new films (which are fucking horse shit!) Jedi blood owns.

- pros (off the top of my head)

speeder bikes

The best space war I have ever seen in film

completing the saga in a good way

another star wars film

great light sabar fights

AT - STs

- cons

ewoks could of been better

some of the jabba parts were a bit poo, and the new dance sequence looks soo aged already by the 97 sp. effects

not as dark and cool as empire

after seeing spaced again I totally felt for Tim in the show. I hate the new films with such a passion its the only thing I like to argue about in film for hours and hours

It only takes a few days to cross the entire galaxy in the Star Wars Universe.

I remember my friend told me that the Millennium Falcon was supposedly meant to travel 20 million times the speed of light, or something.

0.5 past light speed which i always assumed to mean lightspeed x 1.5

I think that was retconned[?] to mean that the Falcon had a 'class 0.5 hyperdrive', the smaller the number the faster the 'drive in the Star Wars universe. (IIRC - I'm not a Star Wars fan by any stretch.)

EDIT: How come Knights of the Old Republic on the Xbox is meant to be set thousands of years before the films, when they have similar technology? I spotted R2-D2 like droids, 'protocol droids' similar to that the gay gold robot, and there was space ships galore., Is civilisation in the 'Wars universe meant to be constantly crumbling back to primitive times, or something?

"Star Wars Imperial sublight propulsion technology is at least the equal of Star Trek Federation sublight propulsion technology"

OMG! you are teh g33k!

I did find that site highly informative and entertaing though. Thanks.

"Star Wars Imperial sublight propulsion technology is at least the equal of Star Trek Federation sublight propulsion technology"

OMG! you are teh g33k!

I did find that site highly informative and entertaing though. Thanks.

A Star Wars Vs Star Trek site? Geeky?

Never!