IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails

Laine

Yeah, I'm not sure, but I think it was.

There was Broken, then Fixed.

Pretty Hate Machine for best NIN album - another vote here! :D

Yeah!!

It's teh best!

Broken is an EP, and I love all the songs on it, and I like how it's kind of short and fast, really like the lyrics on it too.

I think the drive to Bath tomorrow is going to be a full on NIN fest!

Oh, and to all the people who have seen them live: I hate you.

I think Trent should do some music for Alias!

Oh, and to all the people who have seen them live: I hate you.

I think Trent should do some music for Alias!

I sympathise, I only "discovered" them two weeks after the '95 tour and then couldnt go to the fraggle tour, ah well, have seen Ministry about five times to make up for it

I used to like 'em lots. Now I feel that Trent really needs to loosen up a bit and be a bit happier. There's some great stuff (though I think Pretty Hate Machine sounds really cheesy now, for some reason), I think the remix album of 'The Fragile' is the best work.

I prefer more upbeat stuff now. Like Andrew WK. Winky.

Not for me, I thank Depeche Mode and Ministry

Guns n' Roses were the band that gave them the first real exposure- Axl had seen or heard NIN in some obscure place, and gave NIN the support slot on one of GnR's first headlining tours, so giving them national and international exposure.

Have to agree with all the love going Trent's way here. It doesn't matter where my tastes take me musically(at the moment black metal and speedcore, but previously eighties cheese!) I always find time to listen to NIN. Downward does it for me, as well as the Lost Highway and Natural Born Killers soundtracks, but a special mention has to go to Marilyn Manson's breakthrough album, Antichrist Superstar, which is pure Trent in feel, just with old Brian doing the singing thing. Still sounds good nowadays.

Anyway, I'm gonna put Downward on now, and drink Cherry Coke. How rock and roll is that!

Guns n' Roses were the band that gave them the first real exposure- Axl had seen or heard NIN in some obscure place, and gave NIN the support slot on one of GnR's first headlining tours, so giving them national and international exposure.

Yeah, I remember...it was Wembley Stadium in the UK if I my frazzled brain remember rightly, along with Faith No More ??(I might just be making this up now :D )

Never really liked GnR though although I did read a funny story once where Trent R phoned up Axl Rose and he had the new Pet Shop Boys album on in the background and Axl was going absolutely mental saying it was the best thing he'd ever heard. :huh:

This thread prompted a cracking NIN fest on the way down to Bath this weekend.

Worked our way through most of the albums, and reminded me of some cracking songs Id almost totally forgotten about. "Herecy" being a particular fave off "downward spiral". In fact that was the one that first got me interestedin NIN many, many years ago

Yeah, what a great drive down!

Shame about the Lost Prophets on the way back! ;)

I need to get Burn, one of my favourites. Oh, and the Static X version of Closer. Yummy.

Remember we decided we were gonna travel to Europe if they did a gig?

Then we though it'd be perfectly reasonable to go to America to see them.

Are we really that desperate?!

:)

Yeah, I remember...it was Wembley Stadium in the UK if I my frazzled brain remember rightly, along with Faith No More ??(I might just be making this up now :( )

Yep, Wembley Stadium 1st September 1991 I believe- I think it was GNR, Skid Row and NIN's - if you look at GNR now I'm of the opinion that Axl's trying to reinvent them as Spiral era NIN's.

I remember seeing Ministry circa 1992, they didn't come on until midnight and simply did not want to play, the angst of being pushed out onto a stage made for one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen.

I 'd like to admit to liking "my life with the thrill kill kult" in this thread as well..

do think think Robin Frink will tour with Nin?

Yes!

Remix albums and eps - which to get? I have further down the spiral which is cool but I need more.

Oh, and Lindsey, I want "all that could have been" for my birthday! (will accept copies :angry: )

July the 17th, got it?

Ill never get to see them live though.......sobs.

I 'd like to admit to liking "my life with the thrill kill kult" in this thread as well..

Nothing wrong with that... Saw them perform at the Barrowlands about 12 years ago. Was a rather fun experience...