IGNORED

The last episodes of Friends in less than 0 hrs

Beertiger

well i don't know where they are up to on E4 but on weds we will be saying goodbye to one of the best comedy shows to grace our screens. May i take this opportunity to ask everyone planning on typing how bad it is to fuck right off, you'll find the back button at the top of your browser. Thanks.

it's gonna be weird seeing this show go as i've followed it from the very first episode and have grown up watching it (i'm 22 now)

does anyone know when this will be up on the torrents? i usually get them 2 days later when i remember but i want this one asap.

also the big question, what will happen between Rachel and Ross?

last time we saw them they were lip locked after she told him how hard it was to say goodbye.

my guess is that he will move to paris with her.

also best episode of season 10, i'm gonna go for The One With The Cake.

I'll be watching it a little more than 24 hours from now, at 8PM PDT on the west coast. I hope they make the final episode funny and not "tear jerking". Sometimes I think these shows forget why people watched them in the first place.

are you watching the whole 2 hour thing?

isn't there two specially made clip show things and then the final two episodes?

i hope all are released on torrent but that's a long time of waiting for me. although as soon as i've seen them i'll come on here bitching about how they weren't funny.

i don't think this will out do Seinfeld either, 75m is a lot of viewers although MASH is still the god, that was 100m+ wasn't it.

isn't there two specially made clip show things and then the final two episodes?

According to the TV guide there's a hour long "retrospective" episode, i.e. clips show, followed buy a 1 hour series finale episode.

looking forward to this. Using bit torrent it dont take that long to be honest, id expect both episodes to take a few hours at most. It will be up by thursday morning our time, so ill leave it to download by then.

Regarding it being happy or a tear jerker. i hope its mixture. My favorite end of series was Roseanne. It really was a twist, but it was a little bit confusing for most people and perhaps not the best way of doing it.

well i don't know where they are up to on E4 but on weds we will be saying goodbye to one of the best comedy shows to grace our screens. May i take this opportunity to ask everyone  planning on typing how bad it is to fuck right off, you'll find the back button at the top of your browser. Thanks.

it's gonna be weird seeing this show go as i've followed it from the very first episode and have grown up watching it (i'm 22 now)

does anyone know when this will be up on the torrents? i usually get them 2 days later when i remember but i want this one asap.

also the big question, what will happen between Rachel and Ross?

last time we saw them they were lip locked after she told him how hard it was to say goodbye.

my guess is that he will move to paris with her.

also best episode of season 10, i'm gonna go for The One With The Cake.

Can you FUCKING make it clear when you're posting SPOILERS?!?

I love friends, but I'm not mental enough to download it, so I'm watching it on Channel 4. But now you've ruined a fair bit. E.g. why would she be in Paris? It's really not that hard. See the Eternal Sunshine thread for how to do it properly.

ARGH.

Torrent will be available really fast and everyone will be downloading it tomorrow.

I think it's run its course and it will be going out on a high. It's a shame really because like with Frasier, it's suddenly got good again now it's coming to a close.

Everything seems to be done in a rush now though, Monica and Chandler moving, Phoebe and Mike getting married and the R&R situation of course.

There are loads of different spoilers going around on the net as to what's going to happen, I can't see it going out on anything less than a happy ending.

Unsurprisingly the region 1 cashin special edition finale DVD is out next Monday in the US.

Can you FUCKING make it clear when you're posting SPOILERS?!?

I love friends, but I'm not mental enough to download it, so I'm watching it on Channel 4. But now you've ruined a fair bit. E.g. why would she be in Paris? It's really not that hard. See the Eternal Sunshine thread for how to do it properly.

ARGH.

Yes, thank you! Saved me a rant!

Beertiger watch your spoilers please.

Oh, does this mean I can read the Eternal Sunshine thread without fear of spoilers?

Oh, and the Alias thread is also an excellent example on how to discuss a show with no spoilers at all.

Oh, does this mean I can read the Eternal Sunshine thread without fear of spoilers?

Nah, just watch the movie first - the concensus (how often does that happen here?) is thats it's either brilliant or just damn good. You'll love it. And it's the kind of film which you just don't want to spoil.

P.S. - I like friends, it has had soem dodgy moments and dodgy series (series 7? 8? 9? not sure which was the absolutely tosh one), but theres been some really funny stuff too.

Fave character - Ross.

spoilers? it's a topic about the last episode of Friends in 24hrs god damn it, not two or three weeks time and even before i post the spoilers i'm talking about torrents.

in fact watching it on C4 is even slower than E4. As for mental enough to download it, 30 min download max. why's that mental, it's just not being arsed to wait.

this topic was for those who are up to date. althought from now on i will watch the spoilers in this topic just in case some people are curious.

so what is Ross going to do?

I'm kind of glad that Friends is coming to a close and I consider myself to be a huge fan.

As someone just entering their 30's I'm seeing my friends drift away to start families and all that nonsense and the idea that these 6 people could spend their 30's in a coffee shop is just a little out of touch and I'm glad the cast and creators have realised this.

The 'Joey' spinoff has potential but I'm not holding out much hope of a classic that Friends has become. The magic of Friends is the spark that all the actors get from each other and the success of Joey will depend on a supporting cast from heaven to match it.

I've loved every minute of Friends over the last 10 years, even the so-called crap series and they will live forever in my DVD collection. I'll never tire of Ross saying 'Vulva' or Joey wondering if he 'could BE wearing any more clothes' :P:D

Great little montage of calssic moments for you to get all misty eyed over

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Friends/video/video...ale_42804.shtml

Also, the full cast will be on the Jay Leno show on the 6th - which I think is on FTN on satelitte in the UK the day after, so look for it from Friday.

Personally, I'm grabbing the final episode DVD from Play - it's only a tenner and its got a gag reel :D

Got mine pretty quick. Started at 9 and was done when i got back afrom lectures at 11.

**SPOILERS**

Well not really just my general thoughts on the episode.

I enjoyed the episode. It wrapped things up quite predicatably from the episodes before but I wouldnt have wanted it any different. I think they got the mix of jokes and the sentimental bits about right.

I would liked to have seen a few of the other characters make a return or have some part. Not all of them in a Seinfeld way, but a couple of the longer running characters were totally absent.

Stuff work rules, I just watched it. A good ending to the series, but this whole series has been very rushed "hey Phoebe got married, hey Monica and Chandler are moving...hey..etc".

The Frasier promo at the end looked good.

yes i comepletely agree, they got the mix just perfecto.

-for a minute i didn't think Rachel was coming back and i though that the whole story line was handled really well-

although not as good as Joey almost jumping off the building two episodes previous.

have i missed the Fraiser one?