IGNORED

Gamezville after Dark

Valiant

There are some features of this noughties creation that are quite amusing that I've grown to appreciate like the Retro corner, the one chap that actually knows enough toi talk for more than 10 seconds about gaming, the Games Guru as the bastard son of Namrood and the lovely blonde pair of ladies/ The terribl;e twins are just playing it for laughs now and it really is just a caravan of awfulness reminiscent of the best WakaDay had to offer from years gone by.

Go on criticise it I'll defend it to some extent at least. Surely you'll agree that Gamezville due to it's long run and slight improvemnets isn't the complete travesty many people would have you believe.

G ratings are out of 10 now by the way so it's just as sophisticated as Edge! ;)

See they just did a littel review of 720; gave you some historical facts about the era and Atari; mentioned Pannini stickers then remarked about it being a grandfather figure to Tony Hawk.

I'll give the segment 8 G's!

I just wish they'd STOP SHOUTING and doing that kind of pointy-hand thing that they do

You know:- "We'll be right back after this (POINTY HAND THING) break" or "Check out the latest (POINTY HAND THING) xbox releases"

The games guru does seem to be having fun though, the other day some kid asked for a cheat and he said "Why the hell do you want to buy a game and then cheat" and didn't bother answering the poor lad ;)

No. Until the presenters are returned their brains and unattached from those marionette strings (that's why we have the hand waving you see) this program remains an unholy union of 'street' and 'geek'...streek...of piss.

The show has grown on me. The presenter may be a bit "word!", but as a gaming show, it's not half bad. They could do with covering a few more games though. There really isn't enough game footage, but what it does, it does ok. I'll give 6 G's.

I think it's fun. The guys do seem to love their games, and the show does have a nice energy about it. I think it's a lot better than the po-faced, pretentious type of show that a lot of 'hardcore' gamers want. Sure there could be more game footage, and perhaps more in-depth reviews, but it ain't bad overall. Some of the Face Offs are fun.

The Guru is great. :angry:

I think it's fun. The guys do seem to love their games, and the show does have a nice energy about it. I think it's a lot better than the po-faced, pretentious type of show that a lot of 'hardcore' gamers want. Sure there could be more game footage, and perhaps more in-depth reviews, but it ain't bad overall. Some of the Face Offs are fun.

Those two idiots know nothing except Gran Turismo. Seriously. I watched one of them play it once, and he was great. Any other game, they're drivel.

No. Again. They have this glazed look about them. This was confirmed when I saw one of them on The Games Extra (or whatever it ws called) interviewing someone:

"So...mate...what skills is you bringing to da table?" [Looks at crib sheet nodding like an epileptic Churchill mascot].

That isn't enthusiasm that's Class 101: presenting charisma - 0 Gs

The Guru can be amusing though although he veers wildly from being a twat to amusing too often to deserve anything other than 5 Gs (on the all new 10 G scale).

To be fair, I've only watched a handful of episodes and haen't yet been treated to the rvolutionary 10 G system.

Those two idiots know nothing except Gran Turismo. Seriously. I watched one of them play it once, and he was great. Any other game, they're drivel.

I said they love their games, not that they're any good at them. :o

"So...mate...what skills is you bringing to da table?" [Looks at crib sheet nodding like an epileptic Churchill mascot].

That isn't enthusiasm that's Class 101: presenting charisma - 0 Gs

I agree, they may not be a the best/most competent presenters in the world, but I do think they have genuine enthusiasm and enjoy it, which makes it fun. Maybe it's just me.

The Guru can be amusing though although he veers wildly from being a twat to amusing too often to deserve anything other than 5 Gs (on the all new 10 G scale).

But being a smug twat is part and parcel of his humour, isn't it? Makes me smile anyway.

I think by far the best element of the show is that it's based around the concept that games are fun, and it doesn't take itself too seriously. Something I think a lot of gamers could do well to remember. :angry:

I said they love their games, not that they're any good at them. ;)

But being a smug twat is part and parcel of his humour, isn't it? Makes me smile anyway.

I think by far the best element of the show is that it's based around the concept that games are fun, and it doesn't take itself too seriously. Something I think a lot of gamers could do well to remember. ^_^

They don't know their games. Seriously. You can TELL.

Talking of Gamesville becauseI got a TXT from them (yeah, yeah), anyway tomorrow they will have Project Zero 2, the power of Xbox 2, The Bard;s Tale and most important of all Full Spectrum Warrior ^_^

AGH, didn't PZ2 come out today? AGH.

The bigger of the two presenters is all wrong. He's confident in front of the camera, I'll give him that, but he's too "gangsta" for the subject material and just comes across as cliche.

I remember one show when he was discussing the Dandy racing game with the fat coloured guy out of the G team. His opening line was "Right, so we both love our comic books"...

I sat there thinking "ok, you dress, talk and act like you go to hip-hop clubs, and I'd wager your not adverse to a snort of the white stuff now and then... and we're meant to believe that you like nothing else than to sit down at the end of the day, with a mug of hot coco, and delve into your archive of Desperate Dan?"

Plus he's a right c0cky tw@t about his Tekken.

He gets 4 G's

The other presenter's alright though, the shorter one, that looks like Birmingham footballer Clinton Morrison.. Not quite so "gangsta" or cliche.

I'll give him 7 G's

The G Team obviously know their stuff. But they've picked the most nerdy assortment of individuals anywhere outside of a Jeff Minter convention.

5 G'

The structure of the show's quite nice, probably its strongest point in fact... factoring in reviews, previews, cheats face-offs, face-off commentary (though somewhat useless as it is) and a nice enough title sequence.

8 G's

The Guru rux0rs. Easily the best part of the show. Funny as fukk and he knows his stuff, quipping it with comic resentment for his "subjects" with palpable enjoyment. Only the fact that they all bow down to him, emperor stylee, stops him getting the top mark.

9 G's

Lastly, G ratings. Their out of ten, which is good, but they're not just numbers, their CALLED G RATINGS FFS.

6 G's

so overall, that's, err... 6.5.

G's ;)

You forgot the rather lovely Sarah (freebie girl, mobile expert, roving reporter etc) she gets 8 G's.

But more importantly they lost the gorgeous Lucy with her Frostrop-esque husky voice who scored a perfect 10 G's in my book.

Anyone see the Full Spectrum Warrior feature today? Five minutes of watching Sarah running around in camouflage gear, with a total of about 15-20 seconds of random footage from the game in-between.

Now that's informative television, folks!

its shit but i watch it. It's got a hell of a lot better in the past few months...the first dozen shows were utter gash.

i just wish they'd stop asking fucking kids questions.... put a kid on the spot, ask them a question and get fuck all response. Do they ever learn? Yeah and stop punching the air... it just looks uber wank.

You forgot the rather lovely Sarah (freebie girl, mobile expert, roving reporter etc) she gets 8 G's.

But more importantly they lost the gorgeous Lucy with her Frostrop-esque husky voice who scored a perfect 10 G's in my book.

Yes, she was fucking lovely. That voice. Mmmm.

Considering it goes out five times a week and it is clearly aimed at kids, teenagers and so forth I think it fufils the brief of what it was so obviously set.

Yeah I agree.

Having only got Sky recently I'm quite pleased with how much new game footage I'm getting to see without having the hassle of downloads.

I even watch that dodgy stuff on G@me Network...anyone else?

G(For Gavin..ahem) Ratings for all the shows are as follows:

GamePad4 8Gs

Gamezville 6Gs

Gamer.TV 5Gs

Electric Playground 5Gs

GameClip 3Gs

GamePlay 3Gs

Game Guru(on G@me Network, mind, not the intentionally funny one from Gamezville) -4,000,000 Gs (that's minus by the way) Nerve shreddingly inane and cheap looking.