IGNORED

Vice city, scottish tv

bplus

If they actually do a decent history of DMA like the first moments of the snippet suggest that might be worth watching. I'm sceptical however as the last image is of two little terrors snapped right out of an 80's Hasbro toy commercial complete with eveil demon eyes lookingh on menacingly at a transparent screen as we the viewer witness their impending moral and ethical fall into the darkness that is VICE CITY! :)

Where...?

Why you!

Just that people are dissing it when they don't know the content yet. Let's all watch it first of all, then we can criticise it for being tabloidific nonsense :)

This is natural behaviour for a community such as ours. Anything else would be considered abnormal! Objective conservatism and internet forums rarely go hand in hand when premature specualtion tastes so much better.

You fight like a dairy farmer.

Where...?

Why you!

Just that people are dissing it when they don't know the content yet. Let's all watch it first of all, then we can criticise it for being tabloidific nonsense ;)

Its just when it comes to stories like these, they are always the same, they could easily just blame the children, but then there would be no need for the vice city stuff. They always turn out the same.

Its just when it comes to stories like these, they are always the same, they could easily just blame the children, but then there would be no need for the vice city stuff. They always turn out the same.

I saw the advert and it seemd to be focusing on the great success that Rockstar North have had with GTA, and how it is coming into controversy over the recent issues in America (kids killing that driver, the over-reaction of the Haitian community), so I don't think it's going to be a one-sided argument as to why GTA is the devil, it seemed more like an 'Our buys done good' show to me, which will also look at why people are taking offence with the games.

It's on BBC2 this Tuesday in Scotland for sure, but I don't know about elsewhere in the UK, the programme seems to focus on the fact that Rockstar North are Scottish and might perhaps even celebrate their success as one of the leaders in the game development industry.

This is natural behaviour for a community such as ours. Anything else would be considered abnormal! Objective conservatism and internet forums rarely go hand in hand when premature specualtion tastes so much better.

I think some forum types like to feel 'misunderstood' and would probably disappointed should it turn out to be interesting and informative. God forbid the non-hardcore get involved. ;)

:angry:

I did find this however ;)

Edit - it was on BBC 1 afterall. Click meh

It's more than a video game, it's a global phenomenon. Grand Theft Auto has regularly topped the bestseller list and sold over 30 million copies worldwide. The game, originally designed in Dundee and still produced in Scotland, is credited with changing the face of the games industry. But, as Frontline Scotland discovers, it's now under attack from some lawyers in America. Ross McWilliam investigates their claims that the game is too violent, and is linked with several killings carried out by teenagers in the United States.

I think some forum types like to feel 'misunderstood' and would probably disappointed should it turn out to be interesting and informative. God forbid the non-hardcore get involved. :angry:

Probably true. The niche of cool and so on.