IGNORED

Green green sodding green

Juria

Yeah I dont understand the choice in green, apparently magazine publishes dont like covers in green becuase it is known to put people off.

it was a strange colour choice. i know that psychological tests have shown that humans are more likely to be cautious of green coloured things, because of the high amount of green coloured things that are poisonous or infectious (think of mucus).

If the regular Xbox's reliance on green is bad, the wonderful bogey-coloured special edition see through green Xbox has to top the tables in terms of utter lack of taste. At least the crystal ones go some way towards rectifying the situation, but they're pretty damn tacky-loking too. Transparent is waaay nineties, man.

Of course, no colour except silver can be truly classy. If a Platinum limited edition console is released, I will step over small children in shops to get one. :)

I dont mind it - nor do I mind the design of the Xbox although I wish it were smaller.

However, each system has a colour associated with it - as others have mentioned on here.

Funnily enough, the industrial designer of the Xbox said that the original reason for the green was he only had green markers on him in the initial phases of design.

Because everyone knows that Japan makes the best games. :)

I said stodgy american games, not all american games (pop is good, but not xbox exclusive..), and there's also more than just japanese developers apart from american ones.

it was a strange colour choice. i know that psychological tests have shown that humans are more likely to be cautious of green coloured things, because of the high amount of green coloured things that are poisonous or infectious (think of mucus).

Or sprouts.

green is a crap colour except for photosynthesis.

what are you, a tree?

My GC is purple. My GBA is purple. My cable extender for the cube is purple. My controller is purple. My GBA - GC connection cable is purple. When it boots up it's purple. How much more purple can it be!?

the point is though, GC is available in a range of colours, as are the GBA and controllers.

my GC is black, my GBAsp is silver, the GC>GBA cable is black.

all xboxes, official xbox controllers etc are black & green

all xboxes, official xbox controllers etc are black & green

In Europe the Xbox is available in black/green, transparent green and transparent, controllers are available in black/green, transparent green, transparent blue and transparent, and I have an official memory card that's transparent orange.

In Europe the Xbox is available in black/green, transparent green and transparent, controllers are available in black/green, transparent green, transparent blue and transparent, and I have an official memory card that's transparent orange.

well i had no idea about the controllers or memory cards (i dont own an xbox) but the difference console wise is that any different coloured xboxes are limited edition and hence more expensive and limited to collectors in most cases. wheras when you go to buy a new GC you always have the choice between black and purple.

well i had no idea about the controllers or memory cards (i dont own an xbox) but the difference console wise is that any different coloured xboxes are limited edition and hence more expensive and limited to collectors in most cases. wheras when you go to buy a new GC you always have the choice between black and purple.

Limited Edition, yes, but they aren't more expensive. The price increase of £10 is to cover the price of the controller (extra on, that is).

I like the green. It makes me feel good.