IGNORED

Really Great Endings

Thread Owner

Leon. Sad yet kind of happy, and some nice Sting music in the titles :D

Usual Suspects. Just cos it GOT me, right there. Mr Kobayashi indeed, he's probably called Ted.

Watership down. Loved the music, and it made me cry (when I was 5, ok?).

Phatom Menace. I was just glad it was over. It made me cry.

[i]The Phantom Menace[/i] does indeed have a really great ending: the hero is dead and so are hundreds of others in the occupation/battle so what survivors there are decide to have a party and [b]the most evil man in the entire fucking galaxy[/b] shows up and stands there smirking into his beer as he's just managed to get all these fuckwits to vote him into the most important and powerful position of office there is and they're walking around [b]congratulating[/b] him. Aces.

Another rubbish film with an ace ending - [i]Escape From L.A[/i]. Snake Plissken sends the entire planet back into the technological equivalent of the Dark Ages just because he's basically a miserable old cunt. Respect.

Robocop:

The Old Man: Nice shooting, son. What's your name?

RoboCop: Murphy.

Cue that fucking amazing Basil Pouledoris theme.

That insanely dark ending to Don't Look Now.

The operatic grandeur of The Killer's finale.

The A-bombs exploding to Vera Lynn's 'We'll Meet Again (Some sunny day) in Dr. Strangelove.

The starchild in 2001.

Planet of the Apes:

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP. DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

Pulp Fiction. Jules and Vincent walk away. One to his death, the other to a new life. 'Surf Rider' plays.

Withnail & I - I find the ending of this quite sad as they say goodbye in the park. I wish Bruce Robinson had filmed the alternative ending though, the one where Withnail goes back to the flat, fills the barrels of the shotgun up with Monty's wine then blows his head off.

Platoon - The final battle

Dirty Harry - Where Callahan shoots Scorpio then throws his badge into the water

Seven has an absolutely brilliant ending.

I guessed what was going to happen though, the only sin left with his pretty wife at home? Too obvious.

I guessed what was going to happen though, the only sin left with his pretty wife at home? Too obvious.

It's stilll good though. The build up with those chilling quotes from Jonh Doe and the final line of the film: very good. It's an ending with balls, the kind you don't see very often coming from Hollywood.

Another good one: The Iron Giant. If it doesn't move you, you're made of stone.

Schindlers List. I can’t remember the exact ending because I haven’t seen it in years but I remember a scene at the end where he takes of his ring and is distraught because the price of it could have saved several Jewish lives. This was a deeply moving and affecting end to the film.