rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Swainy

gamesTM issue 18

ohh what a fucking surprise. Yet another gamestm score thread degenerates into an "Edge is the best, gamesTM is shit" topic.

Why not write our retro section for us Bunta and Sandman, you can obviously do a better job than what I'll be attempting in the next few months :)

ohh what a fucking surprise. Yet another gamestm score thread degenerates into an "Edge is the best, gamesTM is shit" topic.

Why not write our retro section for us Bunta and Sandman, you can obviously do a better job than what I'll be attempting in the next few months :rolleyes:

Chill out dude!

To be fair, it also degenerated into a conversation about 1950's science fiction.

And this can only be a good thing.

Top be fair, it also degenerated into a conversation about 1950's science fiction.

That's true :rolleyes:

I didn't even want to mention Cacky and co...

Why not write our retro section for us Bunta and Sandman, you can obviously do a better job than what I'll be attempting in the next few months :rolleyes:

I would love to write the retro section for Games TM. or at least provide some help with the layout ( which is where the problem lies IMO ).

I would love to write the retro section for Games TM. or at least provide some help with the layout ( which is where the problem lies IMO ).

Well I'm more than happy to do a job swap...

To be fair, it also degenerated into a conversation about 1950's science fiction.

There was also a brief (but enjoyable) foray into the possibility of ontological certainties.

Oh and thanks for the explanation regarding 'Klaatu barada nikto', Clive. Clearly in geek terms I am Wong Fei Hung to your Drunken Master.

I bow to you.

Or you could ACTUALLY do some work as opposed to arguing on an internet games forum. Your customer base is complaining about the quality of your product. Do you and Mart go and prove them wrong? No..That would be to easy. You just argue with them instead.

Well Done :rolleyes:

Great! :rolleyes:

For your information I'm an office manager in an insurance brokers ( Sorry, but I turned down the Man United managers job a few months back - damn! ).

I do have some experience of mag writing from some time back though.

There was also a brief (but enjoyable) foray into the possibility of ontological certainties.

Oh and thanks for the explanation regarding 'Klaatu barada nikto', Clive. Clearly in geek terms I am Wong Fei Hung to your Drunken Master.

I bow to you.

no he's not! I knew all that anyway! OOOOOOOOO!

Or you could ACTUALLY do some work as opposed to arguing on an internet games forum. Your customer base is complaining about the quality of your product. Do you and Mart go and prove them wrong? No..That would be to easy. You just argue with them instead.

Of course, seeing as this thread is meant to be about GamesTM, you could argue that Strider is conducting research on his product.

And that reading high-quality posts like yours (or this one) are simply wasting his time.

I think the Retro section's a bloody great read, and the magazine doesn't have hilarious errors like it used to.

"Desert Strike spawned a sequel - Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf". :rolleyes:

Need to cut down on the filler, though. Nobody gives a fuck about 2-page ancient game guides.

Of course, seeing as this thread is meant to be about GamesTM, you could argue that Strider is conducting research on his product.

And that reading high-quality posts like yours (or this one) are simply wasting his time.

I just cant help but think that maybe their time could be better spent?

Not thats its any of my business.

They obviously would like a larger reader base, so why argue with potential customers?

Well it appears that Edge fanboys are the ones doing the majority of the complaining. According to the survey that's come back, they're clearly in the majority.

I think the Retro section's a bloody great read, and the magazine doesn't have hilarious errors like it used to.

It's funny you should say that, after Offcial PlayStation mag won last night's award (well done chaps) we thought about running the were brilliant subscription page again :rolleyes:

Well it appears that Edge fanboys are the ones doing the majority of the complaining. According to the survey that's come back, they're clearly in the majority.

But they still buy your mag if they completed the survey…

I appreciate strider and the boys stopping by: it's especially helpful when strider, explains why he marked down SB: LoC, for instance, and its good having them around the place. But they'd be crazy to carry on a load of arguments in the name of feedback / market research. The "feedback" folder was one of the things that killed the old forum.

Speaking as an Edge fanboy, I'm sorry I don't rate gamesTM as highly as Edge (but I'm irrational about Edge anyway). If it makes you feel better, I have zero interest in any other game magazine on the newsstands, but I really like what you're trying to do with GamesTM. Keep it up!

I appreciate strider and the boys stopping by: it's especially helpful when strider, explains why he marked down SB: LoC, for instance, and its good having them around the place. But they'd be crazy to carry on a load of arguments in the name of feedback / market research. The "feedback" folder was one of the things that killed the old forum.

Speaking as an Edge fanboy, I'm sorry I don't rate gamesTM as highly as Edge (but I'm irrational about Edge anyway). If it makes you feel better, I have zero interest in any other game magazine on the newsstands, but I really like what you're trying to do with GamesTM. Keep it up!

Cheers for the kind words :rolleyes:

It's funny you should say that, after Offcial PlayStation mag won last night's award (well done chaps) we thought about running the were brilliant subscription page again :rolleyes:

OPSM2?

Oh dear.

If you argue with him, he will only get stronger y`know and more convinced he is right....

Actually Cacophonus may be right for all I know (and care), but to be honest the way he says things just makes me wish I could blank all his posts and their replies. ah well.

That said theres a lesson I was taught at college which was that you can spend a year doing the most intricate walk cycle known to man, it can have the most perfect joints and all that and at the end of the day the public would look at it and say well thats ok, it`s a walk cycle. Stick a lens flare up it`s bottom and they`d say woooowwwww thats cool. The impression I get is that if I wanted a game that would be as fun to play as reading a phone book I`ll pm Cacy. otherwise I`d go with the one he`s spending a couple of pages grumping about.

Anyways, as for Games tm, haven`t got the issue yet. Do aim to, but I said that last month and never got around to it. Mainly for the same reason that I cry a little when I see the word Cacofony in the thread. The content may be worth a read, but the presentation and style just doesn`t do it for me.

You make a good point

Games TM is not even close to Edge, but it is by far the 2nd best games mag on the market.

I love Games TM and feel its much better than Edge, everything reminds me of mags during the turn of the 32bit era when everyone was excited and wondering what was next, while still looking back on the old machines, plus the colours and layout are very cheerful too. Its just the overall tone of everyone loving games and having fun that i enjoy, its like the best bits of Sega Power, Edge, DC-uk and so on.

An award.

The sad thing is that it's not even shocking anymore for such a shit-slathered rag to win an award.

OPSM2 has no relevance. I'm bemused as to who buys it and surely Sony are going to hand over the licence to someone else. Like Paul Raymond Publications.