IGNORED

The Streets

Mitchell

Except that he's from Birmingham.

Mike was actually born at Barnet General hospital, North London, where i was, lived in Oakroyd Avenue, Potters Bar until he was around 5, and then moved to Birmingham due to family commitments.

He has now since moved back to East Barnet/Oakleigh Park.

EDIT: Think Das Tapen needs to get his leg over. Such an agressive young man.

I think it's practically nothing next to the first album, but it's still pretty good.

Some decent tracks, in fact just about all of them are... it just doesn't seem to have that same energy that the first did.

Bollocks and posturing aside, what is out of ten? And next to the first album?

Not as poptastic, and a lot, er, slower. Less instruments don't need to make for less good mind. Just takes a while to get into.

In fact, it's probably more of a well balanced album, there's no standout shit tracks at least.

Bollocks and posturing aside, what is out of ten? And next to the first album?

OPM = 9/10

AGDCFF= 8/10

In Edge style scoring. Both 10's if you were reading Official Streets Magazine.

I have managed to miss The Streets completely...until this single 'You are fit' or whatever it's called.

'I think it is really shit...' ;)

Is all their stuff as dreadful as this? It sounds like a bunch of townie pricks who can barely string a sentence together. The sort of fools you'd avoid like the plague if you saw them out clubbing. 8)

:wub:

Is all 'their' stuff as dreadful as this? It sounds like a bunch of townie pricks who can barely string a sentence together. The sort of fools you'd avoid like the plague if you saw them out clubbing.

*sighs*

All this ''townie/chav'' nonsense is really getting out of hand. Now, people keep taking the piss out of The Streets, but as a Londoner I really connect with their style.

I love some of the lyrics. They're such an honest, down-to-earth look at things, and the life they speak of is so familiar that I can't help be drawn in. And yet they can still be beautiful and even philisophical.

Bah, anyway.

But he's from Birmingham :D fucking mockney. I'm from London too and I think he's shit on a stick.

:D

This has already been addressed in this thread. He's about as much from Birmingham as I am, and I lived there for over 7 years.

Finally got a 'Yarr!' version today. Not what I expected at all so far... I like, but I'm a bit confused - OPM Pt. 2 this ain't.

That track where he's describing coming up on pills is brilliant.

He doesn't seem to listen.

Who cares, if you're shit it doesn't matter where you're from. I apologise for not knowing his life story, what colour pants is he wearing today?

I was in a car last night and Radio 1 played Dry Your Eyes at 8:30pm and they accidently played the album version with the (kinda poor sounding "...I'm not gonna fuckin' just fuckin'..." which they apologised prefusly for.

Anyway, that song actually brought a tear to my eye, I can admit. Crikey! That hasn't happened since Jeff Buckley's Last Goodbye. It was just one line that did it. Aww.

I guess this is the best place to ask this:

The other day, I heard a new Streets song on the radio. It was about getting dumped and moving on with your life. I distinctly remember the chorus having the lyrics "There's plenty more fish in the sea."

Can anyone tell me what it's called? I really think it could be the most appallingly bad song I've ever heard in my life, so I need to download it to laugh some more.

I'm serious, by the way.

This just dropped through my letter box, good old play.

I do wonder now if the version that appeared on the net a few weeks ago was the final version, ive noticed the beginning of 'Get out of my house'; is slightly longer. Might just be the beginning of the tune wasn't completely ripped though on the version that went up.

I can't see what people's problem with Mike Skinner is, he just seems like an everday bloke to me - gets drunk, smokes weed, goes to clubs, has relationships. What's not to relate to? His first album was almost constantly on when I lived with some mates. It's good to hear a genuinely British voice in the charts instead of all the US pimps and hoes nonsense. There's certainly some better UK rappers kicking around the underground but I like Skinner's style, even if he does try to cram too much into some of the lines. It's more spoken word than anything, the UK Buck 65?

The new album is pretty good though, Blinded by the lights is the best song on first listen - the bit when the pills kick in gives me goose pimples ;) It's more of an album than the first, certainly less obvious singles.

The new album is pretty good though, Blinded by the lights is the best song on first listen - the bit when the pills kick in gives me goose pimples ;) It's more of an album than the first, certainly less obvious singles.

The strange synthy noises in that track sound spookily like how music sounds when you're on pills. And the line "tastes like hairspray" brought a smile to my face.

Empty Cans is majestic in my opinion. And how often do you get an album with a twist in the end?

Been listening to this for a week, I loved OPM and couldn't wait for this...a week in and its relly got me, it is a grower and as a few other posts have said its something i can relate to in loads of places, blinded by the lights reminds me of nights in clubs, and dry your eyes is just fantastic.

I also really like the track when he come back of holiday and his conscience is getting the better of him, for cheating on his girlfriend, Top top album just takes a bit of listenting to.

I love the way he just rabbits on about everyday life, the line about having to be in a certain spot in his flat to get a signal on his phone sounded very familar. And i think the way he doesn't try to be black is great, the line in OPM when hes talking about girls and he says " Around here we say birds not bitches" just shows hes not trying to be something he isn't.

Looking forward to seeing them in Brum next week.

This has grown and grown on me. Great album.

I do wonder now if the version that appeared on the net a few weeks ago was the final version, ive noticed the beginning of 'Get out of my house'; is slightly longer. Might just be the beginning of the tune wasn't completely ripped though on the version that went up.

Yeah, been thinking that since I first heard it.

I love the way he just rabbits on about everyday life, the line about having to be in a certain spot in his flat to get a signal on his phone sounded very familar. And i think the way he doesn't try to be black is great, the line in OPM when hes talking about girls and he says " Around here we say birds not bitches" just shows hes not trying to be something he isn't.

Theres another bit where he thinks he's lost his phone only to find it in his pocket.

How many times does that happen to me?

He's an observational comic in some ways.

I love the way he doesn't feel the need that everything has to rhyme.

Then again there are other moments where it seems he has done that, and it makes it cringeworthy for a second or two.