IGNORED

Driv3r

jeroenr

.::: DRIV3R should've (and was conceptualized to have) played like a movie. It is there to entertain. You don't derive entertainment form limiting realistic factors. You derive it from elements that enhance.

In GT realism enhances the driving experience. But adding such a system to GTA would've killed the gameflow instantly.

Even lampposts can suffer from this effect.

I never played the 2nd

liked the 1st

maybe expectations are just too high these days.

No wonder Valve pulled an insurance job on half life 2

Galleon seems to be getting the same sort of flak.

and I am hoping thelack of 1 player screens and footage of Halo2 aren't an omen.

maybe it's what u expect from a game these days.

I just want a blast for 30 - hour tops as thats all I can spend time wise these days.

Galleon gets flak because it was shit, simple as that. Thre are people who are willing to overlook it's many problems and still have fun with it, and we've all done that in the past, but the fact remians that it has flaws which are inherintly bad and have nothing to do with opinion. The same applies to driver.

I didn't like Metroid Prime, in fact I hated it, but it was purely based on the gameplay and my inability to get enjoyment out of it. I could never say it was a shit game because it didn't have any major technical issues. Driv3r does have issues which are bad irresepective of your opinion of it.

?

and.

Is it unkool to like transformers now.

I get it mr mainsrteam gamer is the impression I give.. yeah?

King of the fighters 2003 Neo Geo AES is my latest purchase by the way.

And you?

Amusement.

I'm a 25 year old gamer who learnt to type and spell a long time ago - it helps fit in with the generally accepted convention on this board (even if it would make me look silly on something like GamesFAQ...). *

And my point was merely that:

(i) You've a low number of posts. (Nothing wrong with that).

(ii) The posts you have made in discussion have been about games published by Atari. (Nothing wrong with that).

(iii) The post about Driver 3 was so utterly at odds with the rest of the discussion that it seemed that this was worth commenting about.

* We're just breaking your balls :rolleyes::( :(

I'd like to have seen a poll.

With options being 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

The largest amound of people per number then gives you its final score, which i'll mathmatically incorperate into my own review score (which consists of all the magazines review scores added up and divided by the number of mags) for the final review score.

Thats the accurate way.

Testing out the new Xbox Amiga emulator with Shadow of the Beast shows that this isn't the first Martin Edmonson / Reflections game to have been overhyped rubbish where all the dev time has been spent on shiny extras at the expense of a game. At least that had lots of parallax scrolling.

Footnote: I haven't played Driv3r.

(i) You've a low number of posts. (Nothing wrong with that).

he's been on here for years as DJLuckyStrike :)

so far that statement is the wrongest thing to come out of wrong land on the day of the wrong festival in the month of wrong.

no. Galleon is fucking shit of the lowest order and the sooner we stop tolerating games of that quality, the sooner games start getting better.

no. Galleon is fucking shit of the lowest order and the sooner we stop tolerating games of that quality, the sooner games start getting better.

Galleon = Quite good, if flawed. See Edge review.

Driver 3 = Monumentally broken, free of any fun or imagination. See forthcoming Edge review.

And that's that.

Not to go off topic. but so far that statement is the wrongest thing to come out of wrong land on the day of the wrong festival in the month of wrong.

Wrong.

You haven't played it as much as I have, wait until you play all the way through (If you stick at it that long) and then tell me if you're still so in love with this game.

Galleon = Quite good, if flawed. See Edge review.

I bypassed Edge's review and went straight through to my opinion based on many hours of playing the game rather than what one person said about it in a magazine which is known for occasionaly going against the grain for what seems to be the sheer hell of it.

I don't want to turn this into a Galleon rant as I think I'm becoming obsessed with the bloody thing but I can see why people may be able to tolerate its flaws and try to have fun with it. That's fine and dandy, and I wish you the best. What really gets on my nerves more than words can express is people outright denying the obvious. Sychronated Undertaker got it just right when he said we need to stop tolerating major flaws in games. Galleon and Driv3r are actualy good games spoilt by cack handedness when it came to putting great ideas into actual code.

It's fucking bollocks that I can clip through the scenery and fall off in certain parts of the game and I'm then REQUIRED to use that very scenery as a way to progress on another level. It's shit that an action game with mandatory fighting sections has the sort of fighting system and implementation that wouldn't look out of place on a Spectrum game. It's rubbish that a DRIVING game can't boody well get driving sections done right.

At the end of the day if people keep giving mediocre/flawed games good reviews and people actualy make excuses for these games then fuck it, enjoy your broken games.