IGNORED

Driv3r

jeroenr

I think the first city is quite nicely realised - apart from the slowdown. But why oh why after all the big budget spend on fancy internet adverts etc. didn't they spend a few quid on animation? It's fucking dreadful and kills and realism they were striving for.

Glitches and general horribleness is what really killed it for me, grabbing someone outta the TOP of a car straight through it, jumping out of a moving car and rolling backwards had me and my friend in a laughter fit! Least the car models look nice ahem.

Also pop up is just my pet hate when it comes to games, a car actually popped up in oncoming traffic so much that at the speed i was doing i had no chance to actually stop or avoid it. What the hell have they done to this game for the past XXyears??!

I really dont want to play it personally and from what i played i would give it a 5/10 score, word of mouth will probly make or break this game and Atari as a company. 10Million sales is gonna be big to hit!

He's also the guy who said that ETM was the most important game released since Halo.

By the same token, he does (well, presumably) get paid to write absolute bollocks, so he's obviously doing something right somewhere.

Criminal genius, s'what I think.

Utter and complete bollocks!

driver_screen024.jpg561983_20040602_screen001.jpg

Certainly alot better than GTA3 + VC

I didn't say it looked exactly like a Playstation game - obviously it looks better, but nowhere near as good as it should look considering what else is out there now. People and vehicles pop up from about 50 yards in front of your vehicle, buildings are nothing but blandly detailed boxes, lighting and water effects are all well below par. With stuff like Transformers and Burnout 2 gracing the PS2 there's not really any excuse for stuff this ropey.

That screenshot looks more like the XBox version, by the way.

After reading page after page of negative pop up bullshit, crap speed, and blocky buildings I was expecting the worst.

It's bloody marvelous on X box anyway!

The replays look magnificent the handling is not light attall. And I beg to differ on the above.

Are the critics palying the finished version or a ripped code?

And the bikes oh the bikes.

Ignore the hype it's probably Rockstar flaming.

It is thoroughly enjoyable not genre breaking but really great fun and worth a purchase oh yes.

:rolleyes:

After reading page after page of negative pop up bullshit, crap speed, and blocky buildings I was expecting the worst.

It's bloody marvelous on X box anyway!

The replays look magnificent the handling is not light attall. And I beg to differ on the above.

Are the critics palying the finished version or a ripped code?

And the bikes oh the bikes.

Ignore the hype it's probably Rockstar flaming.

It is thoroughly enjoyable not genre breaking but really great fun and worth a purchase oh yes.

:(

I'm sorry, but are you sure you weren't playing a different game? I've played it and it's as bas as everyone has been saying.

Drive straight into a lamp post, it jerks like hell.

The shooting, and death animations are terrible. Theres no real kick to the shooting and the animations are terrible.

Put a car into reverse and watch the animation as Tanner turns around to look behind him? Whats that? You don't see any animation, just a straight head turn?! :rolleyes:

Pop up is terrible, visuals are severely lacking and the controls are dire in my opinion. It's really bad.

Well, I got it from Game today. While it's not terrible it has some pretty serious flaws. I was amazed at how much pop up there was, worst I've seen in a long time. The on-foot sections are distinctly average and the driving is far too twitchy. I'm just annoyed that so much budget was wasted on those Ridley Scott films/ads when this game could have been fantastic with a bit more time and investment.

I'm afraid it's going back to Game. Now when does Full Spectrum Warrior come out?

Has it actually been officially released yet? Because the only place I saw it on sale today was MVC (unless I'm blind). The two Games in town had boxes on the shelves, but they were just to Pre-order it. By the way it was £34.99 in MVC and the cardboard display unit had that price printed on it too.

Despite all the negative comments I was really tempted to buy it, but as I have already have a huge back-log of games to get through I decided against it.

When I think of bad pop up I recall Daytona on the Saturn.

It aint bothering me to be honest.

I just love cars screeching tyres and chases.

Still having fun.

Can all the developers, programmers and game artists say I before their posts when complaining about this.

As I have a theory here.

Funny that the only ones really positive about the game have very little posts.

How many people posting have the finished game?

As there is quite alot of difference apparently from the last ripped version going round on the net.

The Americans are responding to this. Check the Gamefaq board.

As there is quite alot of difference apparently from the last ripped version going round on the net.

.::: Ok, ok, I'll forget all the glitches and bugs already. (And the finished game has been available for two days now in shops around here.)

Can all the developers, programmers and game artists say I before their posts when complaining about this.

As I have a theory here.

Are you saying that people are dissing it because they're jealous?

Pfft, you're not onto anything, trust me.

So you don't mind the camera being so close to the car it obstructs your view? That hitting almost anything is pretty much an instant mission failure? That the poor handling makes this almost impossible to avoid? That the AI is dire beyond belief, and that it's possible to find the spots which activate enemies? That the on foot sections are a complete chore?

bollocks, I had the pirated version on my HDD since early this week, and got a legit copy today (which is going back tomorow for damned sure), and they're identical.

This happens every time a game gets pirated early and turns out to be technically shit, all the people who havn't played it (which is gonna be pretty much everyone on gamefaqs) go on and on about how it's just problems with the pirated copy. Do you really think they'd have managed to fix huge glaring errors in the game and then press (or burn, or whatever the fuck you do with mass CD production) a hundred thousand copies in a week?

anyone that says this game doesn't have major framerate and popup issues is lying, either out of some strange wish to fool themselves that the game they were so looking forward to isn't poor, or becuase they have a vested interest.

to be sure, there are some good things about the game, the damage is impressive (although still not up to carmageddon 2 standards), and the way the cars blow apart when they finally go up is great, but it isn't going to save it from being utterly bog standard.

I never played the 2nd

liked the 1st

maybe expectations are just too high these days.

No wonder Valve pulled an insurance job on half life 2

Galleon seems to be getting the same sort of flak.

and I am hoping thelack of 1 player screens and footage of Halo2 aren't an omen.

maybe it's what u expect from a game these days.

I just want a blast for 30 - hour tops as thats all I can spend time wise these days.

Well i got it now and my verdict, i like it alot. It still has the Driver feel to it, I played and finished PS1 versions of Driver 1 & 2 and i'm glad to say this 3rd series does pretty much make it the best of the series.

You know when you post in Discussion for the first time?

( Incidentally, the last discussion thread Dave posted in frequently was the one

about Transformers... )

[ And I was going to accuse Napoleon of being cynical. Whoops. ]

You know when you post in Discussion for the first time?

( Incidentally, the last discussion thread Dave posted in frequently was the one

about Transformers... )

[ And I was going to accuse Napoleon of being cynical. Whoops. ]

?

and.

Is it unkool to like transformers now.

I get it mr mainsrteam gamer is the impression I give.. yeah?

King of the fighters 2003 Neo Geo AES is my latest purchase by the way.

And you?

Never even took notice that Atari was behind them both.

As a 33 year old gamer who has watched the rise fall rise fall rise of Atari

I couldn't care less.

I have anew atitude towards reviews lately give em a go courtesy of Games 10 day return.

and what would you like the lamp posts to do when you hit them wipe yor windscreen and give you a song?