Driv3r

jeroenr

It's shit, OK? waste your money on it if you want, but when I saw it, it just depressed the hell out of me.

I'm buying it in the hope that it won't depress the hell out of me. And due to the fact that the only complaints so far have not been leveled at any aspects of the driving (bar the short allocated distance for chasing missions).

I may be proven wrong but hopefully I'll enjoy the director mode if nothing else. B)

A lot of these games can sound far worse in the printed word though. I mean "iffy framerates" sound extremely off putting, but when you're actually playing the game, the occasional judder very rarely ruins the experience. It's pretty obvious Driv3r is going to be far from the AAA title a lot of us had hoped for, but it doesn't mean it's not going to satisfy in some areas.

The thing that pisses me off is the fact that this massively flawed game will sell in the millions, when fantastic gems such as Beyond Good and Evil and Prince Of Persia struggle to sell 100,000 copies. Really pisses me off. ;)

To most of those millions of people, Driv3r is the 'better' game.

"Christ, this is shit. And this was 45 quid? When's San Andreas out?"

or "If this is the best videogaming can offer (according to the mags I've read, and as the premium price suggests) then fuck this gaming thingie for a lark, I've better things to spend my cash on".

This game sucks so bad. SO BAD. So bad.

I can just see the meeting those wacky execs at "Atari" had a couple of years back:

Exec 1: Hey, let's spend fifty quid developing this thing, keep half of that for a round at the pub - who the fuck wants a finished game anyway - and another £3 million on PR and advertising!

Exec 2: Let's do it. And put another fiver on the retail price for the whores and coke. It'll be AMAZING.

Poet: AMAZING SQUAD

Exec 1: Who the fuck are you?

The thing that pisses me off is the fact that this massively flawed game will sell in the millions, when fantastic gems such as Beyond Good and Evil and Prince Of Persia struggle to sell 100,000 copies. Really pisses me off. ;)

Yeah but if people want to race around cities in a variety of vehicles they're not going to get much out of BGE and POP.

Is Driv3r worse than True Crime and The Getaway? (Mainly thinking about the driving action here, rather than the game as a whole)

Yeah but if people want to race around cities in a variety of vehicles they're not going to get much out of BGE and POP.

Is Driv3r worse than True Crime and The Getaway? (Mainly thinking about the driving action here, rather than the game as a whole)

I think the Getaway provides an infinately better driving and on foot around a city experience.

Driver 3 deserves all the abuse it can get.

Its tripe.

There are some fantastic videos I could show you (If I could capture video properly). You can't kill an enemy if the cursor isn't red, and it won't turn red if there's even a tiny obstruction, no matter if you have a clear shot or not. Witness me shooting at an enemy who's in front of a cardboard box, and the box jumping up into the air, flailing about as i riddle it with bullets while the enemy stands on looking gormless. Not good.

Also, the AI is pathetic. Enemies will often just crouch down in front of you until you shoot them. They make no attempt to dodge (or move at all come to think of it) and are essentially just targets for you to take down at your leisure.

Also, the AI is pathetic. Enemies will often just crouch down in front of you until you shoot them. They make no attempt to dodge (or move at all come to think of it) and are essentially just targets for you to take down at your leisure.

Well if it makes the shit on foot sections easier to get through, then that's all good, surely? ;)