IGNORED

Tool

Hoop

Now - pinch of salt - but this thread reminded me that Kerraig formerly of this parish posted about MJK punching a girl in the face on a tour bus. It doesn't prove or disprove anything, it just stuck in my head from 4 years ago. 

On 29/03/2022 at 12:51, SharkyOB said:

I suppose we all believe what we want to, especially in the face of absolutely no evidence.

Lol. There's no evidence, if you ignore people's statements that are easily found online. 

12 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Lol. There's no evidence, if you ignore people's statements that are easily found online. 

That's not evidence, do you believe everything you read online?  These allegations came to nothing and you'd think if there was anything substantial to them, it would have come out with the way the world has changed over the last few years.

Just now, SharkyOB said:

That's not evidence, do you believe everything you read online?  These allegations came to nothing and you'd think if there was anything substantial to them, it would have come out with the way the world has changed over the last few years.

Again, we can choose to believe what we want. 

It seems to be an open secret. There was references to it on groupie forums back in the day. 

You are very naive if you really think that everyone that has been an abuser will have their comeuppance because of the way things are 'these days'. 

I'm not saying it's an open and shut case, but it doesn't really look great. 

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we can move away from unsubstantiated rumours for a bit and talk about the upcoming shows?

Who's going and to which ones?  I'll be at the Manchester show and I can't wait!!  I've seen them twice before (Manchester on the 10,000 Days tour and Download 2019) and it's been an incredible experience both times.

I’m going to Birmingham, it’ll be the 4th time I’ve seen them - Ozzfest (?) at Milton Keynes in 2001, then Wembley and Brixton on the 10,000 Days tour. Epic each time, although probably fair to say the Ozzfest crowd didn’t really know what to make of them. 

both nights at the o2, got second row seats for night #2 and front block but nearer the middle for night #1

skipped them on the 10,000 days tour as honestly didn't think it would be this long between proper indoor shows (although did see them at lollapalooza in chicago in 2009 I think?)

last indoor tool show I went to was brixton in 2002 which is a long long time ago now.....

I remember that show, on the Lateralus tour if I recall. 

I’m seeing them on the Monday, last time I see them was with Mastodon at Wembley and I didn’t enjoy the sound in the arena at all.

• 2 weeks later...

That Manchester show was amazing. Shout out to the guy behind me* who was so in to it, three notes in to every song he was like "IT'S THE PATIENT!!!" etc. and was practically in tears the whole night.

*I might have just been having an out-of-body experience

I saw them in Birmingham, epic is a pretty good description. I could listen to Justin’s bass sound all day.

My mate has been a fan since Lateralus but has never been able to see them live, so he was quite emotional for a lot of it.

Early on in the show Maynard said something along the lines of ‘Hello Birmingham! You’re much more lively than Manchester. Fuck those guys, eh?’ :lol:

Just got in from tonight's show at the O2 Arena in London. 

Fantastic show in spite of having the world’s worst people in the row behind us (chatting utter shit at top volume all the way through, kicking the seat backs, spilling their drinks over us, they were just awful).

image.thumb.png.22c117d80dfc56aaab4548f4ddd92019.png

If anyone's going tomorrow night you should be in for a treat. 

Tool were excellent last night. Fantastic visuals and they pulled out some of the classics, which still sound utterly monstrous.

We had a few spare seats where we were so wasn’t overly crowded. In fairness, the chaps next to us apologised in advance for the vigorous gesticulation and air drumming throughout the set.

Spoilered for the sake of anyone who's still going to a show on this tour:

Spoiler

I was highly surprised to hear the opening band playing Stinkfist, and even more so later in their set when they busted out all of Forty Six & 2. Gutsy. 

7 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

Spoilered for the sake of anyone who's still going to a show on this tour:

Hide contents

I was highly surprised to hear the opening band playing Stinkfist, and even more so later in their set when they busted out all of Forty Six & 2. Gutsy. 

They probably encouraged that so 

Spoiler

they didn’t have to play them. But we did get Opiate, Pushit and Ticks & Leeches last night, which was a good thing.

8 hours ago, danbot said:

Show was cool on Monday and also encouraged me to give Fear Inoculum another shot which I'm now really getting in to.

It does require some work, but absolutely love it now. The sign of a classic.

On 07/05/2022 at 10:49, El Stevo said:

That Manchester show was amazing. Shout out to the guy behind me* who was so in to it, three notes in to every song he was like "IT'S THE PATIENT!!!" etc. and was practically in tears the whole night.

*I might have just been having an out-of-body experience

It was incredible. I've seen them 3 times now and this was defo the best. Such an amazing set and I'm so made up they played Pushit 😍

1 minute ago, Jammy said:

It does require some work, but absolutely love it now. The sign of a classic.

Yep. Been listening to it a lot today.

I love Invincible.

Just now, SharkyOB said:

It was incredible. I've seen them 3 times now and this was defo the best. Such an amazing set and I'm so made up they played Pushit 😍

It seems incredible that the last time I saw them was nearly 16 years ago at Hammersmith. Lazy fuckers 😆

3 minutes ago, danbot said:

Yep. Been listening to it a lot today.

I love Invincible.

I think Invincible was my gateway into the album. Then Pneuma - if you haven’t seen the Danny Carey live drumcam of him performing Pneuma on YouTube, please do, it’s extraordinary. Love it all now.