rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hoop

Tool

I don't much like Tool, but I was reading the Radio Times earlier and apparently theres a radio programme about them tonight on Radio 2.

Thought I'd let you know.

Both Horribleman and myself have expressed disappiontment at never having seen Tool play Eulogy live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbbMDje964...related&search= This, suggests a lucky escape. Bit of a kick in the teeth to the Maynard is the best singer Evaaar crowd too. THIS is what Tool were like when I saw them before with regard to no interaction and crappy stage presence. Makes the Hammersmith gig memories ones to savour even more IMO. I'm really glad I went now given that I can see all their future gigs being arena ones.

Are they worth going to see because theyre playing in Dublin soon and I'm not the biggest fan. But I do like some of their stuff and I always enjoy live music and gigs. This tickets are 40 quid and I'm just wondering from someone who has seen them before is it worth the money to go and see them?

I don't much like Tool, but I was reading the Radio Times earlier and apparently theres a radio programme about them tonight on Radio 2.

Thought I'd let you know.

Does anyone know the name of this show? I'm looking for it on Listen again...

For someone that supposedly loves the band, how come practically every one of your posts has such a negative tone, WahWah?

Anyway, I'm going to the Cardiff date because I want to see my favaourite band play live. :)

a big boy said:

For someone that supposedly loves the band, how come practically every one of your posts has such a negative tone, WahWah?

Anyway, I'm going to the Cardiff date because I want to see my favaourite band play live. :P

Dunno, I'm negatively charged I supposed. I was pretty positive about them in my gig review thread I think. I don't love them anymore though. I think they're "alright" now. :(

EDIT: Actually, this has made me think. I don't think I've said "OMG! Tool what a shit band!" or expressed a similar sentiment at all. I've said I thought the latest album was a disappointment and that I don't think Maynard James Keenan is the greatest singer of all time. He is pretty good though. Personally I don't think it's necessary to reiterate things that are constantly said about Tool or that the bands I like are an extension of my own worth. If I did think that I'd probably constantly argue about how Danny's the best drummer ever and anyone who thinks different is wrong.

I also think Tool draw this fanatical following of people who seem to have to do the above but extend it out to how it's the most emotional, technical and intelligent music ever. Which obviously it's not. It is pretty good though and amongst their other mainstream peers Tool are doing something a little bit more technical. Because I've been into the band for a long time I'm fairly sick of that fanboyish attitude and I'm quick to react to it (and yeah, sorry but I thought Bastion was guilty of it, doesn't mean I hate him or anything). Really though, who cares all that much about it? Obviously I did because I felt so let down and was putting out what I thought and felt. It's only a band, only an album and doesn't matter that much at all but I was disappointed and so perhaps it's me who's too involved.

In your face! My negative tone is because I like them more. :(

Found this clip of Tool doing the altered mid section in Stinkfist, when I saw them do it a while ago I thought it was the coolest thing ever. See what you think.

Mastodon are supporting! Sweet lord!

Indeed. Shame it's at the woeful Wembley Arena.

You know when you've got those horrendous preset sounds on your stereo, you know, like 'pop' 'rock' 'classical'. Well, the Wembley Arena sounds like 'Church'.

I'm pissed off. I made the executive decision not to buy a Tool ticket, because:

- I don't do arena shows if I can help it

- I saw Tool at Donington (and they weren't as good as the previous 3 times I'd seen em)

- 10,000 Days entirely underwhelmed me.

So they wait until Manchester's standing tickets are sold out until they announce Mastodon as support. For fuck's sake. I'd've snapped up a ticket immediately if I knew that was the case :(

I'm pissed off. I made the executive decision not to buy a Tool ticket, because:

- I don't do arena shows if I can help it

- I saw Tool at Donington (and they weren't as good as the previous 3 times I'd seen em)

- 10,000 Days entirely underwhelmed me.

So they wait until Manchester's standing tickets are sold out until they announce Mastodon as support. For fuck's sake. I'd've snapped up a ticket immediately if I knew that was the case :(

Indeed, I was looking for Manc standing, but they probably went straight away. Probably going to head to Cardiff if anywhere now, combine it with a trip home or something.

So, 5 months on or so, what are people's thoughts on 10,000 Days? For me it is ageing respectfully so far. I was worried the more immediate stuff would grow old quickly, but Vicarious is probably my most played song of the year. Also, I genuinely did not expect it but Wings for Marie has grown on me quite a bit, initially I did not like it at all. I still dislike Rosetta Stoned but Right in Two has emerged for me as the best song on the album and a nice treat at the end of the album.

Even better for me, Iwas thinking of going to see Tool in Dublin but the tickets were too expensive and sold out quickly. Fortunately, they recently added an extra date in the town I am studying in in Belgium (Leuven) so I get to see them at about half the price of the Dublin concert on the 8th November. I have never seen them live before and really can't wait. Sorry if I sound a bit smug.

Anyways, how has 10,000 Days integrated into the Tool discography?