Episode 54 AOT

Spoiler

Captain Levi taking down the Beast Titan was so fucking good. I wish they'd just bloody kill the humans inside though. Everytime they have a chance they wait too long. But that was an awesome scene regardless, Levi is awesome.

edit

Spoiler

ARMIN :(

On 11/01/2021 at 19:51, JoeK said:

Is it me, or is the Crunchyroll app for Chromecast TVs bloody awful (and I assume it's the same as the on in Android TVs too)? Not in terms of design, but in its general flakiness? I'm getting it cut out all the bloody time at the moment. Really annoying!

it’s really bad. They ditched a bunch of their apps and still can’t get the few they have to work. 

On 13/01/2021 at 22:28, Benny said:

I found it does feel like the setup to an epic multi season series though, so I'm not sure if it's planned to continue as it was just getting going.

The manga feels like it’s winding down, there’s 23 volumes so far. Season one of the anime covers up until about half way through volume 8 so there’s plenty left to cover. It changes a lot from that point though. 

On 13/01/2021 at 23:01, Benny said:

Although, for large parts of it it does seem to completely forget that women exist.

That also improves later, though not by much.

On 15/01/2021 at 00:36, Stigweard said:

Episode 54 AOT

Hide contents

Captain Levi taking down the Beast Titan was so fucking good. I wish they'd just bloody kill the humans inside though. Everytime they have a chance they wait too long. But that was an awesome scene regardless, Levi is awesome.

edit

Hide contents

ARMIN :(

That’s possibly the most satisfying scene in all anime I’ve watched. 

4 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

That’s possibly the most satisfying scene in all anime I’ve watched. 

It really was, especially as Zeke

Spoiler

completely underestimated Levi and then suddenly it dawns on him that he's getting utterly destroyed by one man. 

Looked bloody amazing too.

23 hours ago, Steve McQueef said:

I'd be holding fire on Cyber City. Sadly, it appears to have been encoded by monkeys. 

Delighted I pulled the plug on this tonight. 

One of the nominees of this year's Crunchyroll anime awards for best new series. Which is where it caught my eye. Looks like a promising new series indeed - introducing Appare-Ranman! :

Set around the start of the Meiji era in Japan. An eccentric inventor and second son of a respected merchant family, Appare Sorano, decides one day to set off on an adventure. However, the samurai Kosame Isshiki is tasked with keeping Appare's eccentric behavior in check. While trying to drag Appare back to Japan, Kosame accidentally strands them both at sea, until they are saved at the last moment by a passing American steamship. Now stuck in Los Angeles with no money and no easy way to return to Japan, Appare and Kosame decide to enter the "Trans-America Wild Race," where Appare gets the chance to build a custom automobile and Kosame gets the opportunity to earn enough money to return home. The two of them will have to work together while fighting off other rival racers, bandits, and other challenges as they try to win the race.

On 03/01/2021 at 14:04, sir stiff_one said:

And then you’ll just leave season 4 until it’s finished so you can binge it? Good luck man!

This didn't work out at all and I've watched all of Season 4 thats available and now I have to wait till the 25th for the next episode *cry face*

Caught up on it all in less than a month. Been loving it.

I'm not sure why I decided to watch an episode of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, but anyway it couldn't have ripped off Attack on Titan more if it tried. But with added weeb characters.

On 19/01/2021 at 22:30, Stigweard said:

This didn't work out at all and I've watched all of Season 4 thats available and now I have to wait till the 25th for the next episode *cry face*

Caught up on it all in less than a month. Been loving it.

watched the first 6 in a big lump last night. I like the start of the new opening song where it sounds manic as hell but when the lyrics come in it's a bit shite.

No idea how they are going to finish this in a single series, unless it's 30 episodes long.

On 11/01/2021 at 06:48, Zero9X said:

Latest episode of Attack on Titan.

What an episode and it was only just people talking. Goddamn!

It certainly seems to have changed pace a little since then

Quite. Just watched this weekends epsiode and it was bloody great

Spoiler

I love how battlehardered all the Scounts are now, it's not just Mikasa, Hange and Levi. Sasha and Jean perticularly have seriously hardered up. I will say though, it seems long overdue for one of the main Scout characters to die. Not that I want that to happen really, but back in season 1 it felt like anyone could end up dead but now they all seem to escape, there isn't that sense of dread anymore. But I also think thats kind of by design, as they have learnt and evolved in their fight skills and with thier new weapons to take down Titans more effectively.

I have no idea how this goes as I've not read the Manga, but Levi getting the better of The Beast Titan twice now is filling me with dread that he's not going to survive the next meeting. Do not want him to die at all cause he's bloody awesome.

Case in point. Without even breaking a sweat.

image.thumb.png.2b445d941050c447391f18cd2eb2e47a.png

On 21/01/2021 at 00:14, Benny said:

I'm not sure why I decided to watch an episode of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, but anyway it couldn't have ripped off Attack on Titan more if it tried. But with added weeb characters.

It was made by the same team that did AoT. I’ve been watching it and thought the first episode was good but it’s dragging now and hitting ever square going on the anime cliche bingo card.

Though I do have a fair few issues with it. Considering what they do to the main female character.  

Fuck it.  It's really bloody sexist tbh. Here's this strong female who can only exist in the context of the story as long as she is feral and muted. Japan's a bit fucked up tbh. 

9 hours ago, cassidy said:

Though I do have a fair few issues with it. Considering what they do to the main female character.  

Fuck it.  It's really bloody sexist tbh. Here's this strong female who can only exist in the context of the story as long as she is feral and muted. Japan's a bit fucked up tbh. 

I agree, and yet it’s been the biggest selling manga of the last few years, even out selling One Piece.