IGNORED

Anime

Sekiro

15 hours ago, Benny said:

I watched The Girl Who Leaped Through Time and Summer Wars for the first time today. Both excellent, even if Summer Wars is perhaps a bit too mad for the really touching ideas to really breathe.

Have you seen Your Name or Weathering with you? I'd put them on your immediate watch list if you haven't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Further to the last 3 posts, Demon Slayer is still in cinemas in Japan and it's huge. It's just overtaken Frozen to become the third biggest movie ever there. Titanic and Spirited Away remain ahead.

https://deadline.com/2020/11/demon-slayer-japan-greenland-china-global-international-box-office-1234620261/

The article also mentions a Funimation release in US early next year.

14 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Last night I started One Punch Man. Oh my, what an absolute joy that show is. 

Literally the best intro song ever.

Has anyone found Cyber City Oedo for preorder at reputable shops for less than the £33 Bezosibub wants? I've pre-ordered it from his house of lies but I'd rather not give him the money if I can go somewhere else that will get it to me.

On 01/12/2020 at 19:20, Professor Puzzles said:

alltheanime.com are having their 12 Days of Christmas sale and there's some damn good stuff there!

I got blu-rays of Cowboy Bebop, The Tatami Galaxy and Night is Short, Walk on Girl for a total of £19.98 (Cowbop and TatGax were BOGOF)

Although Tatami Galaxy is now on Amazon Prime; worth a punt, anyone else, if you haven't seen it yet. I need to rewatch it.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally took the plunge on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Blu Rays. I've seen S1&2 going for a lot of money on eBay but picked it up for less than forty quid, albeit Region A. I loved it when I first watched it probably a decade ago and never been back. Interested if it stands up and if I have a different appreciation now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started Attack on Titan this week and already smashed through 22 episodes. Its excellent and I really love the concept. I admire how the show went straight into the horror of it all within the first episode too, it really throws the audience into it and the Titans are proper horrifying. Its also a show where you really can't get attached to any character because they drop like flies, its so brutal.

There's so many inner monologues, rallying speeches and emotional music cues but that just seems like typical anime and sometimes they really work anyway.

I keep planning on only watching a few episodes but already found myself up till 2am twice because the cliffhangers are so great, I need to see the next epsiode.

Netflix only seem to have season 1 though, so I'll may signed up to Crunchrolls 2 weeks trial to blast through seasons 2 and 3.