Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’ve never watched any JoJo before but there’s two seasons on Netflix so I’m watching them. It’s not what I thought the series was going to be like though, have I missed something? Is this a prequel? I’m enjoying it but it’s really racing through plot. Is it more like a Kai version or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Broker said:

I’ve never watched any JoJo before but there’s two seasons on Netflix so I’m watching them. It’s not what I thought the series was going to be like though, have I missed something? Is this a prequel? I’m enjoying it but it’s really racing through plot. Is it more like a Kai version or something?

No it’s the normal version and very closely resembles the manga.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Broker said:

Awesome, just checking I wasn’t missing anything. Isn’t there an older series set in 80s Japan? It’s fucking awesome so far.

I’ve not seen the old ones made before these, but I do know they are based on a later part of the story, which this show also covers later on. So you don’t need to worry about those old ones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broker said:

Excellent. I’m preferring Joseph to Jonathan so far, but I really like the pacing. Very little anime bloat.

 

The first season is a little slow and it doesn't take off until after this age, then it becomes a completely different, mind blowing show with some of the best characters I've ever watched in anime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching The Tatami Galaxy at the moment and watched up to episode 8. Not news - it's excellent. Best series I've seen since Cowboy Bebop.

 

The building of layers up episode after episode is really well done and the humour is great. Watching the opening credits you see all of the characters go by and there was one I was very curious about. When he is revealed in Episode 6 was one of the best moments.

 

One problem that I haven't really seen before, is the speed of dialogue means subtitles move a-bit-too-fast but I actually kinda enjoy trying to keep up. Will definitely be buying on Blu-Ray as I can tell this is going to be great for repeat watching to catch all the things I missed first time around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2020 at 00:00, imp said:

New Yuasa show Tokyo Sinks 2020 is out as well, now. First episode was pretty great but after watching a couple more I don't think I'll finish this one, sadly. The tone is absolutely all over the place and the show rapidly loses any sense of believability.

 

That's a shame. I just watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Was hoping for a more grounded anime drama to sink my teeth into after binging Evengelion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive just binged all but the last episode of Dorohedoro.

 

Love it all kinds of bat shit crazy but totally enjoyable, im going to saver the last episode until i can find the six ova episodes out there. 

 

It's also made me think i'll have to buy the manga now too as it's one of the best things that clicked with me in a long time. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2020 at 11:12, MW_Jimmy said:

I'm watching The Tatami Galaxy at the moment and watched up to episode 8. Not news - it's excellent. Best series I've seen since Cowboy Bebop.

 

The building of layers up episode after episode is really well done and the humour is great. Watching the opening credits you see all of the characters go by and there was one I was very curious about. When he is revealed in Episode 6 was one of the best moments.

 

One problem that I haven't really seen before, is the speed of dialogue means subtitles move a-bit-too-fast but I actually kinda enjoy trying to keep up. Will definitely be buying on Blu-Ray as I can tell this is going to be great for repeat watching to catch all the things I missed first time around.


The ...monogatari titles suffer from very rapid cuts and dialog. There's a lot of quick-fire puns and wordplay that flashes up way too quickly to read.

 

Oh, and watch 'Night is Short, Walk on, Girl'. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just watched 'Night is Short, Walk on Girl' after being reminded of it in the post above earlier today then coming across it while trying to find something to watch on Netflix. Surely this must have been destiny! 

 

Anyway, it's fantastic, surreal, wonderful madness that's bursting with fanservice for anyone who enjoyed 'The Tatami Galaxy.' In other words see it nowww. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished Tatami Galaxy and the ending was even more wonderful than I expected. I will definitely watch 'Night is Short, Walk on Girl' but want to wait a bit of time in order to really appreciate, anticipate and savour it.

 

I've watched a bit of High Score Girl now which is okay - the premise feels a better than the execution although the game observations seem spot-on. And Carole and Tuesday which has grabbed me quite a bit but am struggling with some of the more contemporary elements of it which makes me feel that it is going to date itself quite quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

little did Fuddle know that 3 episodes and an OVA were released while he was typing his post

 

Apparently the guy who started the Kyoani fire believed that his idea had been stolen and turned into Tsurune, which I somehow missed at the time and never watched. Is it any good?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

little did Fuddle know that 3 episodes and an OVA were released while he was typing his post

 

Apparently the guy who started the Kyoani fire believed that his idea had been stolen and turned into Tsurune, which I somehow missed at the time and never watched. Is it any good?

 

It's perfectly watchable, but extremely slight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MW_Jimmy said:

I finished Tatami Galaxy and the ending was even more wonderful than I expected. I will definitely watch 'Night is Short, Walk on Girl' but want to wait a bit of time in order to really appreciate, anticipate and savour it.

 

I've watched a bit of High Score Girl now which is okay - the premise feels a better than the execution although the game observations seem spot-on. And Carole and Tuesday which has grabbed me quite a bit but am struggling with some of the more contemporary elements of it which makes me feel that it is going to date itself quite quickly.


I need to rewatch Tatami Galaxy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Although The Tatami Galaxy is available on Netflix over here too, I've only got Japanese subtitles to help me understand and I'm not coping in the slightest due to the dialogue speed (I got up to episode 6), so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the UK Bluray release so I can appreciate it properly. Next problem will be finding something to play it on as my Xbox One X was bought in Japan but I'll figure something out. Worst case scenario: I get it sent to my sister and ask her to rip it for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2020 at 17:43, Doctor Shark said:

Why is Dragon Ball Z so difficult to get hold of? I would gladly pay for digital downloads of Z or Kai, not to mention Super, but it's not available anywhere. I've never watched it before and fancied giving it a go. 

I had the same problem afew weeks ago,tried everywhere but ended up downloading a 150 odd gig rip off pirate bay,for how popular it Is you'd have thought it would be on Netflix or Prime 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to remember watching Tatami Galaxy on 75% speed or something. It was so fast paced! Can’t remember it at all though, so maybe I should give it another go. I actually thought you were talking about something else at first - what “Galaxy” show was on Netflix this year. Had a noodle bar and a cat and lots of boob jokes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

I seem to remember watching Tatami Galaxy on 75% speed or something. It was so fast paced! Can’t remember it at all though, so maybe I should give it another go. I actually thought you were talking about something else at first - what “Galaxy” show was on Netflix this year. Had a noodle bar and a cat and lots of boob jokes. 

 

Space Dandy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Tower of God and first of all don't believe the hype, its solid enough watch but there's no way it deserves the praise its being heaped on. Maybe the Manhwa is better but Bam is probably the most boring anime character I watched this year, typical Mary Sue and biggest simp I seen for a while. The highlight was Rachel during the last episode. Also character designs are meh, in fact the whole series is just meh.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.