1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Watch it on Crunchyroll. They have everything on the free account, think I can get someone a 48 hour premium pass if they give me a nudge.

Do they have the English Dub? As I am finding the dreadful English accents used for the characters fucking hilarious so far.

1 minute ago, Charliemouse said:

Do they have the English Dub? As I am finding the dreadful English accents used for the characters fucking hilarious so far.

Yep. But I always stick to subs, so many anime's just flow better with the Japanese voices. Very easy to read the text and get the sound of context, stuff like Konosuba is a must in Japanese because the actors sound like they are having a blast. The US ones in comparison almost sound painful :lol:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, yashiro said:

I generally agree with that sentiment except when it comes to Dragonball. Goku is absolutely insufferable in Japanese. 

Dragonball is always the exception :lol: Watching it week by week for a bit was truly terrifying.

On 02/03/2020 at 12:50, HarryBizzle said:

JoJo is on Netflix! Time to see what all the fuss is all about. 

I've just started it. I've been finding the English dub hysterical for its complete earnestness but I'll switch to Japanese now. It's not what I thought it would be at all.

Just finished Dragon Ball. It’s very dated now of course but I enjoyed it nonetheless and found the sub preferable to the dub.

Now to fit in something from my All The Anime Black Friday haul before getting stuck into DBZ.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's watching MHA; Gentle is the most empathisable character I've seen. He perfectly describes that level of mediocrity nearly all of us with ambition will feel as our luck/mistakes cast us to the sidelines.

Suprising feels.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone else watched that new Ghost in the Shell series on Netflix? If you can get past the uninspiring CG animation it's mildly diverting, but not a patch on the original GitS. It's nice having the characters back at least.

I finished it this morning. Liked the break in the middle with Batou getting caught up in a bank robbery gone weird. And there’s a thinly veiled twitter mob episode. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I finished it this morning. Liked the break in the middle with Batou getting caught up in a bank robbery gone weird. And there’s a thinly veiled twitter mob episode. 

The Batou episode was actually the standout I think, along with some impressive action sequences. But the "soul" has been utterly lost. There is nothing particularly deep here or tackling any themes we haven't already seen done better in the original series.

Spoiler

The "posthuman" thing is just a copy paste job from the collective consciousness stuff thrown around in the latter parts of GitS. But with less philosophising. At one point 1984 is used as a visual hook but no commentary is actually made on the book itself. In the original series that would have been a 5 minute dialogue sequence with characters discussing its significance.

• Upvote 2
On 22/04/2020 at 16:03, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I really enjoyed High Score Girl, the mom and sister crack me up

It definitely has high points. I just feel terminally old and sad after watching it though.

I especially liked the use of the Final Fight infinite whenever anyone was beating the protagonist up.

• Upvote 1
On 06/05/2020 at 00:13, TheShend said:

Never heard of this before but thought done would appreciate it here.

Thanks for that dude that was a great little watch this morning!

I bet there are loads of little gems out there waiting to be found. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch the Suzy Lu reaction drama, maybe because I'm bored but its pretty delicious entertainment. She's scum if you want my shitty opinion.

1 hour ago, yakumo said:

Anyone catch the Suzy Lu reaction drama, maybe because I'm bored but its pretty delicious entertainment. She's scum if you want my shitty opinion.

I have no idea what any of this means.

Tell me more!