Oop, Dorohedoro - already my contender for Anime of the year, very different - got that 80's cyberpunk feel with wizzards and violence and just wierd dystopian things going on.

image.thumb.png.4a745fdacb6ef30a1eb38dfc84a566ec.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Kengan Ashura on Netflix for some reason. It's absurd and looks a bit ropey but for some reason I just kept going. It's a bit like an anime Spartacus or something.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/02/2020 at 14:50, Benny said:

I've been watching Kengan Ashura on Netflix for some reason. It's absurd and looks a bit ropey but for some reason I just kept going. It's a bit like an anime Spartacus or something.

I’ve just started this and it seems bloody awful. 

Even the animation is ugly as hell. 

9 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I’ve just started this and it seems bloody awful. 

Even the animation is ugly as hell. 

Oh it's ugly as sin and not very good to be honest. I just couldn't stop watching it for some reason.

15 hours ago, Benny said:

Oh it's ugly as sin and not very good to be honest. I just couldn't stop watching it for some reason.

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of One Punch Man, except OPM makes fun of the tropes and this is just trope after trope. It's a whistlestop tour of everything I hate about anime.

I've canned it. That dorohedoro looks interesting. Might give it a go but anything not on Netflix is a pain.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

Carole and Tuesday is the antidote to anime malaise.

Carole and Tuesday has Thundercat in it. Which is good. It also has Tuesday in it. Which is bad.

3 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I watched the first ep, which is probably too little to be able to call it, but both main characters need their heads examined. 

Its brilliant, stick with it.

Watching Slam Dunk, another amazing classic anime which laid the foundation along with Prince of Tennis, Hajime for the sports genre. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

are any of the Mitsuru Adachi anime adaptations readily availible online? That's what you want from a sports series :D 

Is that similar to Touch?

Haikyuu is the best out of all the aforementioned sports anime, for my money. I'd started a rewatch not too long ago before the new series started, and yeah, the first few episodes aren't exactly special, but boy does it soar once it gets going.

I don't want to say anyone is wrong but... I've got a horrible twitch reading this page and feel like I have to reel off my top Sports Anime.

1, Hajime no Ippo

2, Ashite no Joe

3, Initial D (If it counts)

3, Akagi (If it counts)

4, Major

5, One Outs (Probably counts)

6, Ace of Diamond

7, Cross Game (Should probably be higher)

8, Captain Tsubasa

9, Prince of Tennis

Then any anime where it's just pretty people being the best at stuff.*

*Yuri on Ice may be an exception but goes against my theme. :P

(Not watched Ping Pong, Chihayafull or Big Windup yet)

I've started watching the dub of Kimetsu no Yaiba, it's one of those weird things where I didn't care much for it when it came out although everyone and their dog loved it but watching it dubbed I'm finding it a little more enjoyable. 

I have found this before with Iron Blooded Orphans too, the dub has its own story narrative in places and I found that better to follow. 

Yeah the first part (Jonathan) can be a bit of a slog. The second part of the first season (Joseph) is much better. But it’s not until the second season (Jotaro) that you really get the combination unbridled insanity and FABULOUS men, dressed like contestants on Ru Paul’s Drag Race, thats what people mean when they talk about JoJo.