rllmuk

Well that was one of the best Shonen episodes I've ever watched - up there with top One Piece and HxH! Demon Slayer being anime of the year!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Retroid said:

Well that was one of the best Shonen episodes I've ever watched - up there with top One Piece and HxH! Demon Slayer being anime of the year!

Totally agree, was going to post the same thing. Beautiful song too. 

• Upvote 2

I stopped watching One Piece on a weekly basis around the end of episode 750, just as Sanji went off for the next arc.  Started up again over the past few days as its close to around episode 900 done now, so plenty to catch up on and just hit 805 :lol: This show is amazing when you can skip through all the slow paused faces and annoying freezes. That got me to thinking if there were any decent recuts of the show as its been going on for so long and lo and behold I found this site:

https://onepace.net/

They are actively cutting out all the gumf, using the best subtitles and reediting to match the pace of the manga.  They've done loads of arcs so far including most of the early ones and I was able to rinse the first couple of arcs this afternoon (love having time off work!).  One Piece is fantastic and I'd forgotten just how well it all started, hard to believe I've been watching since around 2009.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

I stopped watching One Piece on a weekly basis around the end of episode 750, just as Sanji went off for the next arc.  Started up again over the past few days as its close to around episode 900 done now, so plenty to catch up on and just hit 805 :lol: This show is amazing when you can skip through all the slow paused faces and annoying freezes. That got me to thinking if there were any decent recuts of the show as its been going on for so long and lo and behold I found this site:

https://onepace.net/

They are actively cutting out all the gumf, using the best subtitles and reediting to match the pace of the manga.  They've done loads of arcs so far including most of the early ones and I was able to rinse the first couple of arcs this afternoon (love having time off work!).  One Piece is fantastic and I'd forgotten just how well it all started, hard to believe I've been watching since around 2009.

This is amazing, I have no excuses not to rewatch the whole thing now. 

Man, One Piece is genuinely the best story I've read/watched across all media, its amazing how I am still as invested in it all these years later, and the story is actually maintaining its quality over the years. I've always been hesitant to recommend it to people due to its overwhelming no. of episodes/chapters and fillers, this really is a great idea! 

• Upvote 1

I started JoJo's Bizarre Adventure today. It's certainly living up to the hype so far. Exciting and hilarious in equal measure, some of the jokes and set pieces are making me lose my shit.

3 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I lol'd into a cabbage. I wonder if it'll be bleeped out on Netflix or if it'll get an 18 rating :lol: 

I watched that at the weekend. It wasn't bleeped. And it's rated 15.

2 hours ago, Haribokart said:

What the fuck is going on with season 2 of Sword Art Online (I’m three eps in) because this seems like a COMPLETELY different show. In a bad way.

It's a true rollercoaster of a show. The next couple of seasons really do dredge the bottom of it before it goes ace again.

Back on a bit of anime tip after Eva, and I finally watched Perfect Blue.

Gobsmackingly good filmmaking, I’m in total awe of it.

Now about to order all the Satoshi Kon movies on Blu-ray that I can. Can’t wait to see them.

• Upvote 2

On 10/09/2019 at 00:11, Professor Puzzles said:

I am enjoying Dr. Stone at the moment.

Me too!

I've stopped watching the Anime at the moment to read the manga and will go back to the anime at the end of the season.

I'd seen posts like "redefines shonen genre" and i have to admit they're not wrong :)

• Upvote 2

Carole and Tuesday is lovely. Apart from some of the oh Japan misguided trans stuff. I'm disappointed there's only one half on Netflix.

18 hours ago, Benny said:

Carole and Tuesday is lovely. Apart from some of the oh Japan misguided trans stuff. I'm disappointed there's only one half on Netflix.

Kissanime has the lot. Be sure to run malware scans after as there's pop ups :lol:

Finally decided to give Attack on Titan season 3 a go, but ten minutes into the first episode I realised I didn't have a clue what was going on. I couldn't remember any of the characters or anything. So now I need to decide if I can be arsed to watch all of season 1 and 2 again. 30 odd episodes. Now, I know that's not many to some people, who think nothing of ploughing their way through 350 episodes of Popular Shonen Series, but I don't know if I want to watch that many episodes which I've already seen (but mostly forgotten), just to make sense of the stuff I haven't seen.

Is it worth it? Was season 3 good enough to put the time into rewatching 1 and 2?

56 minutes ago, Benny said:

No it wasn't. The show basically nosedived.

Do you at least find out what was in the basement of the main character's house? I seem to remember that was the Mystery McGuffin that kept me watching through the second season, but was never resolved.

If not, then fuck it, I'll give it a miss. Maybe check out Dr Stone instead, that seems to be getting some love.

Yes, after a season of filler material. The main draw of the series, the ever present sense of threat and horror undergone by even main characters, is lost in favour of relatively meaningless preamble and sidelining of the main story. Then after that it starts to go into some very dodgy moral territory.

It's a shame, as I loved the first series and enjoyed the second.

Finally finished Evangelion, well the series anyway, not watched it through since I was about 18 and had totally forgotten alot of the final quarter of it, probably good reason for that :lol: which order should I be watching the two movies (not the remake ones)