2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Only seen the original film and never watch it... any good?

Fantastic stuff. Hints of the film, more like c.s.i cybernetic scene investigation. Not as  slow and existential like the film. Even has moments of humour. A well realised series. Well worth digging in, its by Production I.G.

4 minutes ago, Zero9X said:

Fantastic stuff. Hints of the film, more like c.s.i cybernetic scene investigation. Not as  slow and existential like the film. Even has moments of humour. A well realised series. Well worth digging in, its by Production I.G.

I'll add it to my back log. So many series on the go its nuts.

I watched episode 49 of My Hero Academia last night and fuck the Anime gets the feels right more than the Manga does.

Makes me want to go back and carry on from where i left off in season 1.

I do think sometimes Anime gives you a better all round package (Naruto) but sometimes when you think they'd get it right the completely mess it up (Attack On Titan).

Don't watch much anime these days, haven't for a long time, but Ajin is fantastic. This is an out of context action sequence which could be construed as a spoiler, but in and of itself spoils nothing. Satou's a pretty great villain, though those with an aversion to CG may be disappointed by the fact that it is, in fact, all CG. Not on the pitiful depths of the recent Berserk series, though - it's decent CG for a whole series.

https://streamable.com/ocwe

That and Megalo Box are my main recommendations from the past few years.

Nice music, too.

8 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

I watched episode 49 of My Hero Academia last night and fuck the Anime gets the feels right more than the Manga does.

Makes me want to go back and carry on from where i left off in season 1.

I do think sometimes Anime gives you a better all round package (Naruto) but sometimes when you think they'd get it right the completely mess it up (Attack On Titan).

What the fuck? Season 3 started already? Where was the hype for it? I'm so confused right now. :wacko:

Hero Academy was again pretty good this week. There's a movie coming out in August right? 

Megalobox had a good episode. It's alright, I enjoy it, I wouldn't say it's anything spectacular. The music is decent yeah. I also watched the first ep of Ashita no Joe and yeah you can really see the inspiration/connection etc.

I notice Death Note has popped up on my Netflix too, so I've done the first 10 or so episodes of that. I'm pretty sure it's about to hit mid season bloat in the Lost spirit, but I've really enjoyed it. It's super tense!

I have also finally finished Ippo. Not enough crying smileys. It's made me laugh, it's made me cry, it's awesome. 

Just finished Land of the Lustrous (2017) and it has comfortably shot up my list of all-time favourite anime. Utterly beautiful from start to finish and loved every second of it. The shot compositions, the soundtrack, the writing, the relationships between characters, Phos' own character arc... All make for a show which is far above and beyond so many other anime in terms of sheer quality and detail. I'm surmising its parts as I lack the vocabulary to do this show justice with a review lol. It manages to introduce a wholly original and surreal premise while keeping exposition dumps at bay or needlessly over complicating things. It's charming and full of wit and mystery. It's simply fantastic! 

I gave it a 9 on MAL but might have to bump that up to a 10 (masterpiece) depending on how soon we get that second season! :P

8 hours ago, VN1X said:

Just finished Land of the Lustrous (2017) and it has comfortably shot up my list of all-time favourite anime. Utterly beautiful from start to finish and loved every second of it. The shot compositions, the soundtrack, the writing, the relationships between characters, Phos' own character arc... All make for a show which is far above and beyond so many other anime in terms of sheer quality and detail. I'm surmising its parts as I lack the vocabulary to do this show justice with a review lol. It manages to introduce a wholly original and surreal premise while keeping exposition dumps at bay or needlessly over complicating things. It's charming and full of wit and mystery. It's simply fantastic! 

I gave it a 9 on MAL but might have to bump that up to a 10 (masterpiece) depending on how soon we get that second season! :P

DON'T read the manga as it's not very good.  There's no art like in the show and it will ruin the story, luckily there's enough for them to do more of it and there's hints it will follow.

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

DON'T read the manga as it's not very good.  There's no art like in the show and it will ruin the story, luckily there's enough for them to do more of it and there's hints it will follow.

Not a Manga reader so that won't be a problem!

Thanks again for the recommendation btw. I would've never heard of it otherwise! :wub:

Started going back to some classic shows, have Ghost in the Shell lined up but started off with the The Irresponsible Captain Tylor after mentions here, which is from the mid 90's.  Bit clunky in places with some cheap repeat animation but perfectly acceptable.  Turns out its a pretty good story and actually quite funny in places, never quite sure if he's a genius or a total idiot but only 4 more episodes to go out of 26!

14 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I know idiots who have given up on the show because it's a bit boring at the start Apparantly. It's frigging awesome and packed with action.

Still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it lol.

Hmpf, no you're a weeb! :angry: