rllmuk

Is Stein's:Gate good then? I tried watching it but didn't make it past half way through the first episode. The whole "apparently adult woman with the personality of a five-year-old" thing annoyed and creeped me out so much I couldn't bring myself to continue watching it.

Also, I've now watched season 2 of Attack On Titan. Wow! They really upped the pace from the first series, and answered several of the questions I wanted answers to (while raising new ones, of course). Eagerly awaiting the next one.

On 26/02/2018 at 20:56, Naieve said:

I felt the same way about Zootropia. Goddamn furries ruin everything.

I dunno, an alternate universe where everyone are animals is one thing, but a film set in our world where children are born who are like, spiritually animals deep inside maaan, to the degree that they can actually turn into wolves, is a step too far!

6 hours ago, dug said:

Is Stein's:Gate good then? I tried watching it but didn't make it past half way through the first episode. The whole "apparently adult woman with the personality of a five-year-old" thing annoyed and creeped me out so much I couldn't bring myself to continue watching it.

Also, I've now watched season 2 of Attack On Titan. Wow! They really upped the pace from the first series, and answered several of the questions I wanted answers to (while raising new ones, of course). Eagerly awaiting the next one.

Go back. One of the most original anime story lines there is with some fantastic twists and turns. Keep going, it rocks and improves.

Stain's:Gate is brilliant stuff. Looking forward to 0 but i am hesitant with it as I don't think it can be repeated.

Up there with Monster.

Netflix have a new show of their own, with Production IG. B: The Beginning. Not started it yet, but it's some sort of serial killer mystery. As it's their own, the whole series came out yesterday. Also a dub available for those who prefer that.

I'll make room for B. After I've finished Eureka Seven. Never got around to it when it first came out, really enjoying watching it on Netflix.

On 03/03/2018 at 16:35, JohnC said:

Netflix have a new show of their own, with Production IG. B: The Beginning. Not started it yet, but it's some sort of serial killer mystery. As it's their own, the whole series came out yesterday. Also a dub available for those who prefer that.

I watched the first episode today. It's way more sci-fi than the trailer makes out. I was in the mood for some kind of psychological thriller, but didn't expect stealth tanks and and shapeshifting androids. Reminds me a little of GitS:SAC though, so maybe I'll stick with it.

Kissanime is probably the easiest.

Edit. Make sure you have an adblocker on the side and run a scan after.  Site has some of the best HD quality I've seen across the dodgy ones.  Though I always make sure to run it through Firefox.

• Upvote 1

All The Anime are bringing 'Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I – Initiation' to UK screens next week -

http://codegeassfilm.co.uk/

http://blog.alltheanime.com/anime-ltd-to-screen-code-geass-movie-in-cinemas/

We will be bringing the first film of this project, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I – Initiation, to selected cinemas in the U.K. very soon; this month in fact for one night only! Yes that’s right, get the date in your diary because Wednesday 21st March 2018 is when you get your first taste of the Code Geass on the big screen in the United Kingdom.

If you're in the London area on Tuesday 20th March 2018, you can see the film a day early at the Odeon Haymarket as All The Anime have arranged a Fan Event screening  -

http://blog.alltheanime.com/code-geass-fan-event/

As a result, we’ve teamed up with the Odeon Haymarket cinema to offer just 45 attendees a Code Geass experience like no other. Not only will you be the first to see the film in the UK courtesy of a screening at 8:15PM on Tuesday 20th March 2018 (a day before the full theatrical release), your premium ticket will entitle you to the following:

– Attendance to the aforementioned screening of the film

– A replica of the film’s theatrical poster, as seen on this page
– An exclusive art card sporting an image from the film, which also includes…
– An AllTheAnime.com web store exclusive discount code entitling you to a single copy of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I – Initiation on Blu-ray upon its UK release
All of this, for just £30.75!

On 12-3-2018 at 15:32, Lorfarius said:

Kissanime is probably the easiest.

Edit. Make sure you have an adblocker on the side and run a scan after.  Site has some of the best HD quality I've seen across the dodgy ones.  Though I always make sure to run it through Firefox.

Thanks but isn't there a subbed version available somewhere? 

Still asking for a friend obv. 

On 18/02/2018 at 19:00, SuperBrother said:

So I just noticed that Netflix now has Shinkai’s Garden of Words available. A solid 10/10 film for me, definitely worth checking out.

I watched it last weekend, was brilliant.

The cute girls finally made it to Antarctica, only took 10 episodes :D

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2018 at 14:27, Zero9X said:

Stain's:Gate is brilliant stuff. Looking forward to 0 but i am hesitant with it as I don't think it can be repeated.

Up there with Monster.

Steins:Gate is now on Netflix (just this past week). I am guessing it's the original series? One of the high rated animes I have never seen or know much about, so looking forward to giving it a shot.

So I’ve never seen Escaflowne but always quite fancy giving it a go. Popped to Brum comic con today and got the BD Ultimate set with movie and soundtracks and such for a bargain £40. 

From the All the Anime stand so definitely legit and has an extra second disc to swap out owing to some kind of mastering issue. 

Makes a nice change to buy anime what with Crunchyroll and all that nowadays.

E6B67A5F-61C0-45A7-8B1D-15436C0F53C4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I just had a look at their site. Really tempted to get the collectors edition of the original Full Metal Alchemist. Awesome show.

Never liked escaflowne, record of lodoss war I'd another. Didn't get the hype. But that's probably just me.

Which website is that collectors edition of fma on? Been looking to revisit.

Watched the first episode of Onihei on Amazon.

What's bugging me is that I'm pretty sure I've seen at least part of a live-action adaptation of the same story on UK TV, and not too long ago.

Can anyone tell me the western titles of any live-action movies based on the source material? I don't think it was called any variation of 'Onihei'; more like something with 'Detective' in the title.

Only one episode of db super left? I'm going to be sad. Super has been epic. Do love the new theme song for Ultra Instinct.

Yeah, just saw that - thing is, I'm rewatching the original right now - just the last episode to go tonight.

I still love it - it's going to be hard to capture the spirit of the original.

So, I know it's not 'officially' anime, but fuck me if the Dreamwork's Voltron series isn't bloody great :)

Absolutely love it.

On 25/03/2018 at 14:05, Zero9X said:

That final episode of Dragon Ball Super was fantastic. 

Super for anime, or super for Dragon Ball anime? Coz Dragon Ball anime is a steaming pile or brown stuff compared to the manga..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 16/03/2018 at 13:36, Alan Stock said:

Steins:Gate is now on Netflix (just this past week). I am guessing it's the original series? One of the high rated animes I have never seen or know much about, so looking forward to giving it a shot.

Please do give it a try and stick with for a few episodes. It starts out realitively meh than something happens that kicks the whole thing into hyperdrive, very mind twisting hyperdrive.

One of my favourite anime series and an undisputed classic.

• Upvote 1