I've just crossed another film off my list of anime to catch up on. This time, it was 009 Re:Cyborg.

I don't think it's very good. In fact, I think it's pretty terrible, mostly due to the way the film ends.

The general premise is that there's some kind of global conspiracy and that the good guys are trying to stop the bad guys. That's all fine.

Come the finale...

...the whole conspiracy / good guys / bad guys thing is at best partially resolved and at worst entirely ignored. Instead, the film's grand conclusion (and revelation) is basically that God exists. That's it. The end.

It's quite a lot like watching the Eva TV series without End of Evangelion.

Disappointing/10

I don't know why anyone would watch something that looks so far up its own arse, it makes GitS: Innocence look light-hearted and full of joy.

At least, that's the impression I've gotten from everything I've seen of it.

The impression I got was that it would be an action movie with a dose of mystery and intrigue, which is exactly what it was until it shit the bed towards the end. I know Kenji Kamiyama likes to get wordy and philosophical at times but even so, I expected better.

Been watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, no knowlege prior and I'm still enjoying it... It's very odd for a series of 2012, as in it's very much like Fist of the North Star or Berserk in it's wooden, retro dialogue and actoin. I think it's a plus in a way, I'm assuming it's because it's directly copying the manga, half way through I'm sure there's a definite leap the "age" of the writing - feels like a decade has passed between the writing of the 2 halves.

It's good! The characters in the second half are more interesting too and the action is retro - but not quite as over-the-top as FotNS which is a shame.

SLA have announced what's on in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Glasgow - October 11th – 13th, Glasgow Film Theatre

Place Promised in Our Early Days

Life of Budori Guskou

Hunter x Hunter - Phantom Rouge

Patema Inverted

MYSTERY FILM

Fuse

Perfect Blue

Eva 3.0

Guest - Jonathan Clements

Edinburgh - October 14th – 20th, Edinburgh Filmhouse

Hal + MYSTERY OVA

Steins;Gate Movie

Aura

Garden of Words + discussion with Makoto Shinkai

Life of Budori Guskou

Patema Inverted

MYSTERY FILM

Fuse

Eva 1.0

Eva 2.0

Eva 3.0

Guests - Jonathan Clements and Makoto Shinkai

Patema Inverted sounds a bit barmy

Also,

BooBies

so Meh is definitely on board.

I'm deeply offended that you think I'd be so shallow as to watch a show just because it's got tits in it, Snowman. It needs a solid plot, too, like Popotan.

Patema Inverted sounds a bit barmy

Fargal linked the trailer a few pages back and they've released some short clips from what's probably the start of the film. The idea's a bit unusual but the characters are fairly standard as far as that goes. It'll be interested to see what they do with it.

Don't know if I can manage an Eva film triple bill and not want to kill myself though.