Sign in to follow this  
esjmllcj01x

The Big Lebowski

I must be one of the few people yet to see this film. I am expecting great things! :lol:

Boy, are you in for a treat. Possibly the most quotable film ever and filled with fantastic characters, visuals and music.

Jesus Quintana: You ready to be fucked man? I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up.

The Dude: Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."

The Dude: Jesus.

Jesus Quintana: You said it man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

Walter Sobchak: Eight year-olds, Dude.

Maude Lebowski: Do you like sex, Mr. Lebowski?

The Dude: 'Scuse me?

Maude Lebowski: Sex. The physical act of love. Coitus. Do you like it?

The Dude: I was talking about my rug.

Maude Lebowski: You're not interested in sex?

The Dude: You mean coitus?

:)

It's great how Kemode sometimes pops up before films and completely ruins them for you before you actually see them. Retard.

I'm a fan of TBL, I think it's ace.

I must be one of the few people yet to see this film. I am expecting great things! ;)

Me too.

I think I've got it on a video tape somewhere, but I never use the VCR the days.

What an ace film. Glad I decided on this over the other two, slightly shitty-looking films on offer, or bed.

Did anyone watch Thunderbolt or Exiled here?

bugger! A Jackie Chan film and The rumble in the jungle (1974 Ali vs Foreman)

I started watching Lebowski but just had to watch one of the greatest sporting moments in history. Fucking amazing fight. I've seen it countless times now and I'm still enthralled by every punch when i watch it again and I'm not even that big a fan of boxing.

Towards the end of the fight you feel awful for Foreman. The guy was exhausted, could barely raise his fists.

It's sad watching Ali now in hindsight. I hate arrogant people but Ali had a certain charm about his confidence.

Kermode is officially a fucking cock for not liking this.One of the best comedies ever IMO.

It beggars belief that another 'comedy' that year The Avengers, made more money than this gem. ;)

It beggars belief that another 'comedy' that year The Avengers, made more money than this gem. ;)

I imagine that Lebowski's overtaken it many times in Video/DVD sales though.

FFS, Kermode's favourite film is The Exorcist. He thinks it's the greatest film ever made. Now tell me he's not a cock.

PS I demand that he be known only as 'Kermode' from now on. No first name. It makes him sound more like a brand of disinfectant.

Guest Carl_00

it was the first time i properly watched TBL the other night and its awesome, john goodman is funny as hell, "shut the fuck up donny" ;) thoroughly enjoyed :wub: