Sign in to follow this  
esjmllcj01x

The Big Lebowski

Guest Carl_00

it was the first time i properly watched TBL the other night and its awesome, john goodman is funny as hell, "shut the fuck up donny" ;) thoroughly enjoyed :wub:

The Big Lebowski, what a great film. Probably my favourite Coen brothers film, just ahead of Fargo. I just love the way everything happens to the Dude - he hardly does anything on purpose, just gets carried along by everyone else. Even Walter decides he should go see TBL to get his rug back.

Jeff Bridges is excellent and captures the Dude perfectly, and the support acting is also first class - as usual for a Coen brothers film. Julianne Moore is my favourite of them - the way she responds to the mention of the little Lebowski urban achievers, by almost signing the line "and proud we are of all of them" because she's heard it so often, is just perfect.

In an interview about TBL, the Coens said they only made one mistake. They said the Dude should've ended up with a new rug. It's not something I'd noticed before, but I think it would've wrapped things up nicely.

It’s my favourite film. And I don’t normally like odd films. It’s crazy just how essential Philip Seymour-Hoffman is in this film to knit some of the strands together with his acting. Fuck, he was so good :(

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

It's still The Coen's best film. They used to be the masters of these daft crime films with incompetent kidnappers/ murderers. Their films have completely lost their "feel" since Lebowski.

It's a 10/10 masterpiece that I've seen over 50 times. But it's not in my top 5 Coens

The 4K Blu-Ray is coming out in a couple of weeks.

That’s a quadruple dip for me, then. I wish the Coen brothers did director commentaries. Or let John Goodman do one for this.

The Big Lebowski is my favourite film of all time, love everything about it and I'm pretty sure I've watched it at least 50 times.

I have a print of this on my living room wall:

1229839135_LeGrandeLebowski.thumb.jpg.bc069179431377714d73c0b336609867.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Empathy 1

The first time I saw this was on a flight from Heathrow to North Carolina in the summer of ‘98.  It was one of those screens in the back of the seat in front, multiple channels deal.  I liked it so much I watched it two more times on the same flight.

• Upvote 1

oh god, please just be some throwaway commercial. I can watch that once, do a sort of smirk and move on. If they make a new movie and fuck it up it might somehow taint the original.

You know, the balance of probability suggests that at some point, someone is going to flesh out a universe and not TOTALLY FUCK IT UP.

Am I wrong?

5 minutes ago, marsh said:

You know, the balance of probability suggests that at some point, someone is going to flesh out a universe and not TOTALLY FUCK IT UP.

Am I wrong?

Blade Runner 2049 says hi.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Going Places, due out this year by all accounts....I think we may have found the link or reason for the dudes appearance?

• Upvote 1

I would have expected to be glad that they're not shitting out some miserable non-Coens sequel, but I think that may actually have been worse.