IGNORED

Which company makes the best game covers?

Otacon

Square. Mainly for the fonts they use on their titles, I cannot do image searches though I'm afraid.

Me too.

Especialy on the FF games, I love the sketches behind the name of the game.

You all know what I mean!

Probably, like I said, it's just a cheap painting that they had to pay no royalties for, I mean what's up with the girl with the hoop? Anything to do with the game? Likewise they did the same with the adult versions of His Dark Materials.. a dark haired girl standing next to a bowl of apples? riiiight.

What annoys me most about western boxart is it's almost impossible to find one which doesn't involve some lame "hardass" (ie ill-concieved main character) pointing a gun at you in a threatening pose, I mean, it makes game stores unfriendly places to walk into, and perpetuates gamings bad image with the moral majority.

Particular offenders include:

B00009LW88.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00005RHR9.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000E262K.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00008NA6Z.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Which admittedly isn't as bad as...

B00009WDLD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

My favourite has to be the slipcased Ico - all rather lovely and whimsical :ph34r:

Very true...

Beautifully illustrated artwork that perfectly reflects the game. Even my dad likes it... he's an illustration-type-lecturer or something like that, so it must be good. ;)

It's the first cover I've shown to impress him since he scoffed at Metallica's Master of Puppets CD cover when I was 13. Ooh, what to show him next...

What annoys me most about western boxart is it's almost impossible to find one which doesn't involve some lame "hardass" (ie ill-concieved main character) pointing a gun at you in a threatening pose.

lol, never noticed that before. :ph34r:

Konami, by a long margin.

Castlevanias:

Circle of the Moon is a bit meh, but...

Harmony of Dissonance is impressive

Aria of Sorrow is amazing

(I actually keep Castlevania GBA boxes because I love the artwork, not because I want to make them more collectable)

And of course Square, with their blissfully simple "Name + Logo" approach:

FF7FF8

Unless you're from the US

FF7 FF8

And let's not forget Nintendo:

M:ZM

Well my cover looked like this which is even better!

Yeah! I was going to say....that odd postcard picture is nothing like the Ico cover I saw (well, okay, it's similar)!

I love the simple Title/Logo thing Square have going in Japan and Europe. Generally I like to have a logo on it's own anyway.