IGNORED

The Good Mame Rom List

rllmuk

Is there any way of emulating Scud Race yet? I loved that game...

Model 3 emulation is progressing very slowly at the moment (there simply isn't the raw computing power available to do it justice yet). There is a Model 2 emulator that works well with some games, though.

The Scud Race rom, however, has been dumped - http://unemulated.emuunlim.com/m3status/

scud12.jpg

scud2.JPG

I think this was running at a very low frame rate last time I checked.

Personally, I can't wait until PCs are capable of running 'high end' 3D arcade games at full speed.

Do you think it's worth somebody putting a permanent backup online in a html file or something, with the necessary formatting tags implemented so that people simply have to copy and paste? Obviously they'd need to keep it as up-to-date as the wiki is, but it would mean that there's always a secure backup available for anyone to access...

Do you think it's worth somebody putting a permanent backup online in a html file or something, with the necessary formatting tags implemented so that people simply have to copy and paste? Obviously they'd need to keep it as up-to-date as the wiki is, but it would mean that there's always a secure backup available for anyone to access...

Excellent idea.

OK, what I've done is uploaded my backup to my web space, and have added the link in RLLMUKs first post in this thread.

If you find that we've been spammed, simply load up my text file, copy and paste the contents into the database.

I'll try and keep it as up-to-date as possible, but need people to post in this thread to let me know if/when they've made some additions or alterations. That way I know I need to update my text file.

I'll try and keep it as up-to-date as possible, but need people to post in this thread to let me know if/when they've made some additions or alterations. That way I know I need to update my text file.

I fixed all the spelling mistakes in it, I think... some may have slipped through the 'net but it looks like they're still fixed anyway. It was bugging me :P

</compulsive>

• 4 weeks later...

It needs fixing. Last night it got buggered up, this morning it's buggered in a different way.

I vote that this doesn't need to be a wiki anymore. The list is pretty comprehensive, and any additions could be suggested in this thread. It would mean an end to the vandalism.

I added Pheonix too. There was a sequel will a strange name that I don't have to hand.

That sequel would be Pleiads. God only knows how you're supposed to pronounce it!

And whoever's in charge of the list - Guwange needs to be re-added again.

So, basically we just mention great MAME games here?

Yeah, Guwange should be on that list, amazing Japan-themed shooter.

I checked the lists, and have another one I think.

Mushashi Ganryuki - Simply amazing platform slasher set in ancient Japan, kind of like a stylised Shinobi/Ninja Gaiden. (ganryu.zip)

• 2 months later...

Just thought i'd let anyone that is interested know that i have created a custom.ini file for MAME .101 with a list of all the games on this list, just need to pop it into your folders directory in your MAME directory and there will be a new folder called rllmuk Good MAME ROM List with all these games for you to enjoy in the Custom Folder in MAME.

If anyone wants me to send it to them, just drop me a note...