Car Boots 3-4th April

Hi All

The weather wasn't great here, but managed 2 boot sales - did no-one else go?

Mega-CD

Sol-Feace / Cobra Command (awful condition) £1

Master-System

Bonanza Bros (complete)

Ultima IV (loose)

Master Of Darkness (complete)

Alien Storm (complete)

Land Of Illusion (complete)

Ninja Gaiden (complete)

Carmen Sandiego (complete)

£5 the lot

PS1

Silent Hill (complete) £2

Grand Theft Auto (inlay card missing) £1

Bushido Blade (complete) £5

Worms (complete) £1

Grand Turismo 2 (complete) £1

Megadrive

Bruce Lee (loose) 25p

Streets Of Rage + Instructions £2

Micro Machines (complete) £2

Kid Chameleon (complete) £1.50

Golden Axe 2 (complete) £1

Revenge Of Shinobi (complete) £1

Cyberball (complete) £1

Empires Of Steel (comnlete) £1

Streets Of Rage (complete) £2

Streets Of Rage 2 (loose) £1.50

Powermonger (no instructions) £1

Castle Of Illusion (complete) 50p

Dragon's Fury (complete) £1

Road Rash (complete) £1

Quackshot (loose) £2

After Burner 2 (complete) 50p

Shadow Of The Beast (loose) £1

Lemmings (complete) £4

Mortal Kombat (complete) £1

Sonic (complete) £1

Purple GBA (loose) + Pokemon Blue (loose) really nice condition £10

Gameboy Colour (complete) with Donkey Kong Land (loose) perfect condition £15

N64

Boxed Nintendo 64 + boxed official expansion pak + boxed red pad

Bust a Move 3 DX

Diddy Kong Racing

Clay Fighter ;):(

Duke Nukem 64

Goldeneye

Zelda Ocarina Of Time

Zelda Majoras Mask

£18 the lot

Perfect Dark (loose) £2

Blastcorps (complete) £3

Not a bad day, but since I only collect Nintendo, one of my worse weeks ever, there was just a complete lack of Nintendo...

Regards

Wow, that really sucks, no Nintendo. Well I on the other hand went to 2 car boot sales and managed to find the grand total of Sonic CD for the Mega CD for 3 euros. Anyway if that was one of your worst weeks well then I sure wish I lived wherever the hell you do, as the car boot sales there are clearly about 1 million times better than the ones here. BTW yes I am bitter ;)

Hello Buddy

I don't really understand why you find so little, sorry.

Until next week, there is only 2 worth going to in my area. They are a fair size maybe 100 cars each - but I've seen bigger.

I am rushing around the boot sales like a mad git - like I was saying nothing other than Nintendo is of interest really to me. I use the other stuff for trades/ebay.

I just pick up other stuff on my travels, and I turn away shedloads of rubbish at the same time. I see the pikeys snapping up all the tat that I (and others) leave behind. I just pick the good bits and move on.

All the deals happen in the first 90 minutes so make sure your there at those times, and get there early. I don't head out at 45 minutes before the first sale starts for a laugh, being early is the key.

Its all to do with the location it seems, I know up north is terrible - maybe you need to travel further out? I do about 100 miles in the peak when I do 4 sales, the times all follow on, and you see the same old faces week in, week out...

Hope you have better luck next week.

Regards

Its all to do with the location it seems, I know up north is terrible - maybe you need to travel further out?

Up North isn't quite that bad I hear as there's several collectors around the staffs area (stretching it in a way I know) that do ok, plus a few more further up in Leeds etc that don't do that bad (They are just really tight gits who'd rather buy a £1 kao on DC than a £5 PDS) - it's the midlands that sucks donkeys as I've very rarely done any business up there even in less competative times going back to the mid 90's and My contacts up there especially around the m40.m42, m6 corridors find zich even at the 2 huge sales in those areas, even being the first guys in there.

Try a seaside one in the summer, visit the area, buy local papers, see whats on and when and visit there really early on a nice weekend, if it's a bust you've got the rest of the day by the sea...

Hi All

The weather wasn't great here, but managed 2 boot sales - did no-one else go?

Mega-CD

Sol-Feace / Cobra Command (awful condition) £1

Master-System

Bonanza Bros (complete)

Ultima IV (loose)

Master Of Darkness (complete)

Alien Storm (complete)

Land Of Illusion (complete)

Ninja Gaiden (complete)

Carmen Sandiego (complete)

£5 the lot

PS1

Silent Hill (complete) £2

Grand Theft Auto (inlay card missing) £1

Bushido Blade (complete) £5

Worms (complete) £1

Grand Turismo 2 (complete) £1

Megadrive

Bruce Lee (loose) 25p

Streets Of Rage + Instructions £2

Micro Machines (complete) £2

Kid Chameleon (complete) £1.50

Golden Axe 2 (complete) £1

Revenge Of Shinobi (complete) £1

Cyberball (complete) £1

Empires Of Steel (comnlete) £1

Streets Of Rage (complete) £2

Streets Of Rage 2 (loose) £1.50

Powermonger (no instructions) £1

Castle Of Illusion (complete) 50p

Dragon's Fury (complete) £1

Road Rash (complete) £1

Quackshot (loose) £2

After Burner 2 (complete) 50p

Shadow Of The Beast (loose) £1

Lemmings (complete) £4

Mortal Kombat (complete) £1

Sonic (complete) £1

Purple GBA (loose) + Pokemon Blue (loose) really nice condition £10

Gameboy Colour (complete) with Donkey Kong Land (loose) perfect condition £15

N64

Boxed Nintendo 64 + boxed official expansion pak + boxed red pad

Bust a Move 3 DX

Diddy Kong Racing

Clay Fighter :huh::(

Duke Nukem 64

Goldeneye

Zelda Ocarina Of Time

Zelda Majoras Mask

£18 the lot

Perfect Dark (loose) £2

Blastcorps (complete) £3

Not a bad day, but since I only collect Nintendo, one of my worse weeks ever, there was just a complete lack of Nintendo...

Regards

You call this a bad lot?

Blimey - I went to one at the weekend. This is how I did.

Although I managed to get the Neverwhere vhs boxset for £1.50 ( veeery nice ), the games where not great.

I purchased one game - unboxed Tiny Toons for SNES - £1.50

Apart from that, a fair few un-interesting PS1 games ( eg WWF ), a lot of Fifa games for PS1/Snes/Megadrive and a few PC games, mainly - £2 to £3 each!

Still, there is a car boot over easter at the Tescos where my wife works - hoping for a fair few bargains then.

Well, I managed to convince Mrs M to go out on Sunday. Up at 7am, we finally managed to get out at... 9am.

And I found precisely fuck all. The only things of worth were PS1 Vagrant Story for £4 (scratched to crap, no instructions - passed) and a minty fresh GBColour & Printer combo (boxed) that the scally family selling wanted FIFTY QUID for.

Still, maybe next week, eh?

I know - but in my heart, I also know that stuff does turn up. I got my NES last year with loads of games and peripherals for a fiver, for example. Needed a bit of work to get it going, but nothing I couldn't handle. Now I'm just looking for a reasonably priced N64 and SNES that don't look too battered. When I do get the chance to go to a car boot, I pretty much resign myself to the fact that nothing will show up - and if anything does, all the better.

I have been to 7 car boots this year and I haven't found a single item related to videogames.

I start to think that some people make all this hype up.

Hi Nohsa

I know where you are coming from buddy. I was the same as you last year - when I used to read RichM's finds every week with interest. I thought it sounded a little bogus to say the least...

My last job involved shift work. Days, Nights, 12 hours, double shifts, lates, afternoons, midnights, mornings - you tell me a load of shitty hour to work, and I used to do them.

Changed jobs now to office hours, to cut a long story short I find getting up at 5:00am to walk around a muddy field no problem at all. A lot of effort has to be put in, and you have to be motivated, as some weeks you'll find nothing. Its the sort of hobby where you have to commit to going every week, even when its dark, cold, wet or if you've had a couple (or 10) drinks Saturday , and are feeling awful.

It's either your crap at car booting, don't arrive early enough or your area is just not worth bothering about.

All I say is that I am so glad RichM doesn't do my area often - and its pretty friendly patch - all the regulars know each other. I often hand out carrier bags to fellow booters. I noticed a large box of Atari 2600 stuff and knew 213 would want it, so I got him over quick so he could do the deal (before the pikeys arrived) He knows I am one of these Sad Nintendo fanboys and will grab stuff for me, in fact we chat so much, we miss loads.

I know that doesn't help - but think about travelling further ourtside your normal area, and if the boot sale says "open at 2pm" don't pay any attention to that, it really means arrive at 10:15am...

I have this wonderful seller, that is there every week - at the afternoon yokel car boot, as I call it. On seeing me - they wave me down. Then out comes this box of games, and I get first refusal, if I don't want it, then out it goes for everyone else.

Regards

I went last weekend for the first time this 'season'. I'm looking to take it a bit more seriously this year. I'm in Stafford and I suspect there are others who frequent the regular boot sale I most concern myself with. I need to get up earlier and maybe do a few more.

I'm only buying to sell on though. Collecting leaves me cold.

I went last weekend for the first time this 'season'. I'm looking to take it a bit more seriously this year. I'm in Stafford and I suspect there are others who frequent the regular boot sale I most concern myself with. I need to get up earlier and maybe do a few more.

I'm only buying to sell on though. Collecting leaves me cold.

If you see any Spectrum or Nintendo stuff, you know who to contact first, right?

I can see where the doubters are coming from.

Car Booting, for games in my case, can be both disappointing, upsetting and infuriating.

There have been weeks when I have set off at 5am and come home with little more than a runny nose and sore feet. Then again one Sunday in October I staggered home with 3 boxed Saturns, the best part of 50 boxed games, two steering wheels, a SNES, a NES and loads more, which makes it all worthwhile.

The haertbreakers are when you get to a stall just that second too late. I saw one kid snap up a boxed SNES and umpteen games for a £5 last year. What was annoying was that when I got there his Mum was trying to talk HIM into getting it. He wasn't interested in 'shitty' Mario. :ph34r:

There's also the heartbreakers when you see someone carrying around games or systems that you would have bought.

Guess you just have to learn to block it out ;)

I passed my driving text at the end of last summer and had to rely on my girlfriend for lifts before that. Now I have my own car I will be able to boot until I drop this year! B)

Any tips on this ie what to avoid.

Avoid the professional 'booters, i.e. the ones who sell every week. You need to look out for people who are just having a clearout. They tend not to know the value of things and so present the best opportunity to snaffle a bargain or two. Don't be disheartened if you don't find anything. It can be very hit and miss. I've walked away empty handed on many an occasion but I've also staggered to my car with a black bin liner stuffed full of Saturn and Dreamcast stuff. Nothing too rare but it's easy to turn a profit on a Saturn and 14 games which cost me a tenner.

Also, set aside an amount of money at the start and use that to make your initial purchases. Sell that stuff on ebay and then use the money from those sales to buy more stuff. You'll be surprised how quickly it can snowball into a reasonable sum of money. Don't be tempted to spend your profits, just keep it to one side. It makes it much easier to get up early on a Sunday when you know how much money you've made so far.

Remember: quality not quantity. Don't just buy any old rubbish because it's cheap, unless you've got plenty of room to store it.

I also like to appear as disinterested as possible. Make it look like you are doing them a favour taking it off their hands. Haggle the price down a bit too. A bit of cheek will get you far.

And get there early. That's the most important tip of the lot.

Be sure to take plenty of money, and make sure you have lots and lots of loose change. Some sellers will only have notes - and it could be hard to do the deal :ph34r:

Don't be afraid to offer them peanuts for something you know is a top title :D If they knew it was worth anything they would have sold it themselves - surely ;)

I am not suggesting for a second that you all come onto my patch :o :o :o - but you guys that find nothing, you are going to have to travel further.

If you buy from regular sellers, then tell them you want better prices as you going to buy each week. They will drop there prices in an instant - try it :D

Have fun everyone.

Regards

the seventeen million Sonic the fucking Hedgehog carts that appear at every boot sale evah?

They're not too bad.

It's the 72 copies of Fifa 95 and Sega Worldwide Soccer which are issued to every botot fair along with a licence to operate.

I've taken a perverse pleasure in actually building up a collection of Fifas from every year.... :ph34r:

Just how many copies of MD Fifa and Sonic 1 were sold in the Uk?

I don't think I've ever been to a car boot without at least 1 MD Fifa there.

On a slightly related note - ever noticed how many copies of the GC Resi remake each GAME has? At least 10 - every GC owner in the country must have bought this game, some probably more than once!

but you guys that find nothing, you are going to have to travel further.

Thats a bit strong coming from you and what you've said to me in the past ;-)

Decided to clock up the miles and see parts of the countyside you didn't think existed?

Don't forget to Gimme a shout about a little trip out this weekend ;-)

Thats a bit strong coming from you and what you've said to me in the past ;-)

Decided to clock up the miles and see parts of the countyside you didn't think existed?

Don't forget to Gimme a shout about a little trip out this weekend ;-)

Yeah but these guys are walking to the bottom of their road and moaning they don't find anything!

:P:):D<_< LOL

Did you get a text from me this morning, I picked up 8 for a quick profit <_<

In peak season I will be doing 57.71 miles... each and every Sunday

Regards